Geocaching

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
Does anyone on the forum geocache? Just wondering as we started yesterday in College Station and found several that have been found the day before by "minilover". Wondering if it was someone here? We're shtlndpnylver.
default_saludando.gif

I have been known to find a few hidden treasures. This is a fun way to break up a long road trip or just get out and see some place that you would not have found all by yourself. I mounted the GPS on my cart so I can tell how fast and far I have gone during each drive. It can be a great training aid.

Ron

Hey Ron -- I've always thought it would be fun to combine geocaching with driving -- not sure how close Trec comes to this, or if it could be done with multiple drivers in sequence, but...

I'm hooked on it! Just looked at Cozumel for our cruise in August and there are some there too!
default_aktion033.gif
There's one near the ball park my son is playing at tonight. Think we may have to take dad on his first geocaching adventure.
default_yes.gif

We love to Geocache, we have found some in Utah, Ohio , PA, NJ and Upstate NY (where we now live) Im percherongal & Daughters

My SO does geocaching and has found them at military bases all over the country as well as a few in Iraq and Kuwait.
default_rolleyes.gif
We tried to go caching together on his last leave but all the ones in Leavenworth, WA had apparently been pulled for the winter! We were so bummed.

Leia

Went to find one of my way to work this morning thinking it would be easy behind a shopping center....nope, its apparently in the woods. Oh well, I'll find it later!
default_yes.gif

Geocaching is basically high tech GPS "treasure hunting". There's really no treasure but its fun to find these little containers that are sometimes in plain sight. Check out www.geocaching.com

Latest posts

Back