Has anyone tried this wormer???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Minis

Reaction score
I just got in some boxes of the wormer Iverease (Ivermectin), which contains 5 little cups of granules (that you pour over feed ) in each box. Each cup worms 250 lbs. So I thought this would be perfect for Mini's. Please let me know if you have tried it and liked it or not????
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Well, it appears to be twice as expensive as the paste- but if it suits you......

How big is a box? 1250 pounds? $4 for a 1000+ dose isn't a bad price. I personally prefer the paste, just because I know they got it all and didn't drop it on the ground.
default_smile.png
But the idea seems sound and well worth a try!

I have used it and it worked just fine and was pretty easy. I normally use the liquid and just put it in there feed but I did buy some of this cause it was priced reasonably and I had bought paste this time around. I used it for my rescue mare and a couple of babies and couldnt have been any easier

have to add that I feed soaked beet pulp and I can pretty much put anything in there and it gets disguised easily

Last edited:
I haven't seen it, and if I did I wouldn't even try it. Granules that get sprinkled on feed is a big step into the past in my opinion. Once upon a time the only way to deworm a horse was to mix the dewormer into the feed (unless you got the vet out to tube worm them of course & that had its drawbacks too)--and we always seemed to be blessed with horses that refused to eat feed that had dewormer mixed into it. Trying to mix that stuff up into something that could be syringed into their mouths was a nightmare. When it came out the Eqvalan injectable was in my view the most wonderful thing ever. The paste dewormers--and now the liquid that I use--is wonderful too.

There is just no chance that I will go back to buying something that has to be put on/in the feed...mix it up, then make sure each horse eats his/her full dose.....not a chance.

I did try it once, as we have a 16H saddle horse that hates paste wormer; and it worked fine. But, with the usual cost of this wormer, I just decided to deal with his issues over paste wormer. At $3.95/1250# dose; I'm going to stock up a little bit and use it. Mix it with a little sweet feed and I won't have any problems worming the saddle horses (minis are so easy to paste, that I'll probably stick with paste for them - I have one that sucks it out of the tube, so I deworm her last). :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the sale.

I've used it, couldn't be easier and works fine. Horses had no trouble gobbling it up with grain and beet pulp. I used it when they had a big rebate on it. Other than that it was quite expensive compared to other types but at that price I would buy it, definitely!

I've used it and love it. I had a fecal test run 30 days after using it and the tests were negative. :aktion033:

the horses love it. I use it for the horses that just don't like anything stuck in their mouth. :aktion033:

:aktion033: I used it and thought it was the best idea for minis that Ive seen in years!!! It isnt really granuals as much as a fine pwder, more like the consistancy of bran. I top dress my grain with a little corn oil and they didnt seem to even try to pick it out Hurray!! The right dose for sure!! :aktion033:

Thanks! I wormed 4 of my horses this afternoon with it, 2 Mini's and 2 weanling "big" horses and it worked great. They didn't even notice it was there. It is more like a bran "powder"........Thumbs up so far!! :aktion033:

Like hhpminis I bought some when it first came out and had a big rebate. Worked great, they cleaned it right up. Wonderful stuff for those horses that are difficult to paste.

I haven't used it but I have seen it and know what you are talking about.

Just in case this could be a good / easy option for you or others, I've really been happy with the "Bimectin" brand of ivermectin. It's fairly new and is apple flavored ivermectin. My horses LOVE it as if it is a treat. It's extremely easy to deworm all of them now, where before some of them would go all rodeo on me over deworming
default_wacko.png
:

Iverease is just Ivermectin, it is that simple.

Apart from the fact that it's normal price is twice as much as any other Ivermectin product - $7.99 in the place I found it- there is nothing new or different if you want to put the wormer in the feed.

If you wish to use the liquid or the paste this way there is no problem with that at all, so I will go with whatever is cheapest.

When I ring up to order my wormers I do not ask "How much is so and so??" I ask "What is your cheapest Ivermectin/ Fenbendazole/ Praziquantel product" and that is what I buy.

If you can get this product cheaply and it works for you, go for it.

I also go for the cheapest way........Usually this wormer is $7.95 so when they had it on special for a limited time for $3.95, I thought I would try it.........
default_yes.gif
:

Yes, I am so happy I found the Iverease, it really is the easiest wormer I have EVER had. Makes worming time a real snap. They seem to like it just fine also.

I ordered 10 boxes while it was on-sale for $3.95/1250# dose. We gave it to everyone yesterday in their feed, everyone cleaned up their feed. It was very easy for dosing my husband's gelding that is almost impossible to paste; put it in a scoop of sweet feed and put it in front of him, he ate slowly, but ate it all. Also, did the 3 other full-size horses and all ate theirs just fine. It was so nice not to fight with anyone to get them pasted. Since, the minis and my saddle horses are easy to paste; I'll save the remaining IverEase to deworm my husbands horse the rest of the year (I have 4 boxes left, so that should get him through the year).

I ordered 10 boxes while it was on-sale for $3.95/1250# dose. We gave it to everyone yesterday in their feed, everyone cleaned up their feed. It was very easy for dosing my husband's gelding that is almost impossible to paste; put it in a scoop of sweet feed and put it in front of him, he ate slowly, but ate it all. Also, did the 3 other full-size horses and all ate theirs just fine. It was so nice not to fight with anyone to get them pasted. Since, the minis and my saddle horses are easy to paste; I'll save the remaining IverEase to deworm my husbands horse the rest of the year (I have 4 boxes left, so that should get him through the year).
Where did u find it for $3.95??? I only ordered 5 boxes when it was $3.95 but that was a month ago, I wish I ordered more....... :no: I really like not fighting with them also..........I have read the other posts of the horses eating the paste right out of the tube, I have NEVER had such luck!! They act like I am poisoning them, lol
default_wacko.png
:

I saw this and noticed that it is .6 not 1.87 percent Ivermectin. I couldn't find any information on how that impacts effectiveness though. Thing is, I have one mini... I would have to store an open tube for a many months before using it up, so I like the idea of the individual dose of Iverease.... even if it is a few bucks more in total.

I think when I have purchased Bimectin (I order large quantities at one time), it's just over $3 a tube, so less even then the on-sale Iverese. It is a tube dewormer and is Ivermectin, so what we are used to. However, it tastes VERY good to the horses. Mine act like they are now getting a treat vs. being dewormed. It is also a clear gel, which alarmed me the first time I used it. I didn't realize it was flavored and the sweet smell and clear gel look of it freaked me out and it crossed my mind it was mis-labeled Quest... which of course it was not. It has made deworming much easier and as I said, it's very inexpensive. I order it from Jeffers.

Back