Hello from another newbie!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

Reaction score
Just want to say HELLO! I am very new to LB but have spent a lot of time on here already and have been learning so much! I don't have a mini (YET) so here I am in preparation for the day when my 'dream' comes true. I'm not interested in showing but I most definitely want to learn to 'drive'...for pleasure.

My DH and I have raised two amazing daughters and have four amazing grandkids. My sisters (4) and I had two ponies and a horse growing up. I am a retired dog groomer (32yrs), breeder/exhibitor (25yrs) and love all furred and feathered critters. We only have an acre and a half but I hope to fence a third of that by fall for pasture and put up a little barn. I am also trying to convince DH that I will need to purchase a small trailer to bring 'our' mini home in. Think I will wait to tell him about a harness and cart.
default_whistling.gif

Since I have been on here, I see I know next to nothing about the proper care/management of horses. I am thrilled to have found this forum and look forward to reading 'new and old' posts and learning from all of you. I am currently looking for a driving instructor in our area.

Boy...I sure wish some of you were my neighbors!

default_new_multi.gif
Debbie

default_saludando.gif
Welcome from Southern Illinois! This is an amazing place to learn so if you got questions you have come to the right place. Good luck in your search for a trainer and miniature.
default_yes.gif

Welcome from southwestern Ontario, Canada. You will be able to get lots of friendly guidance on this forum once you get going.

If you buy from some of the breeders on this forum you will likely be guided by them, as most of the breeders are willing to help and many are loaded with experience.

Welcome to the forum Debbie!
default_saludando.gif

The people on this forum are awesome! I love your spirit and I'm glad you joined us!

If you click on the link at the top of the page that says Lil Beginnings main page, you will find the LB INFO PAGES!

More great stuff there!
default_yes.gif

Welcome, welcome!

Welcome to the forum from sunny Australia, Debbie, but I must warn you that that acre and a half of yours will not be big enough for the huge herd you will quickly accumulate.
default_no.gif

So happy to "see" you here -- the best small equine site on the internet, hands down!!!
bye.gif

Hi and welcome from snowy Western New York!
default_saludando.gif
I'm sure you will love it here. When I first joined, I was in the same boat as you, I certainly have learned a lot over the years!!

Dan.

THANK ALL OF YOU for the warm and encouraging welcome!!! As you all already know, it is really hard to hold off gettin a mini ASAP! I have visited many of your websites and have seen some gorgeous minis available now. I keep showing my poor DH..."Look at this one! Oh my..look at this one...and this one!" Wow, this is tough! But wait I must. I just have too darn much to learn. I have ordered some reading material to help me familiarize myself a bit with driving...even tho I do not plan on doing the training myself. I ordered...

For The Love of The Miniature Horse - by Kathy Atchley

Training Your Mini To Drive - by Pat Elder

Mini School - by Sabine Ellinger

I am so enjoying LB and all my new LB friends!

Debbie

Latest posts

Back