Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we just had some friends stop over to see the new arrival. Was hand grazing Holly w/Sneekers running around showing off his legs. Every time he stopped he was really spraining to poop ( about 20 x's in 45 min )but was p ing fine. Was trying to save money and just hope it would pass and he'd be fine tomorrow...no need to call vet yet....but something is telling me there is something wrong. I dont think the vet is thrilled with it but I just called him to come out. I felt nothing when I tried to put my finger in his bum ( even had my non horse friends help hold him as Skiff wont be home till late tonight ) Better safe than sorry I guess but still frustrating....why cant all foals be like Cam!!

May not have a computer tonight but will let you know what is happening tomorrow.

Will someone remind me next year that I am not cut out to breed horses...yes, they are darling, yes, its fun watching the mare progress, yes, its fun watching them walk on a lead and have nice manners and its fun watching them grow to be big little horses...oh vets here already

jeeze that was fast

Put his finger all the way in rectum..think he said just to where colon dips (? ) felt nothing unusual..( one thing I learned is that I can put a finger or enema tip for that matter much further than I was doing...lesson learned ) when he took his finger out he said it was all normal milk poop ( from looking at his gloved finger).He Did do another enema...1.5 oz. Rectum area is pretty red and most likely sore so he suggests doing nothing for a couple of days. Just as you said, vasaline his little bum and keep it clean. Said he is pooping as evidence on his legs so just wait a couple days. If still straining after Fri. I need to bring him in for ultra sound but he doesnt think there is a problem and doesnt for see that. One thing I noticed while cleaning him is a clump of vey hard dry poop on his tail...right under his tail bone. When I looked closer, it is exactly level with his rectum while his tail is relaxed...its a small piece but just enough to keep rubbing his poor little bum every time his tail is relaxed...there for this could be the reason for all the tail swishing. I hadnt noticed it there so it could have been there since yesterday just rubbing and rubbing.This poop seems to harden like cement so cant get this clump off with soap and h2o so Im heading out to get some baby scissors to just cut it off. Cant see why this would make him strain though

Vet did see him strain a couple times while he was here so at least I wasnt "just seeing things". Guess I just need to do nothing...lets see how I do with that.... except pray I see normal pooping by Friday.

Didnt mean to be so graphic but wanted to let you know whats going on maybe you can think of something that might be causing the straining and not just tail swishing...oh, vet did all the other crap, temp, heart lungs gut sounds ...nothing unordinary.

Rereading my post...before I forget...please remind me next year I will no longer breed.....thank you

Yes. Century Link -- what a mess. The whole town's internet was down. I was out here this morning by 6:00 and couldn't get on, and they said it could be until 6:00 PM before it was up. But it came up at work, and was on when I got home, so I'm out here trying to catch up!

And NO, I won't tell you that you can't breed. But, I'll understand if you choose not to.

Sounds like we'll just have to watch baby. Do me one favor though please. Please take his temperature tomorrow and through Friday. We don't want anything to happen to him, and temperature will be a good guide for us to see how he's doing. I would do my own that way, just to be sure.

I'm here if you need me, you know, as always!! Did you lose my number or do you have it? 863-990-3210 just in case! I'm here for you!

I knew it..Century Link here too...trying to get a program on before calling Heather and the whole thing flaked out..but this was last pm....called their help line and couldnt get through..screwed it up madly. Friend worked on it a few hrs today and ended up leaving with it...combination of me not knowing it was actually Century and Century being down..I think I really got some "wires crossed" and ended up doing more harm. Actually didnt realize it was century until hubby tried using his computer at his office in town then called me...too late by then...I was about ready to toss it in the toilet. using a borrowed computer now.

he didnt tell me to take temp but it sure is a brilliant idea....i certainlly will...will have to grab his bill and see what he put down for todays temp but Im thinking it was 100.1 not sure exactly but he did tell me yesterday that foals temp is always alittle higher.

Thanks Diane for being here!

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your little man Heidi, as always you are on the ball and nothing goes past with you
default_smile.png
(oh except for your mare foaling heheehe)
I'm sure little Skeeter will be all better soon!

Hi Cassie, sorry I forgot to say HI !!! Thank you for offering your help in posting photos...Im using a friends computer as shes attempting to work on mine...she is leaving shortly and if all goes well I will be able to send a few photos off to you...though I dont know your email address. hows Finn and Susie...just read that you took home some nice rribbons over Easter!! Good for you girl!! Susie looks great...wish you were here to work w/my knuckle heads!!

Its my niece Molly ( Camerons sister ) who is studing abroad this year. She is going to be on the Gold ( think thats what its called ) Coast from July till Nov. I have lots of ?? for you...my sister wants me to ask you LOL. Am calling her tonight so I'll find out her ???. Thank so much for any help...I know my sister is very nervous about her going.
lol Hi
default_smile.png

[email protected], no excuses now
default_smile.png
lol
they are doing really well! the dentist came out to do smartie's teeth today and Finn LOVED him lol he hung around his legs the whole time and even let him put the rasp on the side of his cheek (just playing ) dentist said Finn's adult teeth are start to come through
default_crybaby.gif
my baby is growing up lol.

oh its your niece thats coming out lol for some reason I thought it was Renee that wrote that
default_doh.gif
lol silly Cassie.

Ask away my friend!

OOOOHHH the Gold coast, yes you have it right. one of the most beautiful places! we were up there a few months ago
default_smile.png
(its about 10 hours drive from here or an hours flight. what is she studying? (I don't know how she will get a koala out of the country ROFL she may not be allowed back if she tried sorry. lol. she is coming to the Gold Coast at the best time
default_smile.png
it will be cool in July not as cold as down here but from September the weather will be perfect!
all the theme parks are at the Gold coast and the best beaches
default_smile.png
there is always heaps to do up there. will try to answer any questions your sister may have
default_smile.png

Just doing a catch up - didn't get here yesterday,busy busy! Sorry your little man is still causing you stress Heidi - just want to throw you a silly thought/suggestion. Could it be that as he was an 'early' foal, his insides/digestive system is a bit 'immature', Mommas milk is a bit rich for that new little system and he is therefore not forming proper poo yet? No idea if this is possible, but hopefully he will soon sort himself out and with your vaseline to protect his little botty and the removal of that small lump you found, all will be well in another few days.
default_yes.gif

How exciting for your neice - studying in the ASland, what a great opportunity!!

Hi Renee. he's doing good, thank you for asking. Skiff had to go to work early and I needed his help holding the little worm so we got up earlier and got his little hiney cleaned a little more and cut off a few straggly pieces of hard poo from his tail. Its mostly cleaned and it didnt look like he had any "runnies" last night after I cleaned him then. you know me...hands and knees crawling around in the stall looking for that needle in a hay sack...baby poop but didnt find anything. Will grab my coffeee in a bit and just sit out and watch him...but we didnt see any straining when I was out feeding this AM. Other than the poop, he's really a very exciting little one to watch...he's just so full of himself so Im looking forward to having another one around so he will have a buddy.

nice day here, not too hot yet perfect for sitting out and watching him. My Smores needs to be clipped and hope to do that today....he has the thickest hair and is coming out in clumps! Poor guy....he's always last with the clipping because he doesnt like it so its not enjoyable for either of us.

you enjoy your day9 evening ) and will talk later

Oh, almost forgot...I asked the vet if Sneeker looked like he might be a little under developed even before this poop craziness. He didnt think so and thought he looked like a normally developed foal. You thoughts sure are food for thought though....sounds like a perfect explanation to problems like this and I suppose that very well could be a reason...after all Im sure sometimes "things" dont all grow at the same time ( or develope )

This is why this forum is so important...everyone putting their heads together, thinking caps on and collectively trying to get answers....and perhaps making all foals healthier b/c of it...Thanks

I'm glad that sneeker is doing a bit better Heidi
default_smile.png
poor little guy!

