While you were distracted......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People with TSP's and a ways from retirement... there is now an option where you may elect to have your contributions go into a ROTH account. I'd encourage people to look into it. You wouldn't get a tax deduction for what you put into the ROTH part, but when you take the money out, it comes out tax free and it grows tax free while in the ROTH part of the TSP.

I do not know if there are income phase outs for ROTH contributions within a TSP as there are when it comes to IRA's. I'd love to be able to contribute to a ROTH but cannot. This may be a way for people who are otherwise inelligle for a ROTH to have one.

If you think about it, when it comes to traditional TSP's, 403b's, 401k's and (traditional) IRA's, how much of it do you really own? Probably only about 2/3 by the time you pay income taxes... the bigger you grow the "pot" the bigger you grow your income tax liability. It's really a GREAT deal for Uncle Sam. ... Do the math and compare the tax deduction you get now to the income tax you will pay later.

While I am not making a blanket recommendation to pursue the ROTH option, I am encouraging people in that position to look into it and gain an understanding of what it could mean to them.
default_yes.gif
wonderful information and bang on. For those of us in Canada with RRSPs that took a kick big time during the downturn, it's basically the same. Take a look at other venues to put your money into. As Jill said, when you come to take that money out you will be taxed at a higher rate (yes you aren't paying tax on it now, but....).

Great post Jill!

Ok, maybe some might think that Ann, whom Carriage believes is giving good advise, is over the top. That being said, I did see Ann's article on several articles today. Whether you think it alarmist, fear mongering, extremist, or just want to disagree and say you think the dollar will not totally devaluate is up to you. I hold people's opinions to be just that...opinions, regardless of whether or not I think they are right, wrong, or just plain kooky.

I remember when I used to go with one of my grandad's to do his banking. I think the amount the FDIC would insure back then was $75,000 per so he had money in different banks in different towns. Now I am reading where people are emptying there bank accounts by doing it with several withdrawals and actually buying gold that they can hide.

I do have to take into account though, that one day all the money that my grandparents and parents worked for could be useless. Both sets of my grandparents worked hard, spent little, invested wisely and passed those values down to my parents. My mom was very skilled in accounting and investing and managed the grandparents money well before and after their deaths. My mom passed away 3 years ago and my dad now depends on my brother to manage his financial affairs. My brother started making money at 8 years old and has not slowed down even though he is now in his sixties. Only once has he came close to telling me how much "we" have I was going
default_mlala.gif
because there is just so much that could happen to change all that. I am very comfortable managing what little I have now and letting my brother tend to what I don't totally know about. It is articles that I am personally finding while researching that are getting my attention.

http://occupycorporatism.com/mega-banks-plan-for-collapse-with-contingency-plans-and-private-police-force/

I admit that the stories I am researching about "globalists" are starting to really concern me. You may or may not find this interesting.

Barbara,

I guess if I ever get around to calling you to discuss Ecuador this is just one more topic we can discuss. It is a good thing I have unlimited long distance calling because I am going to make the call eventually. I encourage you to do homework on financial collapse. While I cannot say if one world currency will happen during our lifetime, I believe it will happen eventually, based on prophecy. Here is a start: do a search keywording libor and fico. A multitude of articles could come up that will make you go hmmmmmmmm. Dig deeper and try a search with Iclei. You will get all sorts of rabbit trails to wonder down. Happy hopping sweet lady.
Vickie,

I would LOVE to have a chance to talk with you. I have done some "light skimming" on financial collapse. It is scary!

So, until you call, I will leave with you with link to the video I recently uploaded of our trip - I hope you enjoy!

Barbara

I finally made the time to watch the video, Barbara. That was better than a hallelujah!

Thanks Vickie! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

We are headed back next summer if you want to join us!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, maybe some might think that Ann, whom Carriage believes is giving good advise, is over the top. That being said, I did see Ann's article on several articles today..

Well Miss Vickie, we don't really know as nobody addressed the topic broached. They just attacked her. As previously discussed, this is a "tell" for the attendant. Because they don't like or agree with her other views they dismiss everything said, and that is short sighted. This behavior was discussed at length previously as a way for one to determine the veracity of any information and the honesty of the individual dispensing said information. The response you saw Miss Vickie, is classic and textbook. Rather than objectively determine truthfulness of a story and discuss that, all manner of red herring and attack is brought to bear. If you remember the signs put on display for you here and apply that knowledge in observance of like things going forward, you will save yourself much time in trying to determine truthfulness. Also the other point of the posting needs to be considered as well. Do not allow yourself to be distracted with the Chick-Fil-A type of purposeful distraction as it WILL keep you from the truth and then you become a marionette dancing to somebody elses dance.

