Getting to Know Everyone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furlow

Reaction score
I am a 72 year old and retired. My objective is to breed miniature horses as small as I can. I do not keep papers on them. Miniature horses are just a hobby, and I have a lot of grandkids who enjoy them, along with my wife. This is our 27 inch stallion, Gator.

017-21.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

I hope you really enjoy it here at Lil Beginnings as much as I do!

Hello and welcome to the forum :) you would fit in well in Ireland , there are many people breeding tiny unregistered minis over here , I prefer them to be 33-34 so Im one of a handful breeding the taller registered horses here , do you have many?

saludando.gif
Hello and welcome from Italy. This is a great place to come and learn about minis or even to just chat and share photos. I see you have started off well by showing us your adorable stallion.
aktion033.gif
Come on show us your girls too
wub.gif

Renee

Welcome to the group.

I'm in NE Montana, and currently have a dozen minis with a few on the way in the spring/summer.

Thanks for the welcome. I have eight miniature horses. Four are due to foal in April and May. I also have a couple of young fillys coming up. One will be two in April, and one is 11 months old. I just bought a five year old mare that has never been bred. Here are a some pics of them. The first four, Lady, Fancy, Mama and Pearl are the ones due in April and May. Fifth one is Sugar, the one I just purchased. Last two Lily and Maybelle are my two young fillys. Thanks for looking.

th_Horses9-10-110291.jpg

th_Horses9-10-110311.jpg

th_Horses9-10-110321.jpg

th_Horses9-10-110341.jpg

th_Sugar1-5-12001640x4801.jpg

0111.jpg

th_Horses9-10-110251.jpg

saludando.gif
Hello and welcome from Italy. This is a great place to come and learn about minis or even to just chat and share photos. I see you have started off well by showing us your adorable stallion.
aktion033.gif
Come on show us your girls too
wub.gif

Renee

I have posted some pics. of my girls

Thank you, I was just looking at them and they are adorable. I love the liitle ones too, my stallion is 27,5 and my mares are 29" and 29,5

Have you bred horses before?

Welcome from Sunny Southern California...well, okay, we've got a little rain here today...but it's normally bright and sunny over here! Welcome!!!!
default_saludando.gif

Liz N.

Hi and welcome from windy Western New York!!

You have a nice herd there. I really like your stallion especially!

Dan.

Thanks for the welcome. I have eight miniature horses. Four are due to foal in April and May. I also have a couple of young fillys coming up. One will be two in April, and one is 11 months old. I just bought a five year old mare that has never been bred. Here are a some pics of them. The first four, Lady, Fancy, Mama and Pearl are the ones due in April and May. Fifth one is Sugar, the one I just purchased. Last two Lily and Maybelle are my two young fillys. Thanks for looking.
Hi there and welcome to the forum! Beautiful horses! Is this your 1st time breeding? If so, come here for lots of help if ya need it! Everyone will point ya in the right way and give you VERY HELPFUL info.

And I do apoligize if I overstep my boundries, but want you to know about this asap as it is very important. But have you ever heard of dwarfism in miniatures? Just from the pics, it dose seem like one of your beautiful little mares may carry the gene, (Suger). If your not aware of it, there are lots of good info here about that too just incase you want to look into that as well.

Anywho... hope you have a very sucessfull birthing season and your g-kids get to love all over the new foals!

POST PICS WHEN THERE HERE!!!

Hi there and welcome to the forum! Beautiful horses! Is this your 1st time breeding? If so, come here for lots of help if ya need it! Everyone will point ya in the right way and give you VERY HELPFUL info.

And I do apoligize if I overstep my boundries, but want you to know about this asap as it is very important. But have you ever heard of dwarfism in miniatures? Just from the pics, it dose seem like one of your beautiful little mares may carry the gene, (Suger). If your not aware of it, there are lots of good info here about that too just incase you want to look into that as well.

Anywho... hope you have a very sucessfull birthing season and your g-kids get to love all over the new foals!

POST PICS WHEN THERE HERE!!!

I have been breeding miniatures for about 6 years, and so far no problem with dwarfism. My smallest foal was 17 inches at birth. HIs mother was 27 inches and father was 34 inches. He grew up to be 27 inches. I have never had any signs of dwarfism, but it is possible. We will just have to wait and see. In the past, I used to breed Belgium horses. I went from one extreme to the other. Thanks for your welcome and info.

Thank you, I was just looking at them and they are adorable. I love the liitle ones too, my stallion is 27,5 and my mares are 29" and 29,5

Have you bred horses before?

I have bred miniatures for about 6 years. Before that I bred Belgium horses. I went from one extreme to the other. Thanks

I went from one extreme to the other
You sure did!
default_yes.gif

Welcome here. We have been 'into' miniature horses for about 20 years and also came from big horse breeds....although not QUITE that big.

The little ones are our direction also and we have been very successful with our small program and have had so much FUN! Our founding stallion is Lucky 17 Cowboy, 25 1/2", who has gone on to another farm now since our broodmare band has a number of his daughters.

Your little herd of mares looks lovely and I love your stallion.

Latest posts

Back