Did you hear from your sister any questions you want to ask?

I'm going to sleep now night all... Hint hint Heidi, when I wake in the morning I would love to see some pics of little skeeter pretty pretty pretty please? With a cherry on top?
default_smile.png

Nighty night Cassie,

I did call Jody last night but she forgot she was going out for a meeting and was unable to talk. I do know she was concerned about clothes to pack. They only allow the kids 1 carry on pice of luggage and one larger suitcase. But the problem lies that they fly into Sydney and spend a week orientation and they will only have their carry on during that time B/c the main suitcase gets sent right to the school....after the 1st week they must fly again for a short flight to the town the school is in ( this is, I think, what she told me) Because space is so limited in her 1st carry on and she has no idea the weather she didnt know what to pack..especially for a whole weeks worth of clothes!! I think Jody said she looked up stores to perhaps buy just some hang out clothes when shes in Sydney and the only store she recognized is Woolworths ( we used to have these here in the states but I think most of them are closed now ) I know sydneys huge...do you have places called Target or Wal Marts just to get essentials? Its so funny b/c Molly is like " Ma, dont worry, I can find these stores on my own..will you please just let me be" and poor Jody is like me a major worry wart and want to get every thing all lined up before Molly leaves. I think for $ she just plans on a debit card from here and am assuming she can use that there as well. Will get you the name of the school ( I believe they have several campuses in Australia ) where she will be...I just know its on the Gold coast and shes relatively near the water. She has plans on being a vet most days ( yipee...majoring in mini horses...just kidding ...but i can wish cant I ) but shes also thinking about Law and animal law. Shes taken alot of her science courses early just in case she goes for the vet thingy. I love her to death and I know she will do great in anything she does!!

ONLY YOU HEIDI!!!!!!! I remember looking so forward to seeing what you set up in Peanut's stall each day!! I laughed so hard I cried!!

But THIS ONE -- is amazing!

So happy about little Sneeker!!

Thats why they call me the Poop Godess if I remember correctly!!

Yes Diane, we all certainlly did have some hysterical days and nights back then didnt we....I was so mature....and we were all so tired, silly and scared (at least I was ) humor was what kept us going....well that and in your case, your box of wine!!

There will be none of that craziness when PNuts cam goes back on this year...I will be much more mature and proffesional......Not!!!

Thinking back didnt even Cassies cows get loose in Susies pasture one day...poor Cassie always trying to adjust her camera so Renee could always have a good booty shot of Susie...heck Susies booty was as big as a house, how could we not see it....and the dang Blue Bucket and our lovely Anna the tail monitor..."Heidi, upwrap that Dang Tail and Chop it off before shes kills something with it "...Thump!!

Well I could reminise all AM but the poop godess has got work to do!! Hope you all enjoy your day, its beautiful here and I will attempt to get some chores complete. Bye Bye!!

I had to use an enema on two of our foals. Granted, they weren't thrilled but it did the trick! I think the other foal heard the news about the pending enema and got the job done by herself
default_new_rofl.gif

Glad your little one is doing well!

Thanks blazingstar,I did do 2 enemas but to be very candid..I think I was just pussyfooting around and afraid to hurt the little one..am I breaking his tail, too far in, 2 much water, oh hes squirming I must be hurting him..oh I'll stop. I just need the confidence to just quickly go in and get the job done and move on. Vet came, did one enema in 2 minutes and shortly after that he was fine...couple hours later...pretty normal poo. I wont speak for all but I think sometimes I think these horses are just too fragile and in my case I sometimes make things worse in this case his little hiney was sore from all my touching and prodding. Sort of off subject my Silver Belle,, RIP bless her heart, was afraid of every thing , anything would set her in a frenzy...but if I was straight forward, just do it and dont play into her whims ( yes I did twitch her on occasion..small little clip ) we always got things accomplished w/o alot of stress.

hopefully Sneeker will let the upcoming foal what a true pain in the behind I can be and we will have no difficulties.

Latest posts

Back