Has anyone tried this wormer???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - the prices that you folks are paying for your de-wormers are cheap!!!! I just bought some Panomec yesterday for $17.99 per tube. I'm not sure why the prices are so high in Canada - but I'm going to look into shipping some up from the US - it would be cheaper - even with paying the shipping!!!!!!

Wow - the prices that you folks are paying for your de-wormers are cheap!!!! I just bought some Panomec yesterday for $17.99 per tube. I'm not sure why the prices are so high in Canada - but I'm going to look into shipping some up from the US - it would be cheaper - even with paying the shipping!!!!!!
That is outrageous ..........try www.jeffersequine.com , www.americanlivestock.com , my 2 favorite places!!!!

I think when I have purchased Bimectin (I order large quantities at one time), it's just over $3 a tube, so less even then the on-sale Iverese. It is a tube dewormer and is Ivermectin, so what we are used to. However, it tastes VERY good to the horses. Mine act like they are now getting a treat vs. being dewormed. It is also a clear gel, which alarmed me the first time I used it. I didn't realize it was flavored and the sweet smell and clear gel look of it freaked me out and it crossed my mind it was mis-labeled Quest... which of course it was not. It has made deworming much easier and as I said, it's very inexpensive. I order it from Jeffers.
Jill,

You are so lucky! I have also used Bimectin and Exodus which both smell like Apples........mine hate it!!!! Act like I am feeding them poop or something.......I think it is just the site of the tube!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Where did u find it for $3.95??? I only ordered 5 boxes when it was $3.95 but that was a month ago, I wish I ordered more....... :no: I really like not fighting with them also..........I have read the other posts of the horses eating the paste right out of the tube, I have NEVER had such luck!! They act like I am poisoning them, lol
default_wacko.png
:
I ordered from American Livestock in December, but didn't need to dose them til now.

In Canada the cheapest way to go is the Noromectin. A friend & I were laughing the one day a few weeks ago over how excited we got over the huge drop in price for Noromectin--it went from $75/100 ml to $33/100 ml, and a bit cheaper yet at $75/250 ml. That's less than $1 per Mini and less than $4 for a full size horse. (I can't buy it in the US & have it shipped up here for anywhere near that price.) I was thrilled! :lol: It doesn't take much to make a horse person happy sometimes!

In Canada the cheapest way to go is the Noromectin. A friend & I were laughing the one day a few weeks ago over how excited we got over the huge drop in price for Noromectin--it went from $75/100 ml to $33/100 ml, and a bit cheaper yet at $75/250 ml. That's less than $1 per Mini and less than $4 for a full size horse. (I can't buy it in the US & have it shipped up here for anywhere near that price.) I was thrilled! :lol: It doesn't take much to make a horse person happy sometimes!
That is a nice drop in price!! I have never used the injectible.......not too fond of needles!!! :no:
default_wacko.png
:

Jill,

You are so lucky! I have also used Bimectin and Exodus which both smell like Apples........mine hate it!!!! Act like I am feeding them poop or something.......I think it is just the site of the tube!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
Oh wow! It's nothing like that here. Mine all love it. I have one paddock that I can usually just deworm through the fence because they all come up and want the stuff. I just have to time it right so the dominant one doesn't arrive first and try to keep the others away from the "treat" (bimectin dewormer). It's the only flavored dewormer I've given them and they love it. I think I've been using it for over a year now.

Just to clarify--I don't inject the noromectin, I give it orally. I actually find it easier to use than the paste, and the horses are less likely to spit it back out. With the paste if they have any little bit of food in their mouth, the paste comes out with the food. The liquid stays in even if they spit the food out.

I've never had any as keen on paste as Jill's are. Not saying they like the liquid either, but they don't really seem to mind it. Last time I dewormed everyone, the one little filly actually put her nose up & puckered up her lips for the syringe--I felt a bit mean giving her the dewormer, as I suspect she was thinking I had a little bottle of goat's milk, and that's why she puckered up to suck it up like she did!

Wow, it sure is nice to bargain shop! Right before I got my minis, I bought three wormers at local feed stores, and the total was right around $40.00. I went online and just bought 8 wormers (a couple were off-brands) for $43.00 plus $8.00 shipping, for a total of $51.00. :eek: I wish I would have looked further into it the first time around!!!

Wow, it sure is nice to bargain shop! Right before I got my minis, I bought three wormers at local feed stores, and the total was right around $40.00. I went online and just bought 8 wormers (a couple were off-brands) for $43.00 plus $8.00 shipping, for a total of $51.00. :eek: I wish I would have looked further into it the first time around!!!
Ditto on that!!! There is nothing like ordering from the horsey catalogs!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some of the IverEase from American Livestock and I got my order within a couple of days. I have a clydesdale who is tube-phobic so this stuff is a lifesaver.

Anyway, I just went to their site and checked, and they still have the sale going on of $3.95 for 1250 pounds (divided into five 250 pound sections). They don't have free shipping until you hit $75, but I was able to buy a few other things I needed and it worked out OK.

Just though you should know.

americanlivestock.com

Jayne

I tworks really good on the hard to worm horses. I have a couple mares, I usually always need my hubby's help to catch and worm, but with this I don't have to go through the hassle. It is great!
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back