Had a very nice show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
I love this show series that I go to. There is friendly competition yet still some good competition, and most everyone is very supportive and happy for everyone. It is a breath of fresh air from the sometimes tough rated shows.

As some of you know I had a rough start to the year and I showed my first two shows with fat, and untrained horses. Well, I worked my buns off and Zeus and Chantilly are now back in shape. Chantilly remembers everything she learned and well, Zeus can still use more work but he is still young and hot.

So yesterday was a Colonial Miniature Horse Club show and I brought the two of them.

First was open showmanship, youth showmanship, and the championship for showmanship.

Chantilly was fidgety in open but calmed down in youth. I took firsts in both the classes and the championship!

Then were the halter classes. Zeus was first in his open junior geldings class. He took a first! Then was Chantilly in her mares class. First place as well! Then Zeus went back in for his youth halter class and took the first for that, and same with Chantilly in her youth class.

Then came the championship classes and it was seriously an in an out. I had to switch horses after each class for the next class. My horses took both of their championships for each class!

In Zeus's open championship class he flipped because he got the chain stuck in his mouth. He landed on his back and I was afraid he really hurt himself. But this morning he was fine, thank god. Maybe he learned a lesson. But I had to show him dirty in his multicolor class and I didn't place but that was fine by me!

I also took Zeus in the obstacle class for hoots. He was hilarious because the bridge and tarp were going to eat him, so I just did it for fun and for the entertainment of onlookers. Chantilly also did this class and placed second.

In her youth division (B) There was only one other youth so she got second in jumping, versatility, driving hack, and handiness, but did get a first in reinsmanship with me.

There was a very nice turnout at this show. About 8 horses in my A youth classes. I am very proud of my horses and have one more of these shows before... NATIONALS!!!

Thanks for letting me share

Congratulations Jess!! Sorry that we can't make it to the Colonial Shows this year. They are a lot of fun and everyone is so friendly! Maybe next year - and then Princess will be 4 and can enter driving!

And good luck at Nationals!

Mary

Sorry Lizzie and I missed the show. I had to get hay in and Lizzie went away to the NECBL All Star game. We won't make the last one either due to camping that weekend.

I'm so glad you had a good time Jess, and if you ever go to a show in PA or DE or MD let me know and we could meet up or something!

Jess, Glad you had a great time. I wasn't able to attend, had to get that hay in for the winter. Don't think I'll be at the last show with a horse either. Have fun and enjoy your horses.

Congratulations Jess! It's so nice to have a supportive environment to show in...and having competition with it is a plus!!

Thanks guys!

It definitely was fun and im excited for the next show.

Karen and Diana,

Sorry you guys couldnt make it! You were missed!

:aktion033: Congratulations Jess seems like you had a great show! :aktion033:

Hope to see you at a show sometime!

Bonnie

Latest posts

Back