HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both gorgeous and I love Caddy and her coat of many colours!

I love her dearly, but Caddy is my little bimbo blonde, not too many brains upstairs, however she was a fantastic momma to Dolly, so looking forward to seeing what she and Topper will produce (will breed them this summer).

Not horse related, but... One of the heifers aborted today, it was only about 30-40# and had fine hair, so still had a ways to go to be ready for the world (heifer seems fine). We are due to start calving in a couple weeks, I think (whatever the first or second week of march would be). shayne's gonna lock the cows up starting tomorrow; they've had access to the calving pasture (40 acres, I think) along with 30-40# hay each daily, but as of tomorrow they'll be in the calving pens with just the hay (and of course, water).

Since Baybe isn't due for a couple more months, nothing to report there. No new pics since the last time. No pic, since I rarely carry the camera with me in winter; but Tilly "smiled" at me when I kissed her nose tonight.

Aww gorgeous pictures
default_wub.png

Sad for the loss of the calf, but excited to know that calving season is about to start! I just LOVE the pictures of the calves -- so don't forget to be carrying your camera when checking on the cows!!!
Yes, I'll try to get pics, here and there, to share of the calvies.

Its official, she's mine, all mine... Got Tilly's paperwork back in the mail today. She is ADMS registered as "Squires Montana Chantilly Lace".

Great news about Tilly - but I do think that we are due lots of new pics of everyone - take that camera with you!! PLEASE.
default_yes.gif

Great news about Tilly - but I do think that we are due lots of new pics of everyone - take that camera with you!! PLEASE.
default_yes.gif
I'll try to remember, but they'll probably look the same as last pics.... Hairy, wooly yaks. We're a couple months off from shedding yet.

Yes, we need an "official" picture of Tilly to go with her new "official" standing!!!!

I'll try.

Yesterday, we worked cows to get ready for calving (we have number tags in their ears, it helps to pair them up when moving to pastures, their calves get a tag with their number). anyway, the horses were locked in the shed; it has a real gate and an older feeder panel for the other opening. If you don't know what a feeder panel is, check out this:

http://www.behlencountry.com/index.aspx?ascxid=behlenCatalogProduct&i=43 [ours have straight bars set at an angle.] The snow completely covers the bottom solid part of the panel. The horses were fine and stayed in the barn the whole time the cows were in the adjoining pen. However, we looked up when the last of the cows were going through the chute to see Tilly running around the corral; we looked again a few seconds later and she was gone (back into the barn). So, she squeezed through the feeder bars and off she went, only to go back in when she realized Baybe couldn't do the same thing. After running the cows through the snow covered pen on a warmish winter day, the pen is now a sea of poop soup; only to become an icy mess as soon as it cools off again in a couple days. Will have to spread the dirty bedding around for a few days, so they have safe places to walk around. Shayne will be bringing me a new round bale for the girls, hopefully today, so that'll soak up one spot of soup.
default_smileypuke.gif

I think that's everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Go lay in a ditch girl and snap those yaks
default_new_rofl.gif
or you could even hide behind some bushes

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Totally, OT, but here's my current project. Its small, only about 36x40" or so, depending on how many borders I end up with.

Horse quilt 1 - 2013 - in process.jpg

Thank you.

I only have a small dilema with it... I'm almost out of the brown fabric, so have to do something a little different to finish it. ANd, i have enough of the horse print squares to make another with different sashing fabric or even none.

Yes, I do sell some of them, a few I've kept for myself and a few I've donated to charity or fundraisers. I usually decide once they are finished if they'll be for sale or not. This little one likely will be, although, it won't be very big, probably barely lap-size if that (more likely tabletopper or baby-size, maybe wall hanging size). Most i make are on the smaller side, as I don't have the equipment nor patience to work on larger quilts. [if I do all the work myself, when I sell them, I can put a more reasonable price on them; if I sent them out to be quilted, it would really up the price for trying to sell them.]

Hhhhhmmmm!

This morning I was looking at Caddy, I tried to hand breed her to Topper last summer, and she would have none of that and tried to kick his teeth in. I was rubbing her belly this morning, and swear I felt a little udder and her teats are stretched out, but she is a fatty and had one foal 4 years ago, so could just be that. She never did get on a stallion report, as I don't think he got remotely close enough to do the job. I'll have to take a closer look at her.

so, I was looking at my paperwork this morning, and came across a breeding report for Topper (don't think I sent it in, but can't remember) that shows he escaped one day and could have covered Tana and Misty on 7-11; Misty had foaled 6-17 and Tana on 6-23, so Misty could be pregnant (not likely, but maybe), don't think the timing would be right for Tana. Boy, I should really keep better notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back