guessing game...ended. WE HAVE A FILLY..PICS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since my guess was filly............my name choice is "Georgie Girl". (My legal name is Georgine)

And , our farm name theme is mostly song titles
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

We are just glad you had a successful delivery and offer our many congratulations. Very exciting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new baby, cant wait to see pics!

Its raining a flood right now....im gonna go sneak out shortly and get pics...i went out last night after she dried off,and she looks kimda silver....ill post pics asap

Well,here she is, she has dried off to a sterling silver on her legs,belly,and muzzle..i have no clue what to call her color.mom and baby are fine,the filly is at least 24 inches..legs....

Sire is fishers painted charly mane

Dam is tvf's made in america

IMG_20120309_084212.jpg

IMG_20120309_084144.jpg

Congratulations , very pretty filly, nice little blaze and I love the tip of white on her tail.
default_firstprize.gif

She is nurseing great..however,i am watching mom...she keeps laying down,will get up to nurse the filly,then lay back down..i am hoping she is just,tired and not trying to colic on me...

Did you give mum some banamine/flunixin after the birth? Sounds like she's "crampy" and trying to get things rearranged.

We always give powdered banamine after every birth, for their pain. We also give a bit of oxytocin.

She is a black pinto
default_yes.gif

A combo of both names is Painted In America

Congrats!

Thanks everyone on the compliments...mom is up and was eating hay,and she pooped also..im so glad mom is a seasoned pro...her lil one is running around the stall and bucking,having a ball..i believe I will leave them stalled for a few days,to give them both time to adjust...i believe this lil girl was late,as she is tall for a mini baby..24 inches,mostly legs..most foals I have seen walk sorta on their pasterns for a day or so,this girl is up on her feet and gone!! Oh I am so relieved at an uncomplicated birth

Cute and yes, she is black, not silver! They are SO fun to watch them take in their new world and learn to use their legs, etc....

Back