Grants Pass Auction Minis - Katya - colt born June 22

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to say the same thing Diane - great picture - plus a possible pregnant tummy in my opinion!

I love seeing horse's laying down and feeling safe. I especially love the smile on Bridie in that picture. She's so cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, just saw your post here... I had thought about buying Katyanna years ago and didnt. I am glad she is in a good home now. Hope the 2 yr old is not bred- she could use another year to grow up and get some good nutrition.

I have the pad in place, but waiting for a mare to pee must be a lot like waiting for water to boil.
default_laugh.png
They were surprisingly cooperative with the application considering the sound of the tape and that I was essentially taping their cheeks together, lol. If everything goes smoothly, I should have results later.

If you can get straw, just put down a straw bed and put her on it. She will pee. If you have a bucket handy you will get enough to fill it in a moment. If you need to be a bit more creative, I have seen people get some good results with a bamboo pole with a soup ladle taped to it!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

Results are in! Bridie is not pregnant. Katya is pregnant. Last possible breeding date is September 14th.

I am so glad that the little one won't have a foal this year. She is so young. Can't wait to see the new baby though.

I agree with everyone above.... Let that poor little girl grow a bit more first but woohoooo at least one new foal on the way .. congratulations...xx

Great news - cant wait to see Katya's baby later this summer! Congratulations!
default_yes.gif

Hi. I'm Katya's mother, along with my sister. We shared her purchase pric.e I'm so excited about Katya being pregnant. She's had at least 6 registered foals during her 17 years and I'm sure they were gorgeous. She's an appy with a beautiful solid body and stunning face. My niece (Crystallos) takes care of all the horses (bless her tremendously!) and I visit almost every day, so Katya and I are building a rapport (carrots help a lot). She's got mature ground manners and is very calm, although she doesn't like us touching her hind end. That will change over time. I've been keeping up with this thread, and I'm glad to finally be able to post myself.

16Jan2013.JPG

Hi Evelyn - welcome to the Nutty Nursery, glad to have you here with us.

You have two very sweet mares there, you must be thrilled to find that Katya is in foal - very exciting! Also there is the good news that little Bridie is not in foal, she needs more time to grow and mature, bless her.

Please feel free to join in with the other threads here and to get to know us while we are waiting for Katya to produce her special baby.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on the good news..both pretty mares are looking very happy
default_yes.gif

Here are a couple pictures for you ladies to consider. We don't know her breeding date, but the last possible date is September 14th. Using that date, day 300 would be July 11 and day 340 would be August 20. She could be due anytime until then. She has had six registered foals, possibly more that were not registered. Does anyone have a guess as to when she's due?

1-17-2013 side.JPG

1-17-2013 udder.JPG

I can add a hooha pic if someone is interested. Not anything special yet, but very spotty.
default_smile.png

I'll try to get different pictures for you in the morning. What angles would you like to see? She's not the most cooperative about her hind end, but I can give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if she had a foal in 2012? If so, do you know when? If not, do you know when her last foal was? Mostly curious, but sometimes it helps figure out timing.

Her last registered foal was in 2011. Since she came from a neglect seizure, we don't have a lot of information as to when she was bred, who she was bred to or if she had a foal last year.

Do you know when her 2011 foal was born? Just kind of working backwords, which doesn't always work to help figure things out.

Latest posts

Back