Hello, Im new to LB's and proud new mini owner!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CabbagePatch

Reaction score
I would just like to say hello to everyone and that this is a very fascinating and wonderful site here hopefully I'll get better at figuring it out. Anyways I have been reading anything I can about mini's just to learn as I am now the proud owner of 2 mini's my mare is 7yrs and a red(?) wht pinto with wavy coat and my stallion is a bay. I have about 2 acres of my yard fenced off for them and a run in to get out of the rain, (Im in florida, so no snow). These poor guys were passed around because nobody wanted them, the mare was quite thin. But vet check ok'd just needed worming, weight and temperment have improved greatly!!I would eventually love to show,or some sport with them in time. With patience (and treats) I can do anything with them. I would love any advice from you guys, grooming, training,registering ect. I also plan to geld my stallion here in the near future. Thank You for such a GREAT site!!

Welcome! I am new also, bought my first mini last summer and since have added 3 more and waiting on a foal! I browse around this site continually!

Val

Welcome to the wonderful world of Minis.Lots of nice people and great suggestions and advice on here.Talk to your vet about gelding ASAP.Minis are sometimes sneaky breeders and a mare will get pregnant when you least expect it.I have heard many times,"I don';t know how she could be pregnant-I NEVER saw them do anything!"Some Mini mares will cycle all year long and some show no signs of being in heatto you(also known as a silent heat)but your stallion will know and take advantage of the situation.There is so much to learn.I have had Minis over 20 years and horses over 60+years and am still learning.You will have so much fun with yhour Minis.They really are special little creatures.

Welcome, are your minis registered ? If so there are shows in Florida, if not there are usually Fair shows you can go to. If you ask a question on any aspect of showing you will get plenty of helpful answers.

Hello and congrats on being a new mini owner. I agree, geld as soon as possible. You will probably find that your mares wavy coat will probably not grow in wavy or with very little wave once she is on a more nutritious diet and ganes weight. the two acres is a great space for them, if you have plentiful grass, you may not need to give them anything more than some vitamins and minerals and monitor their weight, time on a dry lot if they are getting too chubby or add grain if they are too thin. You'll love them to death, don't be afraid to discipline them, but I am sure they will steal your heart in no time!

WELCOME!!
default_smile.png

Ask any question you like! There are many people here that will give lots of great info

Welcome from sunny Arizona!! And welcome to the world of Minis! They are awesome!

Welcome from NJ. This site is a great source for information and learning as well as meeting friends with your interests

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. . . we were all beginners once

Latest posts

Back