Have you ever had a horse suddenly get SPOTS?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pintaloosa's can produce wildly different looking foals. We have three half sisters, one is bay roan (no appy/pinto), one is bay pinto (no appy), the third is a silver bay pintaloosa. We had a half brother too that was a bay pintaloosa.

As for appy spotting, it's common for some to 'appy' more as they mature. We've had solid foals turn appy at 3-5 years. Why I gave up on appy breeding, leave it to the pros!

Jaitera - I think mine does carry the Taffy/Silver Gene, I've just never tested him..
default_smile.png

Those spot on your little guy sure looks like Birdcatcher Spots, I'm no expert, but I have seen them several times on Large horses, mainly in the TB breed, this is the first one I have seen in a miniature, but I'm sure they're out there.
aktion033.gif

Looking at the underside and muzzle in the last photo's of your boy, he looks like he may carry the Pangare/Mealy Gene as well.
yes.gif

definately looks like birdcatcher spots to me , whatever it is its cool
default_aktion033.gif

He will be so nice looking as he keeps adding his spots.

I have a pintolossa and she was a black and white pinto now she has white roaning and white spots in the black and

black spots on her white.

I was like you wondering what was happening to her and every spring .

He will be so nice looking as he keeps adding his spots.

I have a pintolossa and she was a black and white pinto now she has white roaning and white spots in the black and

black spots on her white.

I was like you wondering what was happening to her and every spring .
I know what you mean! Our black varnish roam paint mare was just plain black with some white hairs as a foal, but now (she's 3) shes TOTALLY white except on hr face and leg bones
default_new_shocked.gif
It was insane! She doesn't even look like the same horse lol,even her skin went from black to pink haha! The appys are so random.

Latest posts

Back