People at Liberty do their own dance and direct their own lives and passions. The gaining or maintainance of Liberty is hard work and many would prevent you from becoming free. Most often slaves hate Liberty and don't even know what it truly means.

Ann most certainly isn't a lone voice, just one of the more vocal and she doesn't pull any punches. She tells it like it is and was. She was immediately attacked when she revealed the truth about MF Global and the super thief Jon Corzine and sounded the alert for "investors" in the markets.

I am very comfortable managing what little I have now and letting my brother tend to what I don't totally know about. It is articles that I am personally finding while researching that are getting my attention.

http://occupycorpora...e-police-force/

I admit that the stories I am researching about "globalists" are starting to really concern me. You may or may not find this interesting.
Getting your attention was the entire point of posting. Keep researching and verifying things. Don't be spoonfed by anything or one. Do your own homework and decide for yourself. Also honest objectivity is a must! And be prepared to stand alone, marginalized and attacked. It just goes with the journey. In the end you are never alone are you?..... Also the attendant class is growing by leaps and bounds so you have many brothers and sisters traveling the same path.

In the end, you do what you can to prepare and then you leave those preps and all that you can't do in God's hands.

Bb

Yes Carriage. Will do.

America is still a young country. Only 405 years separate us from our ultimate origins at Jamestown, Virginia, while France and Britain are 1,000 years old, China 3,000, and Egypt 5,000. But what a 400 years it has been in the economic history of humankind!

ok, I started my homework...
default_rolleyes.gif

...economic history of humankind.

When the Susan Constant, Discovery, and GODspeed dropped anchor in the James River in the spring of 1607 most people made their living in agriculture and with the power of their own muscles. Life expectancy then was much shorter than today. Epidemics routinely swept through cities, carrying off old and young alike by the thousands. History tends to dwell on a small percent of the population at the top of the heap, but the vast mass had a hard row to hoe.

Today we live in a world far beyond the imagination of those who were alive in 1607. The poorest family in America today enjoys a standard of living that would have been considered opulent 400 years ago. And for the most of this time it was the United States that was leading the world into the future. That is into the future both economically and politically.

Banks Can Legally Steal Customer Funds From Private Checking Accounts

By Susanne Posel

theintelhub.com

August 20, 2012

In 2007, the Sentinel Management Group (SMG) collapsed, leaving many customer segregated funds lost after they had been used as collateral. After a plethora of lawsuits and creditor claims, a decision earlier this month in the 7th Circuit Court placed the banking cartels ahead of customer claims for funds returned.

Essentially, the Bank of New York Mellon (BNYM) sued to be first in line for return on stolen customer account monies – and won the right by the US court system.

In the mainstream media (MSM), the SMG collapse and subsequent ruling in favor of BNYM was touted as a difficulty “for customers to recoup money lost”.

SMG, a Chicago-based futures broker, had stolen more than $500 million in segregated customer funds to use as collateral on a loan to BNYM for in-house proprietary trading operations.

Their books were audited by the National Futures Association (NFA), however the NFA admitted that they could not understand the convoluted mess they were provided by SMG to sign off on. And yet they did; and approved the audit.

BNYM sued SMG to re-coup any monies owed to them. However, these monies were customer segregated funds that SMG stole and re-hypothecated.

In federal court, John D. Tinder, US Circuit Court Judge ruled “that Sentinel failed to keep client funds properly segregated is not, on its own, sufficient to rule as a matter of law that Sentinel acted ‘with actual intent to hinder, delay, or defraud’ its customers.”

This means that once a banking customer deposits their money into an account with a bank, the funds become property of the bank. The customer, at the point of deposit, relinquishes all rights to that money regardless of any laws in place, legal assurances, claims or guarantees; and this extends from investments to private checking accounts.

Once the bank has physical possession of your money, they own it and can use it for any means they deem fit. The veil has been lifted on separation of customer and bank funds. They are now legally co-mingled.

The bank could use it as collateral (as SMG did), to pay off debts, or place it on the stock market to bump up their trading with extra cash. And in the event that the customer allocated funds are lost, the bank does not owe the customer the money back.

Essentially, once you deposit money in your bank account it is gone.

Fred Grede, SMG trustee remarked: “I don’t think that’s what the Commodity Futures Trading Commission had in mind. It does not bode well for the protection of customer funds.”

The MF Global (MFG) scandal rocked the investment world because Jon Corzine, chief executive officer of MF Global, instructed the transfer of $200 million from their customer segregated funds to cover the corporation’s overdraft account with JP Morgan Chase.

