Happy and Thankful to be a member of AMHA and AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my family, doesn't mean I have to like everything they do.
default_wink.png
But this is suppose to be a positive thread.

I've got nothing but love for the girls in either office. I've never been treated with anything but respect and all have a good sense of humor, or at least my distorted version of it.
default_laugh.png

AMHR has plenty of shows around me and Nationals is just a blast. AMHA I'm learning is very much PRO-Armature and I find programs like AOTE / Armature Futurities extremely enticing.

I haven't been to a AMHA show in ages, but I LOVE their mag I get every month and all my horses but one are double registered. I WISH there were more AMHA shows around here. There have 1 when I will be out of town near me sad to say, but I'm glad their having it for others.

AMHR, I couldn't live without them. I'm thankful they have the shows around me. I love the staff when you call they're super helpful and always willing to help you. Sometimes I ask some really weird questions cause heck, I DON'T know..... But they're patient with me and explain. I USUALLY over pay them and they're kind about it and refund me. I've never ever had a problem with them and they do a great job of putting on Nationals. Last year was my first time and it was awesome. Oh I went to the AMHR Convention this year in Branson and it was my first time too and it was great. I was really impressed. Good post, thanks, TJ

Last edited:
On the positive side -

AMHA has terrific amateur and gelding programs, a beautiful drool worthy magazine, and staff has always been readily available and helpful when I've needed anything.

AMHR also has staff that is helpful. Shows are more affordable, and Nationals is something we always look forward to!

Jan

Matt, what a great idea.

As you know, Makayla started up a nonprofit organization called “Ribbons for Linda”. Since Linda had several horses that were multiple National champions Makayla felt that the Journal would be a great platform to get the word out about the benefit show she and some good friends were putting on. When Makayla contacted Amy at the Journal to give her a press release about the upcoming benefit show she found out not only did she miss the deadline for the August/Sept 08’ Journal (the show was being held in Sept) but also the fact that because the show was not a sanctioned event for AMHR and was being held during the same time as AMHR Nationals there really was no place for it in the publication. Amy knowing how important this was to Makayla wrote her back and said she would help to find a creative way to include the information. Amy felt the best spin was to promote how an AMHR youth member was helping another member. She not only put an article in “Bits & Pieces” and “Industry News” but she wrote a very nice article about Makayla including information about the show and ways to contribute to “Ribbons for Linda”. (See below)

The Journals most recent issue unexpectedly had an update about “Ribbons for Linda”. Makayla did not submit this latest information. They had to have taken the time to go on her website to get the information.

Sometimes it is the “little things” in life that people do that mean the most. Makayla and I really appreciate their effort in trying to help with this very important cause.

Sue

Journalarticle.jpg

What I love most about AMHA is AOTE. Its one of the best ammy programs, now being divided up in Levels I think it will really help out the newer people. Its hard to compete against all those tough ammies! So I think the A does a great job at promoting their amateurs. The futurity AOTE, can pay for you trip if you are lucky. The staff in the office is totally awesome! Always helpful, same with AMHR never had a problem with the staff.

Many years ago we started with AMHR horses and were just kind of coasting along loving and breeding a few miniature horses, while we were doing our cutting and roping activities. Then Cindy decided to get serious about the miniatures and we went to the National and World show that year. Shortly there after we bought our first AMHA registered horse and started showing, attending meetings and basically getting involved. We have enjoyed our membership in both registries all the more during that time.
default_new_shocked.gif

We learned, met the folks in both offices, a lot of the members, trainers and have become more active every year.
default_wacko.png

The thing that sticks out to me are the people involved, they are all unique and the best part is they are horse people. Which is to say the salt of the earth type folks.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_worshippy.gif

I appreciate the registries and all the people we have met thru them, some only on the web, but many in person.
default_wink.png

So to sum it up we at Cherryville Farms appreciate both registries and the folks in them. You are the best and most enjoyable group of equine people there are in the USA. Without the registries doing all they do, we would not have been able to be part of this wonderful industry.
default_risa8.gif

Thanks to the registries and to all of you members!!!!!
default_wub.png
:love
default_worshippy.gif

VERY VERY Proud & Happy Member of AMHR & ASPC & AMHA
default_thumbup.gif

Thank You for ALL you do
default_saludando.gif

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures & Shetlands

l've always been happy with the AMHA even when they've been bashed around the block l stayed true...AMHR is also fine though l haven't done much with them..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not and never have been a member of AMHA, although I do have quite a few double registered AMHA/AMHR horses, so I can't comment really on that organization other than that they are not well organized in Ontario.

The AMHR on the other hand is a great organization on a whole. They have gone out of their way to help promote breeding and showing Miniature Horses in Canada in several ways - by recognizing our geographic isolation with its shorter show season and fewer shows, allowing us to qualify a little differently and rewarding our Canadian National Champions.

When I contacted them regarding publicity for the registry in Canada and suggested several publications that would be good spots to advertise they were right on it and budgeted us in for the following year placing some wonderful AMHR/ASPC spots in several of the publications suggested. They also allow us extra acknowlegement with our North of the Border column in the Journal. I wholeheartedly applaud them for all of that!

I also want to say that any time I have contacted the office with any concerns or questions they have promptly and politely dealt with them.

While I don't necessarily agree with every little thing that goes on, I think we do have a strong and well run organization.

Latest posts

Back