Getting Pumped For Foaling Season

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
Well I wasn't thrilled about spending $200+ confirming my miniature mares in foal so I decided to take another whack at it myself and see if I couldn't feel some foal movement. I had to clip bridal paths on the girls anyways, so heck - why not? Out I go to the paddocks!

Long story short, I still haven't brought home my newest addition to the farm (another post will have to cover that LOL) who may be pregnant for 2011 so out of the four I have here - I confirmed pregnancy in three of them. The one that was not confirmed is my addition from July of this year - a black splash mare that was severly malnurished and pulled down heavily from her 2010 foal.
sad.gif
Good to say that she has now gotten fat and happy. She was supposed to have been rebred on her foal heat in a pasture, but I don't believe her poor body could have taken it. She came into heat in September and was bred to my stallion for a 2011 foal.

Anyways, two of those three are between 106-177 days and the other is between 106-166 days. The fourth is about 39-42 days in foal, so we have a long while with her. The mare I just bought was thrown in the pasture with her stallion since April 20th and has not come back into heat since May so should be about 182 days along - already has a big belly and foal movement.

I am SO EXCITED about foaling season - I'm even willing to skip Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Who all do you have confirmed in foal and are you excited? Also, when is the soonest you can feel movement?

I am very excited about our only foal due in 2011. We bred Mercury to our Res World Champion bay pinto mare, Lovie and she was ultrasound in foal in June so now she is about 180 days. This is a first foal for both and again my only one due so we are a bit nervous too.

We didn't breed any of our mares this year

So I'll have to get my foaling excitement through all your mares

We took a year off unless of course we buy a mare in foal you never know

Last edited by a moderator:
None "confirmed" in foal, but we've got some HUGE bellies already! Plus, Bonnie talked to my rescue and she says she's pregnant with a filly!!
default_aktion033.gif

Lucy

I am SUPER SUPER excited about my one and only baby, due April 3rd
default_aktion033.gif
I was also hesitant to have a second ultrasound done to confirm the pregnancy stuck beyond the 18day ultrasound but our mare recently was poisoned by a toxic plant (thankfully, she's fine now, following a short hospital stay!) and they ultrasounded the baby to make sure it wasn't being affected by the toxin or treatment. It looked unaffected, they said *SHE*
default_wink.png
was kicking all around and had a great heartrate!

I'm hoping for a halter and driving contender, preferably a filly but healthy and gorgeous will be fine
default_wub.png

The sire ~ Pacific Masquerade

Masq_Lsidestandbest_6_5_10.jpg

Masq_trotnew1_1_3_10.jpg

The dam ~ my beloved precious Trouble (Buck On's Bad Girl, sired by the amazing BOB)

BadGirlyoungpic.jpg

I love foaling season on LB, seeing everyone's foals, watching MareStare... we are so lucky to have these resources
default_aktion033.gif

I am sure all 3 of my mares are in foal, but I've "confirmed" two of them by feeling the foal kick.
default_aktion033.gif
I'm very excited both of the two I've felt are the first foals from my leopard appy stallion "CCMF Carousel Carnival." I can't wait to see what they have!

Cannot wait till we start having our foals again next year.

4 look pregnant, one not sure of yet.

Safe foaling CONGRATULATIONS To all that are having foals in 2011

picbornfoal.gif

I am SUPER SUPER excited about my one and only baby, due April 3rd
aktion033.gif
I was also hesitant to have a second ultrasound done to confirm the pregnancy stuck beyond the 18day ultrasound but our mare recently was poisoned by a toxic plant (thankfully, she's fine now, following a short hospital stay!) and they ultrasounded the baby to make sure it wasn't being affected by the toxin or treatment. It looked unaffected, they said *SHE*
wink.gif
was kicking all around and had a great heartrate!

I'm hoping for a halter and driving contender, preferably a filly but healthy and gorgeous will be fine
wub.gif

The sire ~ Pacific Masquerade

The dam ~ my beloved precious Trouble (Buck On's Bad Girl, sired by the amazing BOB)

I love foaling season on LB, seeing everyone's foals, watching MareStare... we are so lucky to have these resources
aktion033.gif

Cant wait to see the new foal! Both horses are gorgeous. Hopefully we shall see *her* at Pacific Coast in 2011! Are you coming to the awards banquet this month?

