Has anyone seen the recent pictures of Einstein?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now Matt,

This is not a reason to pick a fight. We all know the post was not meant to be taken that way. We shouldn't take one line in a post and pick it apart. This is why I am afraid to post sometimes. I am afraid people will take what I type the wrong way.
default_doh.gif
Maybe it's me. Maybe it's the weather, like you said. Sorry....

And maybe I took your post wrong too. Maybe you just like to point out the small things. It's okay Matt. I will try to get used to your posts. Maybe you should be an English teacher or an Attorney. Still love ya Matt.

default_doh.gif
Maybe it's me. Maybe it's the weather, like you said. Sorry....

And maybe I took your post wrong too. Maybe you just like to point out the small things. It's okay Matt. I will try to get used to your posts. Maybe you should be an English teacher or an Attorney. Still love ya Matt.

LOL...Oh lordy. I'm really gonna stop being nitpicky, now. It's probably just a reflection on my own imperfections...
default_wink.png
Thanks for accepting my apology...Love you, too
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay,

It must be the crappy weather or I need to get a life because I'm going to jump in here and comment on this thread. I hope I can get want I want to say out correctly. We all agree I think, that Einstien is less than correct.( okay a lot less) and most would rather not see him out in the public eye.But it is free publicity for the breed, (don't flame me here let me finish) and I can hear it now "other breeds don't take us seriously because of horses like that, He's a bad example" Well I say who cares what they think, they have their own problems and uglies to contend with. All I know is that alot of minis showup at nationals and worlds every year ( beautiful horses I might ad) and that I do take serious. As for Einstien being in the public eye maybe just maybe someone see's him and show's up at your doorstep wanting to buy a miniature horse and you can tell them all about the beautiful, horses you have for sale

" Educate Them" I know as far as I'm concerned having grown up with horses I can tell the difference between good and bad but people new to horses aren't looking at him and thinking omg he's got a roach back. So I would like to look at the sunny side of this thread because it is so cold damp and miserable here in New England today

default_biggrin.png
In the back of my mind I have to somewhat agree with what you said. I do think Einstein's publicity just might bring new buyers to our farms. Then it is up to us to educate the public about dwarves the hard way, 1 person at a time. I would feel so much better about this if they just admitted he is a dwarf.Someone from the dwarf forum tried twice to email Einstein's owners with her concerns about his dwarfism and they blocked her emails! General public already loves him so what would it hurt to be truthful about him? It is hard enough for mini owners to grasp all there is to know about dwarves let alone the general public (ie non horse people). They see a tiny horse and say "ahhhh that's so cute,I want one." They don't understand, care or even think about what it takes to correctly take care of one. They are "special needs" horses and I think everyone of them should have the best possible loving and caring home. Newbie breeders seem to get a bad rap on this forum but from what I can see, they are the ones willing to come forward AND want to take responsiblity for the (not perfect)little life they helped create. I know because it happened to me 3 years ago. I had to have him put down after only 2rs & 3 mths due to his progressively bad legs. He was loved and cared for in his very short life and I will always miss him. Dwarves are not a disease, they are a fact in the miniature horse breed. If you are a breeder you really need to educate yourself because there are physical clues on many of the horses that carry the dwarf gene. I have been learning all I can about them because I never want another one...it's too heart breaking.

I think maybe they already know he isn't quite right. When he was little they thought they had the perfect little mini. Now that he has grown, the signs are more obvious. Sometimes promoters can push you into things that you don't really want to be in. That could be what happened here. Maybe it has gone so far now that they don't know quite how to get out of it. Are they still promoting him?

I am sure they have gotten a few emails and letters and such. Some have probably been mean.

Of course we can't get a grand Champion mini on the news! I guess that would be too boring! LOL!

