HELP...Eye blinker hood for miniature horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie/Azariah

Reaction score
I am once again coming to this forum for help....

I have a very refined 28" miniature filly who has a very bad eye injury and she is now rubbing it which has irritated it more.

We need to find a mini sized blinker hood my large horse blinker is WAAAAYYY too big! Does anyone know where I can find one, can be a half cup or whole cup with ventilation. I need it asap as her sight may depend on it... actually her EYE depends on it.

Please email or post on this forum if you know of anything.

Thanks in advance.

We had a thread about this a week or so ago, you could do a search or, if like me you are computer challenged (!) just look back over the last few pages.... Good Luck

Julie, I don't know how handy you are, but Leid's in Kutztown carries mini size fly masks. If it must have padded protection, a circle can be cut from it and a padded b size cup can be sewn into place.

Take a bill off a baseball cap and sew it into a cone shape.

We had a mare that had torn off her eye lid (chain link) and it was sewn back on. We had her in a fly mask in a stall and she tore it off again. It was re-sewn and she did it a 3rd time and it had to be cut off.. I prefer stiffer protection if possible now!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
In that thread Rabbit mentions there was a full-cup mini hood available from Herron Tack. Give them a call and see how fast they could get it to you! I'm sure you could drill out holes for ventilation.

Leia

I think that was my post from early September... What I ended up using was a driving bridle with the bit removed (attached to a halter so it wouldn't shift), and putting a fly mask over it. Worked out better than anything else I tried because of the non-shift factor. Worst thing (to me) would be to have your protection itself rub the eye. Put duct tape over the eye to protect from sunlight.

P1020398.jpg

P1020394.jpg

Good luck! Ruby's eye still has a cloudy spot but she can see!!!!

I think Radon will custom make them.

Back