Fraud Alert

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a big horse friend of mine about this just a second ago and she says of course that this is fraud and he/she could be in a lot of trouble, and thinks that the registries should be contacted since he is saying these horses are registered AMHR, AMHA, and such. She also wonders what happens if someone contacts him about wanting to buy one of his horses and then wants to go see it! What would he do then since he obviously doesn't have any of these horses?!?!?!?

I'm sorry for all of the people that were unknowingly involved......

The buckskin stallion that is for sale on equinenow.com is owned by Sunrae Miniature Stables, not this Cody person. She is my web designer and He is on her stallion page and I am calling her now!! His real name is Southridge Regaldo .

Dora McBay said when she spoke with Cody, he told her he was only 17 a teenager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well start with the source, pizco and report this abuse:

http://web.piczo.com/zone/main on the very bottom of the page - is has a link to report abuse.

Give them the address of this site and see what they say. But I caution you - I would maybe use a new email account in case they are phishing.

I put this up yesterday, but seems no one paid any attention.

And just so you know...If you call both Piczo and Equinenow.com and got voicemails on both. To leave a name number and e-mail address. And if you read further...

But have local contact numbers for Fraud and Web Abuse.

If he is underage, most likely he cannot be charged with anything as he is a minor...probably knows that too.

Here is some of his horses for sale!

http://www.equinenow.com/farm/little_legends.htm

Phone number is a cell phone

Digging deeper.. may have more info
Check this one out... @@@@

It says it's a shetland stallion, pic is of a FOAL and the pedigree is made up of arab & anglo norman horses!!! OMG! Oh and it says he's 6 h. =24". Puuuhhhleaaase!

You know what else I found to be crazy is on the pedigree below the pic it says seven was foaled on 1994 and in the ad it said something diffrent.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions thus far. I have sent an email to Martha at El Rancho Loco, as well as to Liz. I will be making a complain to Piczo as well this afternoon. I really do believe this is some crazy wanna-be kid doing this, I'm not so sure it's an overseas fraud type of thing. I had this happen before with people stealing the write up from my cover page....I just let it go, figured if they can't be creative enough to think of their own words to write on their web page, then thats just pathetic. Now the farm is going out of business. But this involves other people, money, fraud, misrepresentation, etc. I am going to see what Martha and Liz think and go from there I guess, so I hope to hear from them soon.

As far as copying the website before it disappears, can anyone tell me how I go about saving a copy of it on my computer? I know I can print it but want to have a digital copy as well.

I'm sorry to see such a fraudulent thing happening and will do my best to get it stopped. I hope no one has lost money to this individual. Thanks again for the help and input. Cary, Ventura Miniatures

Just a thought...

It's common for kids to play SIMulation games Online. Many SIM games involve making up animals (including horses), barns, training centers, shows, etc. SIM players will often "steal" pictures of real animals, places and people from around the net, as well as pedigree information, to represent their SIMulated ones. Obviously it is nicer to ask to use the pictures, but no real money is changing hands in these games so it is not illegal use of the pictures per the copyright laws. There are countless websites out there full of pictures taken and reassigned for these games. Many of these sites look amazingly realistic. I'm wondering if this kid just hasn't taken a SIM game a bit too far...?

PS. Piczo may be based in the UK, but it is often target marketed at young people here in the US. Even I have an account.

I double very much that this is a kid, too sophisticated and if the web site is based out of the UK, it screams SCAM.

I just checked out his address with an arial map. There is a farm there, but it is a woking farm, no land for horses, no paddock areas, no barn. All of the land around the house was tilled, waiting for planting, only grass immediately around the house.

I went to the web site and on the top of the page is a little flag to report copyrighted content. It took me to another page where you can email piczo. That link won't work from my computer. If this is a kid (I knew of a kid last year that was posting about 3 different pics of pinto foals (other peoples pictures) saying they were all her horse but they were all different pattern and color) the parents need to be notified. If it is a scam, I hope he gets what he deserves. I have bought 2 of my horses online and didn't see them in person until they were picked up. If it weren't for jerks like this we could all feel good about doing business on line.

LOL I'm sorry, but seriously? The FBI? The obituary is for an older boy than this one is supposedly, from a different city. How about starting with the local police? Let's let the FBI spend their time and our money on stuff like... stopping terrorists... until it is actually determined if this is even a SCAM, or just some KID getting a bit too into a GAME.

Just a thought...
It's common for kids to play SIMulation games Online. Many SIM games involve making up animals (including horses), barns, training centers, shows, etc. SIM players will often "steal" pictures of real animals, places and people from around the net, as well as pedigree information, to represent their SIMulated ones. Obviously it is nicer to ask to use the pictures, but no real money is changing hands in these games so it is not illegal use of the pictures per the copyright laws. There are countless websites out there full of pictures taken and reassigned for these games. Many of these sites look amazingly realistic. I'm wondering if this kid just hasn't taken a SIM game a bit too far...?
That's the first thing that popped into my head too.. I've had several regular size horse breeders who've dealt with similar situations in which their horse(s) name(s) and credentials were "stolen" for one of these SIM sites.. Either way it's wrong, and I hope those involved can get it sorted out

One of the horses on that equinenow that he is selling belongs to Reece Family Miniatures, Reeces Little Blue Boy and he's a gelding not a stallion like he advertised and also he's 3 not 2! Unreal! Hope he gets caught.

LOL I'm sorry, but seriously? The FBI? The obituary is for an older boy than this one is supposedly, from a different city. How about starting with the local police? Let's let the FBI spend their time and our money on stuff like... stopping terrorists... until it is actually determined if this is even a SCAM, or just some KID getting a bit too into a GAME.
Mail fraud is the FBI's business. *If* this person is selling fictional horses and money is sent through the mail, it's Federal Mail Fraud...been there done that, not that I ever got my money back, but I did hound the guy until I had spoken to everyone in his life up to and included ex-business partners, an ex wife and even some of the people he probably gambled away my money with in Las Vegas!!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

I checked out the address, it really exhists- with that last name as being correct! I have sent further info to Mary Lou via PM's and the original poster has one here too....

This is really a U.S. based person in Virginia, not overseas.

I checked out the address, it really exhists- with that last name as being correct! I have sent further info to Mary Lou via PM's and the original poster has one here too....

This is really a U.S. based person in Virginia, not overseas.
Or it could be an identity theft type of thing...who knows, it's all nuts!

Regarding ID theft, I dont think so, based on what I have found so far................

I am sure ML will come up with something..

So I was looking at his site again, and he has a stud fee on "his" stallions, someone should email him in regards to possibly breeding to 'his studs', request more photos, more information, pedigree, foals etc... to see what information and photos he passes back to you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back