Got a telemarketer call today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
This guy calls from a credit card company and he is like from Pakistan- I dont have anything against that except that I couldnt understand him!! He might have been in Pakistan from the sound of it!!

He is trying to get us to sign up for something so if we dont have jobs our bills will be paid for so much a month!

I told him I am NOT INTERESTED! He wont take NO for an answer! I kept telling him NO and we arent interested and he kept acting like I was just oh so dumb for not taking advantage of this deal he is giving me!!

I FINALLY got it across and he hung up!!

What is it with them??

I dont begrudge them having the job but I do say they need to lay off!! GRRH

I couldn't agree more. They usually don't get more than a few words out of their mouths before I say not interested and hang up before they can respond. I've noticed an increase in calls in the last month. We signed up for the "do not call" list, but still get our fair share.

Did you sign up for the no call on your cell phone too??

They say there is a new thing where telemarketers can call your cell phone and YOU have to pay for it!!

thats ridiculous!!

We called this number from our cell phones and activated a no call list so they cant call your cell and you get charged for it.. I think the number is 1-828-488-6055, if you want to do it..

It is to the point that if I don't know who is calling, I don't answer it. If I do happen to and get a telemarketer, I just hang up.

Here is what I do and it has worked so well we rarely ever get calls anymore. When a telemarketer calls, and you can tell they are once you answer, they ask for whomever, husband or me, I say oh sure, I know they really want to talk to you so hold on a minute I will go get them. they are out in the garage and it will take me a minute but hold on ok? I put them on hold and walk away. Never to return.
default_biggrin.png
Works great!

I think I talked to that guy's brother today. He works for a major computer company in the customer service department. I was on the phone for an hour and a half and most of the conversation was me getting him to repeat what he'd just said :DOH! He transferred me to someone and I thought "Oh goodie, someone with a decent accent" but it must've been their sister because she had the same accent
default_unsure.png

I tell them that I have no job and am on welfare that they will need to wait until my welfare checks come in before I can take advantage of their offer. I ask them if they charge a fee for bounced checks because every check I write seems to bounce. I also ask them if it is a crime for me to forge someone elses signature because I do have some checks I found out in someone elses's garbage. I make it a game and usually keep them going for a few minutes...I will tell them to hold on as I have to relight my crack pipe..usually they will hang up on that one!

I am also on the do not call list but occasionally I will still get a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play with them. I either just hang up, or tell them I am on the no call list and they are committing a felony. Don't know if the felony thing is right or not, but it usually shuts them up!

I tell them that I have no job and am on welfare that they will need to wait until my welfare checks come in before I can take advantage of their offer. I ask them if they charge a fee for bounced checks because every check I write seems to bounce. I also ask them if it is a crime for me to forge someone elses signature because I do have some checks I found out in someone elses's garbage. I make it a game and usually keep them going for a few minutes...I will tell them to hold on as I have to relight my crack pipe..usually they will hang up on that one!

I am also on the do not call list but occasionally I will still get a call.
Sonya, You crack me up!! Thats a good one to try!!

I have a friend who says sure I'll listen to your speel but I have a speel - I go first! Then he tells them he sells Amway and such and they soon hang up[! He doesnt sell Amway- he is jsut messing with them!! Or he says I need to vcall you back, give me your phone number and they of course dont want ANYONE calling them so they have to go quick!!

Yes messing with them provides hours of entertainment. I know it's only their job, but some of them are rather obnoxious, so me and my friends have lists of things we've done. Funny, neither of us get many calls anymore...

I have ALL my phones on the 'do not call list' and you should not be getting ANY calls from 'outside' companies. My understanding is if you have a credit card with that company, or it's from the tv company you use, etc... they can still call because you have some sort of account with them.

It is a huge fine- get their companies name, the person you are speaking to, and a call back number. Turn them in. (I am sure your customer service rep was probably from India)

I just used to hang up if I get a call from an advertiser.... I would tell them no thanks, no interested and if they continued.. I would just hang up the phone. If you stay on the line, they will continue to try to keep selling you something.

my husband will ask them what they look like, because his brother (if it's a guy) or sister (if it's a girl) is looking for a new partner... they usually hang up pretty quick then!

me, i just say no thanks and then hang up. i don't care if they are still talking. i'm done and they are rude to keep me on the phone!

Latest posts

Back