Fraud Alert

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already gave the breeder of her and another one posted, a heads up, they were her pics on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked with Dora McBay this morning after reading the post, he had contacted her about showing a filly for him, but he has not brought it to her as of yet. FYI

This is such a bad thing, he is effecting so many people, in so many states...I wonder if it crossed his mind that he might get caught? and did he even care?

He has a guest book you can sign so I did! This guy has to be stopped!

He has 6 horses posted on equinenow.com . Some large, some minis, three listed as sold. The date as to when the ads were last updated was 9/07. if you google the number without the one, and add the word horse, it pulled up equinenow.com.

I agree, I doubt that this is a 16 year old boy running this scam. I also think the athorities would be interested as it is across state lines.

Everyone who has a picture of their horse on his web site should be notified and the local athorities notified. Unfortunatly I would suspect that he dooes not live where he says he lives and that if you call that phone number, you will not be getting any parents. For that matter, he may not even be in the US.

SCARY
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Everyone should be watching all of the for sale web sites too, including Lilbeginnings. A few years ago I had just taken some pictures of a black colt I had for sale and put them on my web site. A couple of days later I get a phone call from a friend who told me my horses picture was on Lilbeginnings for sale page with someone else, trying to sell a black colt. I notified Mary- Lou and contacted the advertiser, who was really nasty to me!!)
default_no.gif
. She changed her ad really quickly and changed it to another black colts picture and said she had never used my picture and did not know what I was talking aobut.

There are scammers everywhere!!

NOTE: I just found that he is advertising his web site on Miniature Horse Farms Directory web site

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Oh Liz is likely to show up at their HOUSE if she can find it. She'll open up a big ol can of Mississippi whoop-butt on them!!

[SIZE=12pt] If you read carefully, it sounds as if this IS a kid or either someone who is not familiar with conversational english....[/SIZE]

Screen capture every single page of that website. Now.

Once the peep learns that people are onto him/her/it then in all probability the website is going to either be changed or be torn down. