happy to announce..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMW

Reaction score
Been a long time since I was last here, but my black bay jiminy cricket mare is expecting a 2015 foal by clear brooks buckaroo boogie. I'm nervous as a first time foal-breeder, but excited to be taking this step towards my goals. Finally chose my "farm name" as well as what I'd like the registered name to be. Just wanted to share my little excitement :)

Isn't it gratifying to get closer to a goal we have set for ourselves! Anything with horses, of course, always seems that much more exciting.

How fun to see your dreams take shape - congratulations!

Is the 'nosy' mini in your avatar your bred mare?

It's too bad that 2015 is soooo far away!

Hard to wait for that baby!

That does give you lots of time to play around with names though! Best wishes!

Yes it is the "nosy mare" :) since I'm staying with the mini draft type, I can't wait to see how this baby looks!

Congratulations!!! and I hope you'll join us on the mare/foal forum here on LB. We just LOVE watching and waiting for these special little ones to arrive.

Last edited:
That's awesome!!! Good luck and hope everything turns out wonderful!!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Love the nose! It is a familiar view in my barn!

Would love to also see photo when the time comes of your draft type mini! Recently went on the Shetland Islands pony breeders assoc site to view Shetlands from their place of origin.

I love their look - would they be similar to the mini draft type in this country?

But, I also love the Arab type, the taller , the shorter, the plump and furry versions, the colorful, etc. etc etc!

So exciting!
default_xreiter.gif

Love the nose! It is a familiar view in my barn!

Would love to also see photo when the time comes of your draft type mini! Recently went on the Shetland Islands pony breeders assoc site to view Shetlands from their place of origin.

I love their look - would they be similar to the mini draft type in this country?

But, I also love the Arab type, the taller , the shorter, the plump and furry versions, the colorful, etc. etc etc!

personally, I'm not a huge fan of the arabian type! My favorite are Morgans, and coincidentally my 22 year old looks almost exactly like a miniature Morgan. I love it! Evah reminds me of an inbetween of a Percheron or Friesian in miniature. Couldn't be happier with my two. I did a google search of "mini drafts" as well as watched the AMHR Nationals draft classes... Some people really go all out for the mini drafts! I can't wait to do all the braiding and put in her tail ribbon. It's just too bad you HAVE to do driving as well as halter for the draft class. I have zero interest in driving and aspired to take her to Nationals to halter show her in Draft.

Thank you all for your warm congratulations!

Latest posts

Back