HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe she hasn't foaled yet, she looks miserable, although her udder isn't quite there yet. Perhaps the heifers will scare it out of her today; we have to brand a few heifer and get them out to pasture, and Baybe is still a bit freaked out by the cows. Shutting the heifers in the other half of the barn, might just push Baybe over the edge and scare that baby out of her.
default_wink.png

Her last four foals were born... April 1, April 24, June 4 and May 24 (in that order); so 3 years she lost ground between foaling, then last year gained a few days. She's gone just past a year since her last foal, I hope she doesn't hold out for 3 weeks to 2 months.
default_impatient.jpg

the heifers made a mess of the shelter; stirred up the floor (mixed the dry shavings into the damp floor), filled in the drainage "ditch" we dug to move the water out of the barn, knocked stuff over; but they sure didn't scare the foal out of Baybe.
default_rolleyes.gif

Yeah! The sun is shining, so the girls got out on some grass this morning, only about 45 minutes, as they are just getting started, but they enjoyed it. Supposed to be 70% chance of rain tonight, I hope they are wrong.

Shayne took advantage of the sunshine today and hauled replacement heifers out to pasture along with their bull. We branded a few calves and vaccinated a few cows; we still have the main herd to brand, but need to wait on a bigger window of nice weather. I'm played out and don't want to look at another cow's backside for some time.
default_thud.gif

Cows!! Dont you just love 'em!! LOL!!

Hopefully you will see Baybe's new foal before that June 4th date
default_yes.gif

Hopefully you will see Baybe's new foal before that June 4th date
default_yes.gif
That would be great. I have a business function I have to go to on June 8, but I can cut my stay shorter than usual, and its only 20 minutes away, so not too far. And, the next day, there is something I want to do, but don't absolutely have to do.

No big changes, but the last several days, Baybe hasn't been interested in her treats, but has sort of "snuggled" up to me (as much as she does anything close to a person). She's a bit crabbier and really isn't impressed with the dog right now (she usually ignores the dog, but today kicked at her a couple times).

Perhaps these are positive signs for her getting closer.

We have been waiting on Baybe to foal for what seems like forever. These mares must be communicating and are having a contest of who can hold on the longest
default_frusty.gif

We have been waiting on Baybe to foal for what seems like forever. These mares must be communicating and are having a contest of who can hold on the longest
default_frusty.gif
Waiting on Hazel's Delilah has Baybe beat by a couple months.
default_wink.png
default_whistling.gif

I think Delilah has a better chance of going this weekend than Baybe does, but we'll see. Come on Delilah. Might as well root for her, cause Baybe isn't listening. ;)

Tomorrow was supposed to be farrier day, but we had to reschedule for next week; so I'm going to town tomorrow for groceries, we are planning to brand on Saturday and I need everything (except the beef for the hamburgers).

Now I'm off to try the rice pudding I made after supper, I don't think it set up, but hopefully it'll still taste good.

Just got home from town, groceries for branding Saturday. Very long day. She didn't even sneak it in while I was gone; but she was the first to bang on the gate... "Where's dinner, come 'on hurry up, I'm starving".

Perhaps Sunday's full moon?

Poor Delilah. She has been passed by so many mares on here. Baybe will probably pass her too. Try to not work too hard Saturday. Is the weather going to be good for ya'll? I hope it won't be too hot.

Right now, we are more worried about rain. We had 4" in our 4 days of rain this past week; that's usually a month's worth this time of year (if not the whole season). Good for the hay, not so great for getting things done outside.

Here's hoping the full moon is good to us. Goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back