Have to show off my Christmas present!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeeRanch

Reaction score
I just have to brag a little, mostly because I have been on cloud nine since Christmas when I received an amazing present from my wonderful boyfriend. To make a long story short, I used to show minis as a youth, showed on a National level for years and even as a professional a few years after that......but life happens and I got out of the mini horse world. I had been active in pleasure riding big horses since I was little as well and kept up with that, until I had a nasty horseback accident a year and a half ago. I broke my neck and multiple other things and have not ridden since. Due to this it makes it really hard for me to handle big horses anymore. So.....my Mom and I decided to head to a couple of mini shows this last year to see if the "camaraderie" was still the same and if we would still enjoy the minis as much as we had in the past. We were pleasantly surprised that everyone was just as welcoming and friendly as always (something that is hard to find in a lot of horse breeds). It was like we had found our long lost family once again.

At the August 09 show I fell in love with a beautiful two year old filly, and arranged to purchase her. Two weeks later, I lost my job. The company that I worked for shut down. The owners of this little filly have been so wonderful and patient and have held on to her for so long, but I was starting to think that it just wasn't meant to be.

Then, on Christmas day I got the most wonderful Christmas present ever. My wonderful boyfriend knew that this little filly was all that I wanted and he arranged to purchase her for me. The owners of this filly took the time to take an adorable picture of her with a santa hat and bow on, even though the temperatures were around minus twelve. So.........thank you so much to my wonderful boyfriend, to my wonderful Mom for doing most of the footwork to make this happen and definately to Bill and Dee for EVERYTHING and for keeping Mico. We will do you proud in the coming show seasons!!!!!

Here she is, "Shalamara Acres Shamiko"........

5932_133283809232_636299232_2229967_8376482_n.jpg

17363_233967199232_636299232_2988204_1373768_n.jpg

What a great present Merry Christmas and Congrats
default_smile.png

Now thats my idea of a dream Christmas present!
default_biggrin.png

Holy smokes gorgeous!
default_wub.png
Congratulations and welcome back!

That boyfriend is a keeper, pat on the back to your mom and what great breeders to hang onto that filly for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a joyful end with a wonderful present. What a great guy you have. Enjoy your new addition and good luck in the coming show season.

Nickie!!!!

That is an awesome story!!! Bill and Dee are nice nice people. And it sounds like you boyfriend ain't too bad either!!!!!

Can't wait to see you and your Mommy at the shows next year!!! Yay she is a pretty girl! Congrats!

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah That boyfriend of yours is definately a keeper!!
default_biggrin.png

That is AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

You have some wonderful people in your life
default_yes.gif

Wow! You are definitely lucky. I was looking for a pony under my tree and didn't get it --well, not yet anyway. Black and white too; my favorite! What a cute little girl, congratulations.

Congratulations Nickie!!!

Bill and Dee are good people........And your new filly is LOVELY.

She is GORGEOUS!!!

I am SOOOO Happy for You!! Merry Christmas!! :)

Susan O.

What a wonderful present! And she is lovely!! CONGRATS! I bet you are in 7th heaven!! Now that's my idea of a great Xmas present!!

Wow, Merry Christmas is right!

Congrats on your new girl and welcome back to the World of Miniatures.

Beth

What a great way to come back! Beautiful filly - congratulations on her and on having what sounds like a pretty good boyfriend.
default_smile.png

Jan

Boyfriend and filly are both keepers! Bill is a wonderful guy, I'm not surprised he went out of his way to help you realize your dream. Miko is lovely!

Leia

Your filly is gorgeous and your boy friend has got to be very special, better hang on to him.

Latest posts

Back