HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Chanda, I'm so VERY, VERY sorry. Don't beat yourself up -- sometimes it just happens even when we have the best intentions. I found a dead premie out of a 19 year old maiden mare that I didn't even know (for sure) was pregnant a couple of days ago. I kept thinking she might be, but she didn't arrive here until late September last year, so the most the baby could be was 8-9 months. This mare had never conceived before with over 16 years of running with different stallions. So I kept thinking it was wishful thinking on my part -- but I should have known that if anyone could get a mare pregnant, it is El Rey. Then I found the little filly in the pasture. I don't know what happened, but you know, sometimes things just do.

Breeding is not easy. Sending lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you on your loss. I'm so sorry.
Sorry you lost your little one, too. Thank you.

I'm leaving the foal with her over night, then will remove the foal.

I am so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png

oh Chanda, I am so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
after waiting so long for Baybe to foal, and then for that to happen, my thoughts are definitely with you!!

if you feel like posting the pictures I would like to see how it looks, good experience but if you don't then thats fine...

thinking and praying for poor little Baybe, I bet she would have been such a great mum!!

Oh Diane, I didn't realised you lost a little baby not long ago
default_sad.png
how very sad, will you start your own thread to shortly?

Oh Chanda I'm so very sorry for you and Baybe. I know these things do happen and often we never know why, but that doesn't help the hurt (and the guilt) that we feel. Try not to dwell on the 'what if's' as there are rarely answers I'm afraid.

Poor Baybe, I hope she will soon recover from her loss. We usually leave the foal with the mother for as long as it takes for the mare to move away and ignore it which eventually they do, but sometimes it takes several days. They too need to take their own time to mourn.

Sending you and Baybe ((((HUGS)))) and my sympathy.

Chanda I am so very srroy for yours and Baybe's loss.

I lost one last year and nothing prepares you for it. Nothing makes you feel better either
default_sad.png

Please know that it wasn't your fault, even if you had been there you may not have been able to make a difference so don't let it eat you up. My thoughts are with you.

Chanda I am so very srroy for yours and Baybe's loss.

I lost one last year and nothing prepares you for it. Nothing makes you feel better either
default_sad.png

Please know that it wasn't your fault, even if you had been there you may not have been able to make a difference so don't let it eat you up. My thoughts are with you.
Like Wings I lost one last year. Diane, I'm so sorry for your loss also. It is hard, but not sometimes it's meant to be.

Thank you all, it helps a little knowing others have gone through the same thing, and knowing it was likely I couldn't have done a thing.

Cassie, here is the picture of how I found her.

Baybe - june 7, 2012 - angel filly as found.jpg

And, her cute little facial marking.

Baybe - June 7, 2012 - angel filly cute face.jpg

She was just what I wanted, a pinto filly and the coloring was just about right.

I was going to say, I hope those pictures aren't too graphic for anyone, but then I know I"ve seen worse posted, so shouldn't offend anyone.

I do plan to rebreed Baybe, I bought her to be a girlfriend for my little stallion, Che`, he has a really hard time reaching my B-size mares. I'll skip the foal heat she should come into in about a week, and try for the first one after that.

I'm almost ready to head out and do morning chores, we'll see how she is doing this morning. I'll probably take the foal away this morning, otherwise it'll attrack the dogs (they aren't suppose to go in the corrals, but that would be too enticing for them to ignore, I"m afraid, not to mention the barn cats).

Just a lousy way to start the season. I shared the picture with the gal I bought Baybe from, and she said the cord was more twisted than the one she lost at the start of the season. I know these things happen, but it just sucks.

Chanda I am so sorry for your and Baybe's loss
default_sad.png
I lost one that I found similar to yours with the placenta still attached, either mum didn't get up for ages or she slipped it out with the filly, mine was a sorrel pinto filly too
default_sad.png
Only god knows why these things happen, please don't beat yourself up. I left Odette alone to foal so it could have happened to me too.

Sending hugs and prayers for you both.

xxx

I took the foal away, and now Baybe is reacting, but I opened the pasture gate and hopefully a little grass and time will do her some good and she'll settle down.

Thank you, Renee; it helps a litlte hearing its happened to others, but still so heartbreaking. At the moment, it feels like I'm not cut out to raise miniature horses, but I hopefully still have 3-5 foals to come, and if they come healthy and race around the pasture, that feeling will probably subside.

I am so sorry for your loss, Chanda. I hope Baybe recovers from this well. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

I am sorry for your loss too, Diane. (((HUGS)))

As Diane has said please don't loose your will, breeding is hard on all of us and I should know cos I haven't slept in lord knows how long what with puppies and a dummy foal. Sometimes these things are just destiny and we have all learnt this the hard way. My Britt lost 3 foals before I finally managed to get Merlin safely on the ground and out of the woods and now he is just the best thing I have ever had but this doesn't stop me from feeling awful about the babies she lost
default_sad.png

We need a group hug, a glass of wine and a box of chocolates, maybe even an old film that we can all cry over.

Chin up my friend, we are here for you.

Just saw this, sorry for the loss of your filly, I lost Daisy foal the same way March 10 , I didnt post it, hurt to bad...But I did have pics up of Daisy, twisted cord, also...but her colt was super super tiny so I think died in utero, then she passed it, so not term, something went horribly wrong...

Again...sorry for your loss...

You are certainly cut out to raise little horses. This is just a very hard thing that happens to us sometimes. Baybe will probably have a gorgeous little one for you next year. And you need to let us know about these next upcoming girls, so we can "get on it" with them. I can't wait to hear the updates on them, and we'll just be looking to get you a whole "herd" of healthy little ones on the ground in the next few months! We'll have you "over-run" with babies!!!
Should I start a new thread as the next girls come up, or just change the title and keep this one going?

Baybe has settled down, but does call occassionally. That green grass is helping her to adjust; when I last checked, she and Honey were grazing side by side.

As Diane has said please don't loose your will, breeding is hard on all of us and I should know cos I haven't slept in lord knows how long what with puppies and a dummy foal. Sometimes these things are just destiny and we have all learnt this the hard way. My Britt lost 3 foals before I finally managed to get Merlin safely on the ground and out of the woods and now he is just the best thing I have ever had but this doesn't stop me from feeling awful about the babies she lost
default_sad.png

We need a group hug, a glass of wine and a box of chocolates, maybe even an old film that we can all cry over.

Chin up my friend, we are here for you.
I'm not much into wine, but I'll take the hug and chocolates.
default_yes.gif
I haven't kept up too well, what kind of puppies?

Just saw this, sorry for the loss of your filly, I lost Daisy foal the same way March 10 , I didnt post it, hurt to bad...But I did have pics up of Daisy, twisted cord, also...but her colt was super super tiny so I think died in utero, then she passed it, so not term, something went horribly wrong...

Again...sorry for your loss...
Baybe's foal looked so tiny, but when I carried her off, she had some good weight to her, or at least she seemed heavy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back