Hardshipping "sale"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
I am surprised no one has posted anything about this yet! (actually I'm surprised at how little info there's been about convention this year...no one has said a word about which rule changes did or did not pass--I know a few that passed and a few that failed but haven't heard about the others yet.

Anyway--for 2012 (Jan 1st to Dec. 31st) AMHR is cutting their "hardship" fees in half. This means that stallions can hardship in for $200 and mares/geldings for $100. If anyone has AMHA horses that they've been wanting to register with AMHR but felt that it was too costly to do--this is your chance!!

Someone said this is the AMHR's version of economic stimulous!
default_laugh.png

I am surprised no one has posted anything about this yet! (actually I'm surprised at how little info there's been about convention this year...no one has said a word about which rule changes did or did not pass--I know a few that passed and a few that failed but haven't heard about the others yet.

Anyway--for 2012 (Jan 1st to Dec. 31st) AMHR is cutting their "hardship" fees in half. This means that stallions can hardship in for $200 and mares/geldings for $100. If anyone has AMHA horses that they've been wanting to register with AMHR but felt that it was too costly to do--this is your chance!!

Someone said this is the AMHR's version of economic stimulous!
default_laugh.png
At what age can you hardship got AMHR?

Wow, Thanks for the info, I have 2 mares that will definitely be getting hardshipped!

Now if I don't forget about it. (I hate having CRS)

Mary

You can hardship AMHA horses into AMHR at any age, as long as they are AMHA registered. ASPC horses have to at least be 3 years or older from their actual birthday.

Thats kind of cool AMHR is doing that. Do you know of anything else that has passed? No one isn't saying much of anything with what went down at Convention.

WOOOHOOO!! Well that makes me extremely happy. Wish AMHA would do the same, but i've been contemplating going primarily AMHR anyway and this just added fuel to the fire. I've got quite a few mares just AMHA that I will definitely be hardshipping.

Thanks!

You can hardship AMHA horses into AMHR at any age, as long as they are AMHA registered. ASPC horses have to at least be 3 years or older from their actual birthday.

Thats kind of cool AMHR is doing that. Do you know of anything else that has passed? No one isn't saying much of anything with what went down at Convention.
Are you only able to hardship horses with AMHA and ASPC registries? Like, I have a little mare who I would be interested in hardshipping as we never made her dam's papers permanent. The mare was bred afterwards and sold. We owned the stallion at the time of conception but never sent in a stud report. Would she still be able to be hardshipped?

That is great! I have several mares I've been wanting to hardship, I will definately do it next year now!

Are you only able to hardship horses with AMHA and ASPC registries? Like, I have a little mare who I would be interested in hardshipping as we never made her dam's papers permanent. The mare was bred afterwards and sold. We owned the stallion at the time of conception but never sent in a stud report. Would she still be able to be hardshipped?
Technically AMHR is a closed registry with the exception of hardshipping AMHA and ASPC horses so yes if she is unregistered then she will not be able to be hardshipped. If you can get the mare pernament and send in a late stallion report you can still register the baby.

The few I know are:
--the HOF points proposals (that is, the one that wanted no points if no competition and the one that about needing 5 wins with competition even if the division offers no championship class) failed

--the ones regarding stallion certificates being given out, and DNA testing of any foal produced by a mare that was bred by two different stallions within 30 days of each other all passed but are not being made extraordinary

--the long winded one regarding an exemption for Shetlands being registered after the end of their yearling year (read the proposal for the exact details--it's a rather long one) failed.

Those were the only ones I asked about but there are more I'd like to know about--someone must know some more?

Wow, Thanks for the info, I have 2 mares that will definitely be getting hardshipped!Now if I don't forget about it. (I hate having CRS)

Mary
Mary--I'll try to remember to post a reminder or two after Jan. 1st. I don't want to see anyone forgetting a good deal like this!!
default_biggrin.png

Technically AMHR is a closed registry with the exception of hardshipping AMHA and ASPC horses so yes if she is unregistered then she will not be able to be hardshipped. If you can get the mare pernament and send in a late stallion report you can still register the baby.
That sucks. I kind of figured that when I didn't see a whole lot about hardshipping on their site.

Can't say I didn't try!
default_biggrin.png

I just found out about this when I called today to make sure I had everything I needed to hardship my mare, so she was nice and told me about it! Now I am waiting which is good since I just sent out 2 hardships for mares into AMHA
default_new_shocked.gif
that was painful LOL!

Wow AWESOME I happen to have 2 mares hardshipping in 2012
default_smile.png

Thanks for mentioning this Holly l sure never heard...l already had a money order and current pix all ready to drop of in the mail for a couple of mares l was sending of this week who had foals from A/R stallions so this really helps...nice
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

YAY!!! My entire herd is getting done!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I never heard about this until today it was posted in the sales board, so excited!!!
default_laugh.png

I was at convention, but missed the AMHR committee, so was not aware of this...but YAY!! I have a horse I'd like to get hardshipped in (if he doesn't sell soon). I may go shopping for a few ASPC (AMHR hardship eligible) mares now...lol
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

That is AWESOME!! We have one ASPC gelding that needs hardshipped, so that will be super! I do believe all my AMHA horses are already in AMHR.

Now if we could only get AMHA do do the same thing... I have about four or five mares I'd love to hardship but there's now way I can afford it at the current prices...
default_sad.png

Falabella horses can also be hardshipped once they reach age 3

Thanks KayKay, put in a reminder notice for me as well. Been wanting to hardship my AMHA 27" stallion into AMHR ... thats GREAT news!

Latest posts

Back