Hardshipping "sale"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a little calculating today and thought this was kind of neat so wanted to share.

For me to hardship 3 AMHA mares into AMHR and then register their daughters with AMHR I would end up paying $780 total for 8 horses. Yes, EIGHT mares that would bring me from 6 A/R mares to 14 A/R mares. That includes all registration fees.

Now for AMHA-to hardship 4 mares, 2 of which would be progeny hardship, I would pay $1800, which does not include registration, DNA, and late stallion report fees. I also want to progeny hardship a show gelding, which is $100 so that brings me to $1900. WITH the extra fees, if I add another $100+ (which is too low, but I didn't have time to look up exact numbers) that's about $2500 that I will spend on hardshipping 5 horses-3 of which are progeny hardships. Oh, and I have to drive 5 hours to get to the nearest person who is allowed by the registry to measure my horses for hardship. Didn't add that cost either.

Just a bit of interesting information
default_smile.png

This is great news! All our minis are triple registered (A/R/Pinto) except two, so this will be the incentive we need to get them all the same! Plus we hope to do more R shows in the future. Both have been shown A & Pinto so could stay on the show string.

Wow!, Makes me appreciate AMHR more and more all the time.. Way to go AMHR! I agree, AMHA could learn sure something from them.

If AMHA did the same I would probably hardship in my 2 geldings. Especially since they are closing I believe its 2013, this would be the year to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news! I have two AMHA only mares that I can now afford to trasfer to AMHR. I wish AMHA would help! I would love to hardship my grandsons gelding in to AMHA so he could show him at their shows. Plus I have several others stallions and mares that would gualify but its too darn expensive. Even their registration fees and bringing to permanent are very costly. I sometimes wonder if their overhead is really that high. If they would give the common man a little break, maybe more people would show with them.

Oh yay!! I bought a buckskin Buck Zeus daughter a little while back who is currently only AMHA registered and getting her AMHR registered is a priority for me. Thanks AMHR, you ROCK!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Question: I have a mare to hardship that is in foal due end of January. Will the foal be "R" or will I have to hardship it too? No way that I can get her to a steward, etc to be measured before she foals.

Wow! THANK YOU for sharing this! The stallion we lost last year was not hardshipped into AMHR before we lost him, so I was gearing up to hardship all three of his daughters in 2012 plus a colt - this is going to save me some major money!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Picasso-if you hardship your mare, the foal will be AMHR eligible.

Also, anyone that hardships a mare or stallion into AMHR-any of their previous foals are then eligible for AMHR registration (as long as other parent is AMHR too) for just the registration fee. 3+ years it is $60 which is a great price and why I can get 8 mares into AMHR for just $780
default_smile.png

I was at convention, and they did not mention this at all. She talked a lot of how they have been advertising in many different magazines (newest one is one based out of South Africa) and how they have been trying to get sponsorships from different tack companies and ADS and such. I don't not remember hearing that they were having a "hardship sale". This is probably why no one knew that it was happening.

If you want to ask questions about convention, I can try to answer. I wrote down most of the rules that passed and failed. Not too many of the rules passed this year for the minis (if I can recall correctly). I did not write down where the Area shows were, just when.

Amanda

Amanda,

The "Hardship Sale" was a Board action. It had been discussed at the Wednesday Board meeting before Convention and was tabled until Saturday afternoon Board meeting after Convention. Hopefully an e-blast will be going out soon so we can get the word out even more. The Customer Work Order already has a note on it that hardships are half price in 2012.
default_aktion033.gif

Lewella

I have some amha mares that Id love to register , can international members hardship ?

Yes they can! And we would LOVE to have our International members take advantage of this sale to bring their AMHA only horses into AMHR.
default_yes.gif
I'm not as familiar with the AMHA to AMHR hardship process as some here on the forum so I'll let one of them explain how it is done.
default_yes.gif

I was at convention, and they did not mention this at all. She talked a lot of how they have been advertising in many different magazines (newest one is one based out of South Africa) and how they have been trying to get sponsorships from different tack companies and ADS and such. I don't not remember hearing that they were having a "hardship sale". This is probably why no one knew that it was happening.

If you want to ask questions about convention, I can try to answer. I wrote down most of the rules that passed and failed. Not too many of the rules passed this year for the minis (if I can recall correctly). I did not write down where the Area shows were, just when.

Amanda
I was curious how the PMC proposals were voted, if they passed or not. There were 2 of them. Also was curious to see the voting on the one proposal where in halter class you have to show them with the lead in your hand?

The Hardshipping sale has been posted on Facebook as well.

Lewella - thanks for clearing that up. I thought someone had said that it was a breed promotion committee action, and I did not remember it from the meeting. I sat in on the BOD meeting, but left about 2 hours into it. Must have missed that part of the discussion. I did see that it had been posted on Facebook this morning and thought it was a good idea. Too bad I don't have any horses to hardship at the moment.

JMS - The lead rope in hand got to the point where the proposal was re-written so many times, and then everyone in the room could find a loophole in the rule. I believe it was decided that it would fall under the rule of "the Judge has the power to excuse any horse or exhibitor who's behaviors or ACTIONS are dangerous." (not quoting the rulebook exactly, but the wording is pretty similar to what I wrote.) The judges committee made sure to bring it up at the Clinic, and I believe they are going to make it aware to all judges.

As for the PMC rules, I do not have them in my notes for some reason. I remember them being discussed, but did not write them down. I want to say that they did not pass either one of them, but don't hold me to that information...

Amanda

Edited to make sure I had the correct information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had seen this on FB today, but wasn't for sure if it was true or not. I am so GLAD
default_aktion033.gif
that it is because I have a yearling stallion AMHA only that I want to get AMHR. Was planning on doing it next year 2012. So this is wonderful!!
default_aktion033.gif
YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

That is good news for a lot of people, not me though since I have no AMHA only horses. Wish AMHA would do the same and cut their fees in half. I have a small mare whose sire is AMHA registered but her dam outgrew her AMHA papers. This mare due to her dam outgrowing her AMHA papers lost out on being AMHA registered as well as AMHR. To bad AMHA didn't allow AMHA horses who outgrow there papers to keep breeding stock papers so that there foals can still be registered AMHA and at 3 if still 34" and under be registered AMHA and if over 34" then be issued breeding stock papers. They do this with paints, if a paint is born solid it is registered as a breeding stock paint. Or AMHA could even change there height to 38" like AMHR so that any horse AMHR registered could be AMHA as well. They would make more money in the long run this way.

anyone that hardships a mare or stallion into AMHR-any of their previous foals are then eligible for AMHR registration (as long as other parent is AMHR too) for just the registration fee.
I have a question that perhaps someone can answer.

I have a six year old mare, who`s sire (now deceased) was AMHA/AMHR, though her dam was AMHA only. If I now registered her dam with AMHR, and paid a late stallion report...could I afterwards register all of their past foals with AMHR, and not have to "hardship" them? (This might be a moot question, as that might be more expensive than simply taking advantage of the sale...but am curious to know anyways.)

AMHR is awesome to do this! Kudos to the Board for their decision! It's really nice, bad economy or not, to see a registry DO something for the members, for as we all know, without the members, there would not be a registry.

My sentiments exactly on the other registry not being willing to budge- they are going to have to think outside the box to stay afloat and either attract new members or keep the current ones.

Latest posts

Back