Happy and Thankful to be a member of AMHA and AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
It seems as though in recent months, all we read about on this forum is what is wrong with AMHA and AMHR. They aren't doing this right or they aren't doing this right, or this was wrong and that has to change. While I can understand some of the frustration I think that it's time remember some of the good things and why we all like being members of these organizations.

Personally, I think both organizations are doing the best they can and believe that they DO have the best interest of the members in mind.

My positive for AMHA of which I am not currently a member is I think they have done a wonderful job in overseas promotion.

My positive for AMHR is that I love that the National show is a show with huge quality of horses and yet still something available to all members to go and particiapte in without being one of the big boys.

Positive about AMHR, I still don't have my Dec Journal but I called and they will mail me one today.

Positives for AMHA: HUGE focus on Amateurs
default_smile.png
Excellent overseas promotion
default_smile.png
Valid effort to make measuring at shows (at least the world show) more accurate and honest
default_smile.png

Positive for AMHR: B registry which a) allows people to be honest about their horses height and b) eliminates the "throw away factor" if god forbid the horse does go over 34"

AMHA: Promoting geldings. Prove to be true when they cut the hardship fee. And their prices are more gelding friendly. Prompt in getting their World mag. out.

AMHR: More available shows. Variety of classes that make it fun and enjoyable. More friendly on their prices.

AMHA - not a member yet

My positive for AMHR - generally very helpful over the phone, and explain things really well. My personal disappointment with AMHR today is just a blip on the radar, and IMO they rate as one of the top breed associations.

Thank you for this!

I haven't posted in months but have read here and there. Every time I log on there is some big drama going on about the organizations. It is nice to be optimistic and look towards the goods of each organization =)

AMHR: I feel like the shows are very friendly but still competitive. I have the most fun showing at these shows.

AMHA: They do a fantastic job with the MHW, I always look forward to reading it when I get it in the mail

I am positively thrilled that both my breeding stallions already have completed their show careers with great success in both registries.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems as though in recent months, all we read about on this forum is what is wrong with AMHA and AMHR. They aren't doing this right or they aren't doing this right, or this was wrong and that has to change. While I can understand some of the frustration I think that it's time remember some of the good things and why we all like being members of these organizations. Personally, I think both organizations are doing the best they can and believe that they DO have the best interest of the members in mind.
I just thought maybe everyone is bored & have the winter blues.

Cannot wait to get out and start clipping, showing, and having babies.

Just got back in from cleaning the barn, and my guys are enjoying the sun at +16

Nice to see a Positive post.

All my horses are registered AMHA / AMHR

If I have a problem I phone, they direct me to the right person and if they do not have

the answer, will find out and return my call.

No complaints here with AMHA / AMHR

Last edited by a moderator:
These positives are a breath of fresh air!

AMHA - The office staff has always been very helpful, friendly and cordial when I have needed help with registration, hardshipping, DNA and whatever. They are very hardworking people in that office who will try their best to help you the best they can. They have NEVER been short or grouchy with me.

AMHR - Shows are really, really friendly and fun.

I have to say I have always gotten a fast response at ASPC/AMHR and I am very lucky to be surrounded by shows for ASPC/AMHR

I have to give the office staff of BOTH organizations (AMHA and AMHR) a huge
default_thumbup.gif
!!! They have always been very courteous and helpful whenever I have called them with questions or requests, so THANK YOU to the office staff of both AMHA and AMHR!
default_worshippy.gif

I have always found the office staff of both registries very friendly and helpful.
default_smile.png

AMHR has turned my paperwork round in a very quick manner. I sent it for permanent papers on 3 horses in 2008 and had them back within 10 days. I registered a colt in 2008 and had his papers back quickly, along with transfers. I am really impressed how quick they turn my paperwork around.

AMHA staff has always been pleasant to deal with on the phone and very helpful.

I have alot more dealings with AMHR then AMHA, but am thankful for the great job the office staff does in both registries.

Jen

With AMHA I was impressed with their prompt response to transferring registrations when I bought new horses...the office staff was very helpful during my hardshipping registration of Sahara, though the process was EXCRUCIATINGLY LONG!!!!
default_wacko.png
It did finally go through!!!!
default_saludando.gif
YIPPEE
default_biggrin.png

Also AMHR is very prompt about registration transfers
default_yes.gif
and their fees are very reasonable!
default_aktion033.gif

I have always called when I was not sure of something and both registries had no problem helping explain things to me. I know with the increases in fees and such just makes me more mindful to be responsible and do my paperwork on time. Not their fault that they charge late fees when I get lazy and forget
default_wink.png

I'm proud to be a member of both organizations! Have always had good and helpful responses from AMHA and AMHR. And questions answered from area representatives!

Thank you for posting this contribution.

I have to add that I don't care about C.A.R.E! They don't speak for me and I don't feel they speak for the majority of AMHA members. I can talk with the directors myself, and any other members. When AMHA or AMHR have a problem.........they have bylaws and procedures to follow, and that's what makes a professional organization.

I have been a member of AMHR [haven't renewed my AMHA yet] and just about all my horses are double registered and I have an ASPC gelding. Been a member for a very long time and yes the positives do outweigh the negatives and I do love AMHR I have made many many friends over the years . However we should always be working to make what is best even better. Hiding your head in the sand and ignoring the problems will not make them go away. Working together to make them better will. Linda

Latest posts

Back