Well,i guess Jewel is due now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
She looks like an oopa loompa...im not joking....she foaled last march 8th,and the breeder I bought her from said she was bred possibly on her foal heat...her belly,has dropped,but no udder yet....i feel so bad for her she cant hardly bend in the middle,she is so big...she is staying off to herself a bit,but I sure did expect her to bag up being,this far along...i will try to post a pic....

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a pretty girl and very obviously in foal, but I agree that she has a little way to go yet. Most mares start to bag up 4 weeks before foaling so this will give you an approximate idea of when to start watching carefully. Will you be stabling her nights and putting a camera on her? (just hoping we might be able to watch/help you with the night watching)

I wont be stallinb...sorry.i am finishing,the barn in the backgroumd this weekend.i use to stall up my mares,but I noticed that when I did,the mares were so comfortable,they delivered,and didnt bother,to,stand up.i have lost 2 foals due to them suffocating,i was not there in,delivery..i have started leaving my mares out...they deliver and immediately,stand up to "defend" their foal,hence,the sac breaks,amd the foal lives..i have done this for 6 years now,and havent lost a foal..they have a shelter with bedding...most deliver in them,but some choose to foal close to the feed area.i have noticed that if I feed my horses on routine,they deliver right before I make my rounds....lol,,i have no clue how to do the camera thing......

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like an oopa loompa...im not joking....she foaled last march 8th,and the breeder I bought her from said she was bred possibly on her foal heat...her belly,has dropped,but no udder yet....i feel so bad for her she cant hardly bend in the middle,she is so big...she is staying off to herself a bit,but I sure did expect her to bag up being,this far along...i will try to post a pic....

Interesting. My mare foaled on March 7 and was bred on foal heat and her new foal for this year just turned 3 weeks old today. I would say mine was early and yours is on time or mine was on time and yours is late. Mother nature knows.

Latest posts

Back