Happy Thanksgiving from $3 Mission of Thanks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe it's that time of year already!!! CMHR you guys rock!!! So I was getting ready to send in my $3 and of course all the animals started piping up "me too, me too!!". Even the goat wanted in!! Geez. soooo with 13 minis, one big horse, the goat, and of course the 4 dogs and 6 cats wanted part of the action too, then add hubby and I. Now I've got to get the calculator out!
default_smile.png
Donations on the way!!

We just sent our donation. Thank you CMHR for all you do!

I was talking to hubby today and saying how much I would love to be able to to foster some minis for CMHR. I'd love the challenge of bringing horses back from bad places to happy beginnings. Unfortunatly we don't have the right setup.- YET- I can't wait 'till we have the proper space to become a foster home for CMHR.

Thank you all soooooo much!!! All of your money will be put to the BEST of use!

How would you like to get half your money back? Are you part of the Secret Santa and still need to get a gift?

We have a $20 gift card from Double Diamond Tack,,,DD,,,yeah, and THANK You!

All you have to do is donate $40 and the gift card is yours! Just respond here that your donation for the DD gift card is on it's way. You may pay by paypal, or snail mail postmarked by Weds.

I think your Secret Santa would love it!!

To the first one who responds here,,,it's yours!!!

Just a reminder, the information you need, where to send paypal and snail mail donations, is listed on page one under the original post!

Thanks

Let's just make it a CMHR pary weekend!
default_smile.png
:)

We have a match!!!

Between now and midnight tomorrow, Sunday, a private donor will give $3 for each donation made by paypal!
default_smile.png

So your money is worth more!

So if 20 members donate via paypal between now and midnight Sunday, that is another $60! Your donation amount makes no difference.

Let's get that extra $3!

Let's just make it a CMHR pary weekend!
default_smile.png
:)We have a match!!!

Between now and midnight tomorrow, Sunday, a private donor will give $3 for each donation made by paypal!
default_smile.png

So your money is worth more!

So if 20 members donate via paypal between now and midnight Sunday, that is another $60! Your donation amount makes no difference.

Let's get that extra $3!
Frankie, one donation elgible!

We all have so much to do, Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks. Please take a minute to hit that paypal button today! Your donation today is worth an extra $3!

It all adds up, making your $3 contribution important, so yes, you DO make a difference. And Thank you so much for making a difference with each one of the horses CMHR help.

Paypal!

Paypal!!

Paypal!!!

we have many things to be given away. I'm hoping Frankie got the pictures I sent her. I think I had her e-mail wrong the first time.

Be looking for some wonderful things coming!!!!!.

Gini

Last edited by a moderator:
We still have the challenge for the Ozark Gift Certificate and the one for the Double Diamond Card is still out there. Check previous page on how to claim!!

We still have a few hours before our match is over. Pay by paypal by midnight and another $3 will be added for you!!
default_smile.png
. This silent donor has enough $3 for your donation, so hurry, RUN, hit that paypal button!!!!

If you have never been to the CMHR web page, I hope you will take a few minutes and look around their site, it will give you a very good idea as to what they do and the horses lives they have changed for the better.

http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org

Miss Tennessee is on the past rescue page for 2009. I happened to be on line when the post came through. I remember yelling at the computer, like it was the computers fault. I got in touch with several board members in a matter of minutes. Reading her story and seeing those pictures, it just tore right through me. I couldn't begin to imagine how a little horse got into this condition.

But that is all behind her now! She is of good weight, good coat, playful, will always have feet problems but that is tons better,,,all because CMHR cared enough, had the finances that you have provided, to go in and get her.

I hope you take a look at her page, cause you'll be getting new pictures very soon!!!

And oh, Misty says hello and thank you to all who helped!

Well folks if you thought the saga of Miss Tennessee was horrid, I have been given permission by our President Connie to enlighten you on the horrible fate of some of our horses we have rescued.

Better sit down for this and get the vomit bag ready:

Someone was breeding horses for roasting purposes. Yes you heard it right. Roasting parties. To roast them on the spit. Can't say where, when or who but the bottom line is we have them now safely in our custody. NOTE: We have nothing to do with the legalities involved, and trust they are being dealt with accordingly; we just have the horses out of there which is our job. These little ones have not been handled or fed and are being evaluated physically and mentally. Who knows what the heck they saw and have experienced. Oh if they could only speak to us. They will have to remain in foster care for quite sometime until they settle down and learn the basics, especially trust.

We have another little colt turned over to us for his own safety because he watched his own mother be torn to death by pit bulls, and the owner didn't want it to happen to him.

There are others but these are the top cases I wanted to bring to your attention to again let you know what your dollars are doing.

For those that haven't donated yet, please know that any money you send us at all is going directly to the saving of these poor animals and more yet to come.

OUR 2008 THANKSGIVING PRESENTATION

They cared. Do you?

Much Love to All and Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Someone was breeding horses for roasting purposes. Yes you heard it right. Roasting parties. To roast them on the spit.

OMG That is horrible! Makes you wonder what's happening to those minis that sell cheaply at auctions. Thank you CMHR for saving those poor horses.

Marty and Connie thank you. That is a story that needed to be told. When the board was notified action was taken to obtain the pony's, however, the idea of what these horses

had to endure at the hands of that person I can't even get my mind around it. The horror of what these pony's went thru is unbelievable and unimaginable..

For the new people on this form and those that don't know. I have had the question raised why we are selling these items that Frankie is going to put up in the giving of thanks. These are not being sold they are prizes in the challange. All the prizes have been donated by various people that help us. We gratefully thank all of them.

Carolyn, aka "Frankie" has done this every year for the last 4 years and this is the 5Th year. CMHR would like to thank Carolyn and let her know how much we appreciate all her work in doing this "Giving of Thanks"! You are the best!!

Please read Marty's post above, of the plight of the pony's that came into the rescue.

No, really. This was done by a person I share this planet with? Wow,,,just wow.

CMHR,,,thank you so much, better for them would of never had happened if you hadn't stepped in.

I need no thanks, all I do is talk and hope someone listens and responds. YOU do all the hard work and there are many a horse out there that are extremely, extremely grateful this Thanksgiving Season.

People need to stop being stupid, or I'll always need a bigger barn. Geezzzeee!

We just want $3!! Really, just $3!!!

GOOD MORNING members! Here's wishing you a wonderful day filled with exciting horsey moments!
default_smile.png

We still have several prizes to come for those who donate, one BIG one will be listed later tonight, so make sure you check back this evening!!

It should be fun, and at the end, one very happy person!

Or, paypal is open 24/7, or so I hear.
default_smile.png

MISS JULIE !! Im sure Frankie will tell you there is no such thing as a "TEENY DONATION" Im pretty darn sure there is no one that could possibly take on 6,7,8, or more rescue horses and give them everything they need by themselves....most people do not have that kind of money. But together, all of us, as a group, by donating 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, what ever we can afford...we can make a difference in the lives of these little ones. DO NOT THINK OF ANY DONATION AS TEENY!! It ALL helps!

O.K. Im done!!

Just sent mine for each of my sweet babies I am blessed to enjoy life with - I'm so thankful they are safe and happy with me and not out there suffering like so many others are. Thank you, CMHR, for all you do!

Latest posts

Back