Got a phone call last night...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Rule

Reaction score
A guy who used to be a neighbor called...he's working for a corn maze...it's a local attraction that happens every Halloween season. He asked what would I rent a mini for!! I asked him why he wanted it, and he said that the people who own the corn maze wanted a little barn yard, with goats and chickens...and they wanted a little horse too...

Let's see...people who know nothing about little horses :new_shocked: ...lots of people all around... :new_shocked: unsupervised adolescents there at all hours :new_shocked: ...during Halloween... :eek:

That answer was easy...

HECK NO!!!! :nono:

Pretty simple in my book!

Kim R.

You did the right thing. :aktion033: :aktion033: I would never let anyone (NOBODY) have one of my minis for something like that. Except Marnie or Donna and they would never HAVE to ask because they have many of their own. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

well i would let them rent my mini BUT they would have to rent ME too! no way would i let someone take my horse(s) without my direct supervision... we did have 2 of our mini donks in a Christmas Eve pageant last year but the church gave us costumes too and we were right with them all the time. it was actually quite fun and we are pretty sure they will be calling us soon for this year's pageant LOL.

I agree with Susan. If you're willing, why don't they ask you to set up a pen near the petting area?

Our area has a corn maze too and there's a gal we're acquainted with who gave cart rides with her minis last year. She had two of them who took turns doing the driving.

MA

i once loaned one of my llamas to a church for their live nativity scene. he was as close as they could come to a camel but he wasn't out of my sight for a single second.

I think it sounds like fun and a great way to introduce people to minis, taking mine to a historic village the beginning of October for a fall fest, of course I will be right there with them to supervise!

A guy who used to be a neighbor called...he's working for a corn maze...it's a local attraction that happens every Halloween season. He asked what would I rent a mini for!! I asked him why he wanted it, and he said that the people who own the corn maze wanted a little barn yard, with goats and chickens...and they wanted a little horse too...

Let's see...people who know nothing about little horses :new_shocked: ...lots of people all around... :new_shocked: unsupervised adolescents there at all hours :new_shocked: ...during Halloween... :eek:

That answer was easy...

HECK NO!!!! :nono:

Pretty simple in my book!

Kim R.
I worked for someone that provided this service for tree farms etc....the mini/pony goes for the day with a handler or handlers and can be a heck of a fun time. For long events we always took 2 with two handlers so horses and humans could get breaks
default_wink.png
:

We actually "rented" one of our stallions to a neighbor who wanted to tease his Paint mares into heat. He had his own safe pen right in the field with shade and water. All he had to do was talk to the girls for a few weeks. Since we don't use him for breeding anymore (he's going to be a gelding as soon as we can get it done) there was no harm in it, and the fellow loved him! But that was on a closed farm.... I would want to be with my guys if it was a public place.

Lucy

I suppose I would do it if I was with the horses...but they wanted the horses there for the whole thing...24 hours a day, 7 days a week...If I could supervise that, it would be okay, but I can't exactly quit my job!!

Kim R

Latest posts

Back