Grants Pass Auction Minis - Katya - colt born June 22

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Renee, but also judging by the 'today' picture she has a little while to go yet? Sorry, I forgot, but do we have possible due dates for her?

Any chance of a picture of her udder and hooha so we can see progress?

yes Anna I agree, she could have at least another month to go, hooha and udder pics would help
default_yes.gif

Oh, OK. We'll crawl around under her again. (sigh)
default_biggrin.png

Anna, she was an auction horse purchased when 170+ minis were seized from a hoarder. She could have been bred any time up to mid-Sept.

By the way, the bath day picture was taken the day before the belly-full picture. I think she was kinda stressed about bathing and sucked baby up!

Well, I didn't get to crawl around today, because Katya took off as soon as she saw me! I should think of something else when I'm walking toward her, eh?

What I did get is a lovely balloon:

Balloon 3May2013.jpg

Yeah. I guess she's pregnant!

We're having the farrier in tomorrow morning, so we'll take pictures of privates then.

That is a lovely picture of her! And yes, certainly pregnant.
default_yes.gif

I do remember about her past now - just get a bit muddled most days with all the girls on here now - I put it down to failing little grey cells due to advancing years!! LOL!!

Don't I know!
default_yes.gif

I'm ok with another month or so, as long as that is what is indicated. She's certainly got the mood swings down! One day, she's running across the enclosure as though a tiger's on her tail, and the next she's waddling like a duck. This whole process is taking the place of daytime television for me
default_laugh.png
. Oh, I don't have a TV. Oh, well, you get the idea . . .

There are so many babies dropping to the ground right now that it's exciting just to read the posts. You are a comfortable lot to spend time with every day!

Last edited by a moderator:
DEFINITELY PREGNANT! What a wonderful belly -- and she's looking so good these days! Much better condition!!

Can't wait for more pictures!!

We thank you for your kind words, and hope you will continue to join in the many, many threads we have going now! Lot's of babies on the ground, and lots more coming!!

Thanks for you kind words, we love this place and it is our escape from the mean world out there. Here we are just a bunch of friends enjoying our time whilst we wait on the miracle of life. We are very sincere when we say we love each and everyone of these mares like our own
default_yes.gif

Keep the pics coming even if it means you have to hide in the hedge cos madam is NOT in the mood, you could even dig a ditch and lay in waiting to get a down under shot
default_new_rofl.gif
o.k I had a little too much wine with dinner
default_472.gif

Looking good! I agree with everyone, this is a safe place to just share love of horses, and babies. It's great not dealing with snarky comments and judgements. And it's a great learning experience as well!

Ah, I'm liking that vision
default_cheers.gif
. I can't think of better things to take up my time! Katya and I will join you in a glass when she's more in the mood. She's usually so laid back and mature; I'll kinda be glad when she's there again, but also I treasure this time of impending . . . I don't want to say "doom", but I've had my quota of wine, too, so nothing else is coming into my head right now
default_yes.gif

Oh I agree, this is the best place to be! Dont get much time in the day to get here for long periods, but find it very useful for some longer stints in the middle of the night when I cant sleep (it's 4am here in the UK right now) much better than watching the world news repeat itself over and over again on the old BBC!! LOL!!

Renee, I remember us telling someone last year to get down in a ditch to get some good pics of her mare's udder! LOL!! Who was it??

Oh, ladies! If I got down in a ditch for a couple of pictures, I'd never get back up again
default_doh.gif

Anna, I'm so glad you choose to spend your time in the wee hours with us! I'm sure when I have to get up every 20 minutes, I'll be a little testy, but the early times of the morning seem like more time for myself just now. I'm newly retired, so sleeping in (7 am) is new and exciting for me.

Where the heck did the name Darmond Boogerman's Bravado come from???? It's such a combination of formal (Darmond) and common (Boogerman's) that it makes me stop and laugh every time I see it!

Our precious 'Dragon' is an American import (oooop's that sounds as though he's a commodity like a case of wine - now there's a thought!). He was bred by Christie Darmond and Darmond is her prefix, he is also by Lazy Ns Boogerman, a son of Rowdy (try a google look up!). Not sure where the Bravado came from, maybe he did something brave as a small foal?? His dam was I'm a GG's Cover Girl Too (so no bravado there!!

He really is a cute, loveable little tyke (28/29") but grows to around 17 hands during the stud season (or thinks he does!! LOL!!)

Napoleon complex, eh? Such a guy! I'm always amazed at the names people come up with for their registered horses.

Well, here I am again! Today was a hot windy Oregon day which started with farrier visits at several barns, since my horses are spread all over the Willamette Valley. Our farrier is wonderful with the minis, and trimmed 3 of them in short order. Katya had a hard time with the whole thing, because she is having trouble balancing her balloon
default_new_rofl.gif
. Poor baby. . . um, Mama.

Of course, someone stuck a camera under her while she was distracted:

4May2013 Hooha.jpg

4May2013 Milk bar.jpg

As you can see, LOTS of SPOTS but very little progress.

After the farrier finished a couple of other horses at another barn, she met me where I board my TB mare, to shoe her. What a trip that was! She was in season last week when I first took her there, so I thought she'd be a snap for the farrier this week. Wrong! Geldings all around her . . . should have known what was going on when she kept sliding her butt over to the *very* handsome morgan next to us. All of a sudden, she was fully ready and the poor farrier: "she just squirted me!". Wouldn't have her job! What fun. Lea gets kinda hot and bothered when she's in season, and forgets to listen. Shoulda given the farrier hazard pay
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Wine time here! Cats are staring holes in me 'cause it's feeding time. Life goes on.

No progress to report
default_whistling.gif
default_please.gif
default_whistling.gif

However, on another front: I've been going out to ride my TB mare every morning this week. Oh. That's all of 2 days.
default_blush.png
She's been as sweet as she can be, but since I slid off months ago and tapped my noggin, the barn owner said I had to wear a helmet while riding her until I have her total attention. Hate the helmet hate the helmet hate the . . .
default_frusty.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
So, I'm slowly building up to actually LEAVING the arena and going up a trail behind the barns. She's so barn sour and herd bound, it's not a bit funny. And when she gets stressed, she windsucks. I just got a new collar for her to eliminate that, since I really object to my horse getting high while I'm riding her! I mean, if she would just offer to share . . .

So there's progress there. At least I'm not standing around staring at Katya, waiting for some magical SIGN to appear!

By the way; I bathed her because she rolled in poop, right? Another poop patch on her, in the same place. At least she's consistent!

I gave up bathing her! She is ubermama right now, so the less I stress her, the better we all are. She comes up to me for head rubs and (maybe) goodies in my pocket, so I act as though I have a right to touch her, and slide my hand under her for a feel of her milk bar, which hasn't changed a lick. Bless her heart, I think this whole thing is going to go on indefinitely. Wait . . . trying to be positive, here. Her herd-mates are dropping babies as we speak, although we have no idea when she was bred, so we don't know when the event will happen. Thankfully, we have all of you as a reference, with pictures and warnings and so forth. I'm so GLAD that you're here! We're still reading, absorbing, watching . . . I'd post more pictures, but I swear there's no change!!!!

That's okay. Just post some new pictures and we'll look for the comparisons, and hopefully give you some positive news.

Latest posts

Back