guessing game...ended. WE HAVE A FILLY..PICS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
Ok,im going nuts,i have been watching jewel (tvfs made in america) like a hawk,she is miserable,and im.so excited...her last foal was born march 8th last year,and I bought her bred..she was with the stallion the whole time.she is bagged up,her belly has dropped...she is 36 inches tall.bred to a 32 inch black tobiano..whos the first to guess when she is due?

IMG_20120307_172156.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_risa_suelos.gif
Ok, I will do Jethro math.... my mare foaled last year on March 7 (today happpy birthday Lil Newt
default_thumbup.gif
). Mare was bred back on heat cycle March 17. 2012 foal (Breezy, filly) was foaled 27 Jan at 316 days. Your foal could have been due end of January if early. I will give her sometime between now and 12 March since I am not looking at pictures of her bag I will lean on the side of caution. Happy foaling. Test that milk!

Well,no baby yet...jewel is staying by herself a lot today,her bellt looks lumpy under there...im playing spy..lol

Shes waxing !!!!! I just looked!!!!! Pray for a safe delivery please!!!

I was going to guess March 18th, our 51st wedding anniversary
default_yes.gif
but now, hearing the latest....March 11th for Nixons HIll

Lol....im still watching...this will be my first mini foal..we had big horses and they are so differemt,at foaling.most of our horses would loosen up around the tail,their ligs would get soft,jewel is not...most of ours waxed shortly before foaling,but I have read online it can be 3 weeks before....mine sure never did that....i will be back ! Barn call....

Genies right...Its a girl!!!! Yesssss!!! I could not get a good pic,it was so dark...i just had come back in from the barn,i was putting my son to bed,then heard a ruckus...and ran outside,one of my other mares was trying to kill the filly...mom was trying to protect her...we got them both into a stall,thankfully unhurt.that delivery was within 15 minutes!!

The filly is gorgeous..black with rear stockings...front socks..blaze..and a stripe across her withers..i WILL get pics tomorrow..i am going out in a few to make sure she is nursing...mom is very protective even towards me....yay!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok , since I guess sometime between yesterday and March 12 do I get a prize????

And more importantly, what do we have foalwise??
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Congrats!!! I was going to guess March 8 because if she was bred on the heat AFTER her foal heat, she would likely foal close to the same date the next year. Can't wait to see photos.

Ok , since I guess sometime between yesterday and March 12 do I get a prize????

And more importantly, what do we have foalwise??
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Typical me...day late and dollar short. Congrats on your filly. Be careful with protective mom. Three years ago I had one born in the field and mom was trying to ward off nosey aunts while I carried the foal to the barn...I got a nasty kick and it ended up in a terrible edema. Looking forward to pix.

Thanks everyone!! It blows my mind she foaled on the exact day last year....here is the fillies sire..i did expect more color,but hey,shes healthy...thats what counts!!!she is having a hard time nursing though,i hope she catches on!!ok everyone, After I post a pic...im gonna need names
default_smile.png

mi1_866.jpeg

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do I win because she's a filly
default_please.gif
Can't wait to see the pictures
default_yes.gif
I am really happy that she has arrived and she's safe! Many congrats!

Latest posts

Back