From Tragedy to Blessings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much everyone! Gracie is enjoying halter breaking her new baby and is doing a fine job if I do say so myself. Next, I think we are going to have to clip the hair off this baby as her hair is so long & think. I am actually looking forward to it as we want to see what's under her woolies.

We are also teasing and breeding mares. Now that is a chore as we had 3 in heat at the same time. Sky is not complaining though and he is loving all his wives
wub.gif

However, we pasture bred last year, as I figured with minis thats what so many people do and I personally like the ease of breeding our large horses with AI and ultrasounds and confirmed pregnancies at 15 days. Now that we are hand breeding, its back to the good ol' days of daily teasing and breeding and lots of record keeping. All this so that we have actual breeding dates and due dates. I hated this year having only guesstimates based on what we witnessed in the pasture. Not that minis follow too closely the 340 day rule. Gracie is learning all this breeding business fast. By the time she is 14, she should be able to handle a lot of this on her own
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back