Corzine emailed this order just three days before the official collapse of MFG. At the same time Corzine was moving customer money, this missing $6.3 billion dollars were used on bets on European indebted nations. As those European nation’s credit ratings plummeted, JP Morgan profited financially.

Our financial institutions have been planning for a financial collapse wherein the US government will not offer assistance. The resolution plans required by the Federal Reserve Bank, described schemes to have the major domestic banks remain afloat by selling off assets, finding alternative sources of funding, reducing risky measures that make a quick buck.

These strategies were to be perfected with “no assumption of extraordinary support from the public sector.”

By selling “non-core assets” without upsetting shareholders while protecting the monetary system, taxpayers and creditors is the work of the mega-banks who have contributed solely to the destruction of the global financial markets. Bank of America (BoA) and Citibank have already begun to liquidate some of their assets – an action a bank takes when they are insolvent.

Both mega-banks and credit unions have been silently altering their deposit/withdrawal policies to deter customers from emptying out their accounts.

Because the digital record of monies is greater than the physical cash held by banks, this is a scheme to stave off a “run on the banks”.

With the Patriot Act , signed in 2001 by former President George W. Bush, and extended in 2011 by President Obama states that all banks must record all banking transactions with photo ID and fingerprints that will then be sent to an FBI database wherein all banking information tied to each individual on file can be traced for future reference.

Of recent, when withdrawing cash from an ATM, the daily allotted amount has decreased with some banks, thereby forcing the customer to go into the branch and extract the difference with a teller.

At this point, according to anonymous informants, the customer is taken into a backroom to be questioned as to why they want the cash, what they are purchasing with the cash, why they are not choosing to use a debit card or another form of digital trade to make the purchase. These questions are not only intrusive, they are illegal.

Some anonymous sources have said that banking representatives who conduct the integrations are directed to keep a record of customer responses on an online application that will be sent to the FBI in conjunction with Patriot Act mandates on tracking banking activity.

While American citizens sit on the fence about whether or not they even subscribe to a banking collapse in the US, globalists like George Soros are investing heavily in gold.

Soros recently “unloaded over one million shares of stock in financial companies and banks that include Citigroup (420,000 shares), JP Morgan (701,400 shares) and Goldman Sachs (120,000 shares). The total value of the stock sales amounts to nearly $50 million” and then purchased 884,000 shares of Gold with SPDR Gold Trust.

The mega-banks, through Wall Street, are also acquiring firearms, ammunition and control over private mercenary corporations like DynCorp and ‘Blackwater” as authorized by the Department of Defense (DoD) directive 3025.18 .

DynCorp is a military-based private mercenary contractor that provides (among other services) intelligence training and support, international security, contingency plans and operations. Ninety-six percent of their funding is based on annual revenues from the US federal government. The international branch of DynCorp has operated as a “police force” even assisting local law enforcement during Hurricane Katrina.

Named as investors for the amassing of gun and ammunition manufacturers are Citibank, BoA, Barclays and Deutsche Bank who are pouring money into Cerebus and Veritas Equity who have taken over private corporations involved in the controlling riot situations.

The Federal Reserve Bank, one of the heads of banking cartels, has their own police force which operates as a protective security for the Fed against the American public.

As part of the Federal Reserve Act signed in 1913, the designation of a Federal Law Enforcement – special police officers that are exclusively regulated by authority of the Fed (whether in uniform or plain clothes.

These specialized police officers (who train with Special Response Teams) can work in tandem with local law enforcement or US federal agencies. These officers are heavily armed with semi-automatic pistols, sub machine guns and assault rifles as well as body armor.

Just this month, the Kaspersky Lab discovered Gauss, a banking surveillance virus believed to have the capability of stealing money out of customer’s bank accounts, as well as spying on banking transactions, stealing login information for social networks, email and instant messaging.

So far, Middle Eastern banks have reported having been affected by Gauss – however both Citibank and Ebay’s Paypal have also been infected by this new viral threat to our banking systems.

It is clear that the financial collapse could be eminent. Banks are not only preparing with contingency plans, but also amassing a private police force for protection.

With the legalization of stealing from customer secured funds, combined with a possible banking virus that could provide the perfect cover for an all-in-one banking holiday, the stage is being set for utter financial destination.

Once all customer funds were electronically transferred into off-shore accounts, the specialized police forces and hired mercenaries would be allocated forward to protect the technocrats from retaliation for their crimes.

The banking holiday will not come with flashing neon signs. Our warnings are right in front of us, if we choose to see them.

