Goodbye, Kyan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Kyan was full of himself today when I tried to put him and Mouse into the upper pasture. He refused to lead and I didn't have time to deal with it then (our pastures are in a mess right now, and to put the horses on the upper pasture is unusually complicated, having to get them through a maze of fencing.), so I decided I'd wait til my son or husband came home and come back out and work with him, or bring in the mares so that he could be out on the lower pasture.

I left him in his mom's bigger stall and went into the house. When I went back an hour later, he was lying on his side like asleep, only not asleep, sadly. I knew he was gone, but I hit his chest several times...not sure what I was thinking, maybe hoping.

Checking him, I found his right eye swollen and red, and no other marks on him. No sign of struggle, no ideas for sure what happened. He was in a good, safe stall, though he was upset because he couldn't be outside with the other horses (hormones).

I had the vet coming next week to see if we could geld him.

He was entered in the show at Sea Tac, too...

Hard to say goodbye to him even though he was for sale, this just isn't the same. I had a lot of hopes for him, including training him to drive:

Rest in peace, Kyan.

Raftered Hearts Buckin' the Tide

kyanl06h.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Liz

So sorry to hear about that, Liz! That is just horbile and such a heart breaker!

Godspeed Kyan!

Gage

Oh so sorry for your loss, you must be devestated, such a beautifull horse, prayers going out to you.

Aren't the right words, Liz............ God's Speed, Kyan..........

Sending you all my best wishes, Liz.......

MA

Oh no!!! I am so very sorry for your loss. It is hard enough to lose a foal, but to lose one that you've had time to bond with and love-on...absolutely heartbreaking.

Oh, Liz! I am so sorry. Kyan was such a little sweetie, and a beautiful horse!

In his too short life, he had the wonderful fortune to have such a wonderful owner/human mom and to spend all of his time with his extended horse family. If I were to be reincarnated, I'd want to come back as one of your horses -- I can't think of a better home.

If we measure by quality of life rather than length, Kyan lived a full, incredibly wonderful life.

Take care,

susanne

Oh Liz....I am so VERY sorry. :no: It's heartbreaking to lose ANY...but has to be even more upsetting when you don't know why?
default_sad.png

Im so sorry for your loss, that is horrible. Everytime I saw your for sale page I tried to ponder a way to get him to pa, he was goregeous.

Liz,

I am so sorry to read this - such a beautiful fellow. I can feel your sorrow and pain.

Rest in peace precious Kyan.

default_sad.png

We are so sorry to hear of such a horrible loss! We wish you some wonderful memories to ease your pain. He was beautiful! God bless you all!

oh my he was so young :no: I am so sorry . I really really am
default_sad.png

OMG Liz!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooo sorry for your loss!!! Kyan was such a beautiful horse and I know how proud of him you were...There just arent any words I could possibly say that would ease your sadness, I know, but just know that I am here if you want to talk...(((((((HUGS))))))

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about this. This is just such a difficult thing to go through, when you are prepared. I don't know what I would do if I had this happen to me :no: I am so sorry and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Oh no, I'm so sorry. He was a gorgeous colt - and no idea what happened? So sorry...

Jan

Latest posts

Back