Heidi.....being a prankster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renee must have been typing at the same time. Had the baby wipes back with Cam and never remember having to use them..already used them twice on little Sneeker...of course...its Dirty Hollys baby!! Great of all the nice genes he could have got from Holly this little one gets the "dirty" gene...wouldnt you know it.

lol. Are you going to set MS up for peanut? How far apart were they bred? I have been trying to find the thread we had going during the time of breeding cos I can't remember
default_frusty.gif

Yes MS will be set up. Im hoping now to do it in the next week. Took all cameras out of the barn last year b/c I didnt want them all dusty and not have them working when I needed them so I need to redo that crap then call Heather. LB looks alot different than it used too so maybe some of the older topics have been deleted...can you believe they would delete Cams original post..how dare they LOL. I actually did the ph test on PNut just a few minutes ago and she is on 7.0...what!! Not sure if these strips are still good ..they have been in the house now for 2 years. Will have express send new ones to me today. If I can find the records I think P Nut was bred about 3 weeks after Holly.

Thank you mountain woman!!

Renee...just so you know...its morning here my love!!! Wheres Cassie..is she still around...my niece molly is going to school in Australia this year and I wanted to ask her a few questions...like how to sneek a koala out of the country!! Oh Cassie...where art thou Cassie...red rover red rover send Cassie on over!!

I moved this over to your thread, It is evening here and night time down under so Cassie won't be here for a few hours, we could always wake her up
default_whistling.gif

I am glad you will have your cam up soon, lets hope Peanut waits
default_smile.png
To find Peanuts old thread on MS you have to go to the 2011 Nursery
default_yes.gif

We saved all the threads, so Cam's thread is here somewhere!

So silly about the poop! Some things NEVER change!!!

Ok ok just trying to fight my through yellowish runny poo, dirty genes, foaling dates, talk about schools in Aussieland and Cassie being awake or not. So slow down my friends (not easy for Heidi if I remember correctly LOL!) feel some pity for my poor mental ability! Getting back to imortant business - Peanut!! Is she 3 weeks behind Holly or 3 weeks from the date that Holly was supposed to foal?? Did someone mention a covering in July?? So we could be looking at a June foaling?? Beginning - middle - end? Time to get that cam working (and I mean camera not Cam of course!), so dig it all out of storage and get hold of Heather asap.
default_yes.gif

Oh Heidi, it really is soooooooooooooo good to have you back again, we have missed you so much. But we will get very cross if we dont get some pictures VERY SOON!!

default_gaah.gif

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ANNA!!! You'd better listen Heidi -- it's one thing if I come down, but if Anna has to make the trip -- you're in BIG TROUBLE!!!!

Oh yay! Peanut will be back on camera!!!!
default_new_multi.gif
Woooooo Hoooooooo!!!!! I watched her for hours and hours per day waiting on Cam. As a matter of fact I used to show up over at Lizs with my ipad so I could watch Peanut while we were having game night. She was the first mare that made me feel like a stalker... Oh yeah congrats on Sneeker
default_yes.gif
and I hope to see pics very soon.

I'm here LOL (don't worry I haven't just woken up LOL crazy day at work today haven't been able to get on here as much as usual)

CONGRATS Heidi on your new little colt!!! woohoo!!!

do you need to email me the pictures? so I can post them up again?
default_smile.png
happy to do so for you long lost buddy.

ok I found one of the posts about you breeding the girls... will keep looking for anything with exact dates...

This was in July... last year.

"Hi Cassie....its been sooo long!! how are you and your little ones...and the cows....dogs.....family?? Can you believe its been almost a year ( well longer if we count the 10 mos. Peanut was in foal LOL ) Cam was born on Aug. 7th ...which by the way is Robins/Reos anniversary!! So next week he will turn 1.
I have to go to Ca. in a few days so I wanted to get some pictures posted before I leave......new phone and it seems pretty easy but still getting the kinks out.....of me And the phone LOL
Cams B Day will be carrot cake...Skiffs recipe.....cam doesnt want to play pin the tail on the mini but he said yes to bobbing for apples....we will celebrate before I leave then the park is throwing him a big party on Aug 13th....we will take Cam, Nicky and I think we will take Holly so everyone can see Holly before she goes under the camera.....these old folks are so funny....they want to know everything thats going on here!
Cam was not dropped enough to be gelded a couple mos. ago so I just decides to wait till Nov. when its alittle cooler. ....sort of a pain b/c he's all boy....now he can only go w/Skillet and S'mores. I do let him out w/the others if Im right out in the pasture with him..and the girls are pretty good about putting him in his place if he tries to make passes at them!!
Yes!! Three...Holly, Peanut and Popcorn!!! Everyone was bred last mo. so time will tell....but you guys will know as soon as I know for sure!!!
Cassie, how are your hands...geeze you have sure had a rough time with them.....is/are your meds helping to give you some relief....I bet they miss you at the vets!! Well its getting dark so I need to go round up the troops and pass out dinner. Will try to post a couple more Cam pictures in a bit!!!"

Renee thats so exciting that your niece is coming to Australia! what is she studying? which part of Australia is she going to? where is she staying? is she coming with anyone else? (I know you'll be the stowaway in the bag won't you ;p thats very exciting! ask away on the questions, I'll help in any way I can
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord, please Calgon take me away!! sorry Im just getting back. I was attempting to load a thing a ma jiggy that is needed for MS late last night and I shouldnt have been doing it while I was tired. Froze up the computer so bad and am just now getting back on while my own computer is being studied by someone in my husbands office....basically a computer whiz! I was able to put all the cams back up in the barn this am so that is all finished and am waiting for Beth to undo my mess on my computer..therefore Houston...we are almost ready for take off to MS.