While lip service is uttered re. "protection in the markets", it is only that and nothing more. Well unless you belong to the Corzine clan, then you will be protected from those whom you have stolen from. Yes, then the fedgov and the court "system" will protect you and especially if you share your stolen gain with them, which is an unwritten pre-requisite.....

Again unless you hold it in your hand, it isn't yours. This is ultimately why a large penalty is paid for withdrawing "retirement" funds.

If it were truly yours, a "penalty" (theft) would not exist.

In other words, Mafia

Sorry, Bbob, but I am not buying into this radical alarmist nor her rantings, much less spreading it along.

Again unless you hold it in your hand, it isn't yours. This is ultimately why a large penalty is paid for withdrawing "retirement" funds.
I totally agree with this!

Gee Carriage, I thought I was the only one reading Susanne Posel. Next you will probably admit to listening to Alex Jones or Joel Skousen...or wondering why we do not hear what's up with Robert Holmes...did I miss the 3 seconds of him on camera? Yet we got our daily dose of Casey Anthony's parents????
default_shutup.gif
(now, what the hay?) Robert who??????????

Specific to FDIC, something was nagging me. I realized that I hadn't taken an closer look in quite some time. Sorry/glad I did. I apologize for misspeaking and giving the program FAR more "credit" than I should have. Lately, that commercial regarding some computer backup product or service or some such has been playing through my mind. The one where the bride and groom are being told that they "are going to loose everything". Again study for your self and then decide for your self.

Per the Q4 2011 FDIC Chief Financial Officer's report to the Board, published on March 30, 2012, the FDIC's Deposit Insurance Fund had a balance of $11.8 billion dollars.

HERE'S THE LINK.

www.fdic.gov/about/strategic/corporate/cfo_report_4thqtr_11/1211_CFO_Report.pdf

Bank deposits in the United States at the same time are estimated to be between $8 TRILLION and $10 TRILLION. Let's be conservative and say the number is $8TTT.

11,800,000,000 divided by 8,000,000,000,000 equals 0.001475, which I will round UP to 0.0015.

That is read as "fifteen hundredths of one percent". It isn't one percent, it is fifteen hundredths of one percent. That is how much the FDIC is carrying to back all of those little signs on the teller windows that say "Each Depositor insured to at least $250,000. Backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government."

But hey! It could be worse! Back in 2009 the FDIC was completely insolvent - IN THE HOLE. So what they did was to force all of the banks to pay three years worth of premiums upfront in one year, in order to replenish the fund.

Now, let's review some other statistics as of June 30, 2011:

JP Morgan:

Total Assets $1.8 TTT

Total Derivatives Exposure: $78 TTT

Citibank:

Total Assets: $1.2 TTT

Total Derivatives Exposure: $56 TTT

Bank of America:

Total Assets: $1.4 TTT

Total Derivatives Exposure: $53 TTT

Top 25 commercial banks:

Total Assets: $8.3 TTT

Total Derivatives exposure: $249 TTT

And the FDIC has . . . $11.8 billion.

While we're talking about "distractions":

549659_187303868069466_1315787503_n.jpg
Precisely, very good. When I was asked this question as I was running for a house seat, I had a MUCH better answer that ended the conversation and revealed the bankrupcy of the argument to the arguer. Objective, critical thinking (wisdom) will always have the superior position.

Sorry, Bbob, but I am not buying into this radical alarmist nor her rantings, much less spreading it along.
Anybody who knows me, knows that I am unable to "sell" anything. Neither is it my job to sell. Warn, yes. Sell, no. The selling is your job and to and for yourself. Again your descriptive "labels" are immaterial to the assertion.

Bb

See, I think it's really important to consider your audience (or who you HOPE is your audience) and getting to the point concisely. As many people know, the abilty to capture attention and swiftly make a point can mean the difference between success and failure. That's the great thing about "pictures". Takes seconds to see the point, and you either "get it" or you don't.

Personally, I just do not buy into some of these fringe, radical, the sky is falling characters. I do think our dollar is being devalued. I would not keep more than the FDIC limits in any one bank, or suprass the state guarantee limits in any insurance / annuity company. I do not, however, think that economic collapse is looming in our Nation at this point in time. I do think this election is crutial and I do think there are two very distinct choices before each voter.

Anybody who knows me, knows that I am unable to "sell" anything. Neither is it my job to sell. Warn, yes. Sell, no. The selling is your job and to and for yourself. Again your descriptive "labels" are immaterial to the assertion.

Bb
And see here I thought you built and sold horse carts?

Latest posts

Back