HC Minis - new pics pg 172

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew sounds like fun. Good that you have a nice break
default_smile.png

Getting ready to start my next couple quilts, deciding on a pattern, but here is the fabric collection plus a couple not pictured.

FF-61141-003_LRG.jpg

I cut my first pieces of fabric last night, and I think they look even better cut and laid next to each other similar to how they'll look in the quilt.

Sewed my first batch of blocks this morning. There are 3 of each in the stacks, this is half the blocks for each quilt; the other quilt will have lavender instead of yellow.

Dianes quilts - rainy days and nights -start- April 2014.jpg

I think it'll work well to have the yellow and lavender only 1/4 of the blocks for that pop of color every quilt needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 12 blocks done this morning. That would be all the blocks for one quilt, but still sashing and borders to go to put the top together.

Start to the first layout, but I don't like the 3 yellow so close in the middle, so need to tweak the arrangement. Easier to see it if I take a picture and look at it.

Dianes quilts - rainy days and nights - layout 1.jpg

There'll be sashing between the blocks, the stripe print and the rainbow splotch print (looks a little giraffe pattern in rainbow colors).

Another step started. cut the sashing fabrics and laid it out, love it. More to cut and lots to sew, but took a picture so I could see how it's coming, and I love it with the addition of the sashing fabrics. So stinking cute.

Dianes quilts - rainy days and nights with sashing.jpg

The addition of the sashing is just what it needed. Once I get the blocks and sashing sewn together, I'll probably start on the other and get going on those blocks with lavender in them.
default_smile.png

Hey, Diane, have I shared pictures of Jasper with you... My Cushing's gelding that I believe is a silver bay Varnish Roan appy. I don't have many good pictures of him, especially since he's gained a bit more roaning (I don't take his picture much, as I never seem to remember my camera when he's in a good phase, keeping up with his health and working with his Cushing's is a job in itself).

This picture is from last July, within a month after this, he went downhill (I mistimed upping his meds, so he went down hill before I got it right and got him stable).

Jasper - July 17, 2014.jpg

Here he is, a couple months earlier with Dakota and Junior; lighting is bad, but he doesn't look too horrible despite his scraggly Cushing's coat.

Jasper - may 8, 2014 - with Dakota and Junior.jpg

Cushing's is a metabolic disease, and I don't fully understand it myself, but it's caused by a tumor on the pituitary, and since the pituitary secretes hormones that regulate many body functions, when it's not working properly many things don't work properly. An extra long winter coat is one of the "side effects" of Cushing's, or if you rather one of the noticeable signs of Cushing's. It can also cause laminitis, wreck havoc with their immune system, cause them to be fat or extremely skinny (Jasper can go through both sides of that if his meds aren't right) and many other things.

Thank you, Diane. Still working on keeping him healthy, but I think I finally have a handle on his cycle and how the Cushing's affects him and when he needs medication adjustments and diet adjustments (he's currently in his "I can graze" cycle, it'll be over in about a month and then he'll be back to dry lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back