Lil Sneekers and Holly's vet visit went well yesterday All Good. Relieved but not really...you know me. Sneekers bum is a mess even with cleaning as much as possible..still has the runs ...still making me on edge...I realize the vet and most people say its from moms rich milk but why didnt this happen w/Cam. Vet and others say watch for dehydration...he appears to be drinking plenty, and Ive done the normal pull the skin up and check elasticity and checked color in his gums ( pressed on and see the color return ) and have them both sequestered w/fan on in stall now ( put them in about 12 and will let them out at 3 ). Its a beautiful day and not overly hot so unless he was lying in the direct sun I most likely wouldnt even have them stalled on a day like today. But this really runny poo, it hardens on and unless I get it right off its like glue..and I cant seem to rub it off...especially right up near his tail bone and anus ( it hardens right on )....poor little guy now hates me because Im always rubbing it. He flicks his tailalot and just in my mind always looks like he needs to push something out. When he does go into poop mode he squirts out this funky golden stuff but very little ( not even enough to drop...if I notice it I just wipe it off )....this is going to sound wierd but like there is something there blocking it. Ive given a couple enemas but Im nervous about putting it too far in and if I press to go in further I cant tell if its blocked or just me being afraid to hurt him. My dilema is too call the vet back or not ( wait one more day ) what would be the ramifications if I wait. Im wondering if this can into an emergency...it there a way to be sure meno. was passed. Vet put is finger in there and what came on his glove he said was milk stool...and said all was well...could he be mistaken..could just part of the meno ( sorry for the life of me I cant remember the word Im looking for ) still be inside. I will let you process all this stuff, I realize its alot and hope maybe you can come up with something. What do I look for in scours...all the info Ive read it makes it sound like just horse with diareah...easier explanation if possible. Thanks

Hi Cassie, sorry I forgot to say HI !!! Thank you for offering your help in posting photos...Im using a friends computer as shes attempting to work on mine...she is leaving shortly and if all goes well I will be able to send a few photos off to you...though I dont know your email address. hows Finn and Susie...just read that you took home some nice rribbons over Easter!! Good for you girl!! Susie looks great...wish you were here to work w/my knuckle heads!!

Its my niece Molly ( Camerons sister ) who is studing abroad this year. She is going to be on the Gold ( think thats what its called ) Coast from July till Nov. I have lots of ?? for you...my sister wants me to ask you LOL. Am calling her tonight so I'll find out her ???. Thank so much for any help...I know my sister is very nervous about her going.

Not much help with the other issues, but you can put a little Vaseline on his butt and it'll help keep the poo from sticking and burning his skin.

Chandra....you should be my vet LOL. I just got off the phone w/him and he told me the same thing....I should have thought of that dah!! He also said that it is possible that he could still have a little of the menocosi (sp? ) still in there creating a small blockage and its not really unusual and sometimes does take a little bit of time to work its way out. Suggested I vasaline my finger and insert and see it I can work it loose or if I can feel anything at all and hopefully if that is the case pop it out. I mentioned that I have given a couple enemas and told him my fears...he assured me that Im on the right track but that I dont want to be giving to many enemas...get sore which I would imagine it would Dah!! Just let them out of the stall and he had lots of energy and did not seem uncomfortable at all....drive me to drink!! Maybe he did pass something in the last couple hours. Vet also said that the poo is usually very sticky and too keep his hiney clean. Guess I'll just grab a cup of coffee and sit out and watch him in the pasture for a bit.

P.S. Ive been gone so long but I do remember all your beautiful montana photos...you've always such beautiful scenery...much different than the ugly flat Florida!!

Hi Heidi, sorry I was at work. I would definitely put some nappy rash cream or vaseling on Sneekers bum to prevent him from getting sore. The only foal I have had this problem with is one of Odettes that was born out in the field whilst it was raining (I know stupid me, I raced out there as soon as it started to bring the horses in but when it rains here in Italy it pours and by the time I got there I found a soaked foal) anyway I thought maybe it was due to him getting cold, I rubbed him down and put a heater on him but the next day he had the squits. It passed in a few days and he had no other problems. Just keep a close eye on him but do we really need to tell YOU that
default_whistling.gif

I am glad you are getting MS sorted but is it safe to give you your computer back
default_xkngt.gif
Oh and hurry up and send me those pics
default_xbud.gif

Hugs my looney friend
default_smile.png

THAT'S THE WORD!! Sorry guys, my internet was down this morning -- as was the whole town's -- and I snuck on a little bit this afternoon, but had to quick get off!

So, vasaline -- or even desitin will work on the little butt! Don't be afraid of the enemas, but if you see him straining then use one. You can also give him some Pepto Bismol, which may help him with some of his irritable bowel AND diarrhea. Look on the bottle for the child's dosage -- as baby is small -- and just syringe into his mouth. He can get it twice a day, but even in a big horse, no more than 20 cc. It may help start to give his poop some form.

Sometimes it takes a few days for the meconium to completely move through the system. But, as long as he's alert and playful -- just let him play! He should be fine. If he's got a little round tummy -- then he's eating enough, so relax, all is well!!

So WHERE are the pictures????
default_whistling.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back