Cant wait to see the new foal! Both horses are gorgeous. Hopefully we shall see *her* at Pacific Coast in 2011! Are you coming to the awards banquet this month?
Thank you! I am kinda partial to those two as well
default_wink.png
Yep, the plan is for HER to be on my show string next year... I'm so excited to hang out at the shows with you guys again! I'm also planning on showing Love and my new-ish girl GG. Belle's tail is STILL too short to show her so I am breeding her in the spring and will be showing her the following year
default_wacko.png
I don't think I'll make the awards banquet this year but I will try. Maybe if I can get a sitter for the girls, it's still hard for me to do much with the kids on my own. Hope all is well with you guys! I miss you!

I can't for the Foaling Announcements Next Year!!!
default_biggrin.png

We are expecting 4 Foals. All are Sired by my 3 Year Old Stallion Allure, these will be his First Foals and I am Super Excited to see what We will get!
default_laugh.png

3 out of 4 of the mares are Maidens, and the 4th is VERY sneaky, So next Spring Should be interesting to say the least!
default_wacko.png

OOOO I am verrry excited for foaling season, not only for my own but I love seeing everyone else's too!!!! We have 11 mares checked in foal and 11 exposed but not checked yet. We are expecting quite a variety of foals since we used all of our stallions on at least one mare. After Dark has one mare bred for next year and it will be his last foal too since I have decided to make him a show gelding! We also only have 2 mares checked in foal to my driving stallion Magnum so Im really excited for those too. One mare is bred to a friends son of Komokos Little King Supreme and she is my show mare from last year that did well in halter and cleaned up in Liberty! We have foals coming by our Buck Echo and Double Destiny sons as well. One mare is bred to Spotty. And of course we have mares bred to outside stallions because we bought more mares LOL!!! Its definitely going to be busy around here by March!!! Good luck to everyone on your foaling season too!!! Make sure and post lots of pictures!
saludando.gif

My mare is in foal too for july!

Caldwells Fashion Paige

hjkh.jpg

40370_428976449027_512689027_4835538_117209_n.jpg

EMH Zhivago (ASPC/AMHR) in pasture condition here

charlie.jpg

Yes, we are always excited about foaling season. Though I have to say I am still coming down from 2010 foaling season and am in the heart of weaning April 2010 foals now.

We will be having our first foals from our stallion Nostalgias Dirty Money (known as "Monet" here). He had two foals this year, but both foaled at their new homes as we sold the mares in 2009 bred to him!!! So these are our firsts. He is a black, homozygous for black sabino overo pinto. Bred to five frame overo pinto mares. He moves like he is walking on air.

His sire is Nostalgia Show Me The Money.

monet1.jpg
monet7.jpg

I only had two checked, and they are both in foal. The others I will have to wait and see in the spring.

One of the ones I had checked had her first foal last year and had dystocia. The vet did not think she could get pregnant again. So very happy that she is. The other is a Whittmaack Mickey Mouse daughter who has produced two AMHA World Grand Champions. I bought her at 18 years old, hoping that I could get a filly out of her. Well she had a colt the first time, then a colt the second time. She is an every other year mare so at 22 the vet and I were not sure that we could get her pregnant again. She may be 22, but she does not look it or act it. This will be her last foal, so I sure hope that it will be a filly!

I'm expecting 5 foals total... 4 from my mares and one outside mare...

Bred to Little Kings Sentra Supreme: 31.5" buckskin King Supreme son

29" silver dapple Komokos Fancy Pants g-daughter (due in Jan)

32" bay roan Buckeroo g-daughter (due in April)

33.5" bay Buckeroo g-daughter (due in Aug.)

35" bay mare (outside mare due in July)

Bred to HFM Rio Bravo: 30.5" bay Komokos/Johnstons bred

34" buckskin daughter of Flights of Fancys Champagne Taste (due in April)

(pic in my avatar)

Very excited
default_new_multi.gif
My 34" silver black, refined, sweet princess, Lex, is confirmed in foal to the gorgeous cremello stallion, Triple K's Double Your Destiny. She's due in May. I can't WAIT!!!!

Hopefully, I have two mares pregnant, but with my lousy summer, I left it upto mother nature and pasture breeding, so I don't know if my 31" stallion was able to reach his two 36" mares. I need to pick up a couple pregnancy tests, or go with wait and see, not sure which, yet.

My bay stallion will be gelded in the spring, as he is evidently infertile, all his mares came back in repeatedly all summer; he's not gotten any mares pregnant that he's been exposed to (I was in a bit of denial about his state of fertility, but have come to terms with it, so he'll be gelded and live the life of a happy gelding).

Only one due here, but I'm anticipating a good one! Dam is a Brewer bred mare I drove last year, and sire is my Buck Echo son.

ScannedImage-2.jpg
Wildoaks Still Dreaming.

Jan

Latest posts

Back