Government Funded Student Loans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ick I so hate posting from my phone and auto correct

My son needs a student loan to get into college, back when I was young it was simple. Now... it is incredibly complicated, just about need a lawyer to figure everything out.

OMG! I had no idea that a convict could get a college education using my tax paid in money. I had to save for years for my kids, and even had to borrow from relatives to help during the Reagan recession, which just about put us under. This is outragious! Hubby served in Viet Nam and was drafted straight from High School, when he got out he could receive a low interest loan, but opted for trade school instead, but I refuse to pay for criminals to get an education. Who do I contact in my state? My congressperson?

OMG! I had no idea that a convict could get a college education using my tax paid in money. I had to save for years for my kids, and even had to borrow from relatives to help during the Reagan recession, which just about put us under. This is outragious! Hubby served in Viet Nam and was drafted straight from High School, when he got out he could receive a low interest loan, but opted for trade school instead, but I refuse to pay for criminals to get an education. Who do I contact in my state? My congressperson?
And if you are an illegal mexican, they too get a free ride for College. Is disgusting.

Folks like you and I, our families are good citizens, pay taxes and so on, we struggle to even get into college but people that break the law, get it for free. Not Kosher.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I watch my kids struggle to pay their student loans stuff like the California Dream Act about sends me through the roof. Unbelieveable to me! I wrote about this last year when it was enacted but for those who haven't heard of it here is a link

http://articles.lati...am-act-20111009

Small excerpt:

The new law also makes students who are not legally in the country eligible for institutional grants while attending the University of California and California State University systems. And it permits them to obtain fee waivers in the community college system.

As far as prisoners go I am conflicted on that. If one is going to get out and return to society we are better off having them get more education verses learning how to be a better criminal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back