They would have to know by now and yes he is still being promoted. He has his own website: smalleststallion.com

They would have to know by now and yes he is still being promoted. He has his own website: smalleststallion.com
Wow! he sure is still being promoted. They say both parents are champions so they know plenty about conformation. His 1st birthday is coming up. Do you think they will tell how tall he is now?

Too bad they couldn't have found a way to promote his sire. His dam looks nice too.

It doesn't look like anyone is twisting their arm to do this either.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder.

Oh well..

Wow! he sure is still being promoted. They say both parents are champions so they know plenty about conformation. His 1st birthday is coming up. Do you think they will tell how tall he is now?

Too bad they couldn't have found a way to promote his sire. His dam looks nice too.

It doesn't look like anyone is twisting their arm to do this either.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder.

Oh well..
Somewhere on his website a news reporter stated he was 20 inches high and 6 pounds...had to be a typo about the weight but he may be 20 inches.

Has anyone seen this Youtube video?

I hope the link works, I found it when I went to the Einstein website, looked at their video and clicked on another.

That's adorable. Thanks Chanda
default_smile.png

And getting back to Einstein....... I know I'm in the minority on this topic here on LB, but I still do not "think" Einstein is a dwarf.

I see his faults......but they do not say dwarf to me.

I'd love to hear John Eberth's and Tony Greaves' opinion.

I know they are much more expert on this topic and I am always learning, so maybe they could show me why he is, if in fact he is. At this point I do not see "dwarf".

Susan O. (JMHO)

I saw Einstein on the Today show and I do not think he is a dwarf.

no offence but did you seriously have to reply and bring this post back up to the top of the forum??? i was quite happy when it finally died! Einstein brings up way to much fighting and controversy in this forum.

no offence but did you seriously have to reply and bring this post back up to the top of the forum??? i was quite happy when it finally died! Einstein brings up way to much fighting and controversy in this forum.
Seriously? Pot...kettle...

I was reading everyone's comments regarding Einstein.

I saw /petted, held him at 24 hrs old (before he was famous). He is not a dwarf. His head is not large to his body and he has legs, unlike a dwarf.

He was teenie tiny at birth and portional to his size. I couldn't believe he actually lived being born that small. He couldn't even reach his Dam's udder for several days. He had to be helped.

Einstein has brought lots of attention to the miniature horse world.

I saw /petted, held him at 24 hrs old (before he was famous). He is not a dwarf. His head is not large to his body and he has legs, unlike a dwarf.

He was teenie tiny at birth and portional to his size. I couldn't believe he actually lived being born that small. He couldn't even reach his Dam's udder for several days. He had to be helped.

A couple of days ago I signed off the forum and decided to take a long vacation. I was so tired of another post on Einstein and the comments coming from people who had never seen anything except pictures and television appearances showing a badly behaved little guy.

I am happy to hear from someone who has actually seen him in person.

Horses, like people, cannot always be the "perfect specimen", but I have seen lots of horses with poorer conformation than Einstein.

So much for my vow to stay off the forum and not comment on Einstein topics
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
the forum is a wonderful place most of the time.

Thank you for your "informed" post.

Thanks for you post, he sure has gotten a lot of attention even on Lil Beginnings, and you are correct the smallest weighed in mini that was a preemie, who has survived and is hitting the news to help us educate, and give us a chance to get our miniature horses out to the public.

Lot of minis in the show ring have faults but we do know how to hide them.

No perfect miniature horse, we just need to keep on trying.

We say do not breed! but than again we still have a long way to go.

Will never change everyones mind on if he is dwarf or not.

Maybe the next small little mini born will be what all wants for showing and breeding.

All we can do is wait and see.

As for now, cannot change it, Einstein has become famous around the world and is the talk on LB.

Happy Easter to all on LB
default_wub.png

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy foaling season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that he has some serious conformational flaws, but do not believe that he is a dwarf.

Thanks for giving your opinion, Tony.

I remembered you had told me he was not one back when he was born. And I was hoping to hear your opinion now.

Susan O.

Back