GOOD NEWS FOR TCMHF!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.C. Miniature Horse Farm

Reaction score
Well I am just bubbling over!! :aktion033: Some of ya'll know, some of ya don't, but the family problems that we have been having are coming to a close, and hopefully will be done! Also my dad has put my name on 8 of the 24 acres here at the farm!!(TOO BAD HE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT BACK BEFORE I SENT MY "BABIES" AWAY!!) and lastly, everyone thanks for the prayers, my mom is offically in remmission!! They told us that it looks like everything is clear, even though they are still going to do 20 more radiation treatments, so keep on praying guys!!

Ok, now I know I am going to get some objections to this, but I am wondering do you think its to soon to get a few more minis? I have been looking at a couple mainly for pets, and maybe to show a couple of times! I know I had said that I wanted to wait until I was out of college to get a few, but I just can't SURVIVE 3-4 more years without horses, this past month has been a pain, the pasture is so bare!! Any thoughts anyone?

Also what do you think is best to buy, young fillies? Mares? Open or Bred? I have even thought about a gelding! I loved my geldings!! I am just greatful they all have good homes, although I do wish I would have know that I was going to get my name put on the deed earlier as I MISS THEM!!!
default_wub.png
:

Like I say any thoughts are anything,just fire away, I'll put on my fire suit!! :)

I would think long and hard before getting any more minis right now. I know it has to be hard not having any, but getting a couple and then finding that you again have to find homes for them would be twice a heartbreaking as the first time. Take your time. When you do finally get one or two, I would get a couple of geldings. That way, they would have a buddy when you get busy and only have time to feed and do basic care because of school and other obligations. I do believe, however, that you need to take your time and consider all the possibilities. Maybe even force yourself to wait 3 or 4 months before even looking and see how things work out. Having ground to keep them on is not the only point of consideration.

Glad to hear the good news about your Mother and prayers for her continued recovery. I am sure she is grateful for your care and concern.

Angie

I would think long and hard before getting any more minis right now. I know it has to be hard not having any, but getting a couple and then finding that you again have to find homes for them would be twice a heartbreaking as the first time. Take your time. When you do finally get one or two, I would get a couple of geldings. That way, they would have a buddy when you get busy and only have time to feed and do basic care because of school and other obligations. I do believe, however, that you need to take your time and consider all the possibilities. Maybe even force yourself to wait 3 or 4 months before even looking and see how things work out. Having ground to keep them on is not the only point of consideration.

Glad to hear the good news about your Mother and prayers for her continued recovery. I am sure she is grateful for your care and concern.

Angie
:bgrin thanks for the commet, I don't plan on jumping the gun at all, I just know that if one strikes me it does, if not, it doesn't won't be a big deal :) You are right about lots of stuff going on, it was so hard to have to let go of the first ones, and so true about waiting a couple months, which would be a great idea just to make sure everything is going again! Oh and I am considering about everything, as far as time for basic care,ect I have that without a doubt, I survived Highschool, taking care of 20, I am really trying to decide whether for pets, or show, or ??? Lots of stuff running through my head, but still longing for those little guys, what can I say when you are stung your stung...I have considered maybe a lease to buy option, if there is such a thing with the minis? I know it is for the big horses!?

Like I say thanks!
default_yes.gif
:

What do the rest of you guys think?

This really confuses me..................

Why are you confused Ashley?

I would wait also. I am so glad to hear about your Mom's remission - that is the best news ever! I would also make SURE that you have the paper in hand that those acres are YOURS. I think the dust needs to settle a bit first.

Yes, I have leased a couple in the past with the option to buy. So when you are ready, maybe you will find someone who will do that for you. Then if you DO get in a pinch later, they go back to the owner.

What you get depends on what you want to do. A mare can still be shown and keep each other company, and be bred later if you decide to. Or the geldings would work too, if you just want to show, drive, have a couple of little buddies, etc....

LOL sarah.. i have a bunch i could drop in your pasture :lol:

Well I am confused too..lets back up..you had a herd of 20..family problems and your Mom got sick..so you sold waaay down..than you bought..than family trouble and you gave them up for adoption..

Now you looking to buy again?? Do I have my facts mixed up?

Glad your Mom is in remission!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Well I am confused too..lets back up..you had a herd of 20..family problems and your Mom got sick..so you sold waaay down..than you bought..than family trouble and you gave them up for adoption..

Now you looking to buy again?? Do I have my facts mixed up?

Glad your Mom is in remission!! :aktion033: :aktion033:
Hey, yeah you got the facts straight up there, but now I haven't BOUGHT yet again, nor am I really looking, just keeping the options open, and like everyone else said on the forum,letting the dust settle to, to make sure everything is OK......however not sure if I could wait the entire college season without a couple pets honestly!
default_wub.png
:

I had a lot of things going wrong lately, but now maybe they will be going right for a change,so who knows? Like I say I am in no huge rush to get started back,just asked for what peoples thoughts were.

Oh and I do have the deed in my hand :lol:

One thing I do wish, is this would have happened ALOT sooner(the deed part) because then I never would of had to give them up,what really happened(well I can't say it all on here) was that yes family problems went on, mom was in a rush to get out, and metioned no way could I move the horses into an apartment, so I did the best thing I thought for them,instead of the divorce taking place, and then BAM,where are they going? Since at that point I nor mom had the deed in our hand, it was ALL in his name...ok well got that part changed, so if I ever get minis again, at least I know they will have a place to stay, and like I also said, not ever going to get a "family" that large again,incase something DID ever come up. As far as thier marriage it is still sortof shakey( another reason to wait before diving in) but hopefully they can get over it :) at least I am hopeing!

Thanks again everybody!

Hey There!!!

I'm so glad to here things are turning around for you and so happy to hear that your mom is doing better.

I can totally understand what your going through. Perhaps maybe help out CMHR and take in a few adoption horses? Once everything has cooled down some and have enough support start your herd back up with a couple of nice show geldings
default_yes.gif
:

I do hope good things will keep heading your way.

I can totally understand what your going through. Perhaps maybe help out CMHR and take in a few adoption horses? Once everything has cooled down some and have enough support start your herd back up with a couple of nice show geldings
default_yes.gif
:

I do hope good things will keep heading your way.

I was thinking along these lines, but instead of adoption, how about fostering. THat way you get your mini fix, the horse gets a home while recovering and when you go to college and are busy; those that you fostered will be moved permanent adoptive homes. Win-win.

You know I never thought about it till ya'll said it! We were just contacted yesterdy about 3 big horses that need to be fostered for a month or two (because of a court case) might do that! Like ya'll say its win-win :)

So good to hear your mom is finally in remission. This has been a tough year or more for you that is for sure!

I think if I were you I would wait some too, fostering or accepting rescue horses might work well for you, but going to College is even a better idea. "Times" are hard for those without an education, so hopefully that can be your priority now.

Where did Mahogany go?

Beth

Latest posts

Back