Gaited and non-gaited??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnyfarmnorth

Reaction score
I was just reading the Dec issue of MHW.On page 138 in the gelding incentive listings it has youth and amateur classes with the listing of Gaited and Non-Gaited. What does this mean? Thanks.

Wow - first time I've seen this. Interested to find out what it means. I've only seen one mini horse ever that paced instead of trotting, and never seen what I would call a "Gaited" horse.

I had a silver dapple pinto Mare that paced. She won't trot but she paced very nicely. (she had a wonderful conformation and no health issues. Was just the way she moved)

Those are typos, AMHA does not have gaited classes. The horses listed are performance horses, maybe driving geldings?

I'll contact Alison on that one.

I didn't know this either. I would love to see a video of a gaited mini !
default_wub.png

I wonder if it is a typo. I'd venture a guess and say "Rated" and "Non-Rated"?

Andrea

It was how they sep. the performance from halter for the gelding incentive on the old computer (existing computer) system. That should have been corrected in the magazine.

Thanks everyone. I don't think it was a type-o as it is spelled gaited. I have never heard of a gaited mini so I thought it was some other meaning or classification.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back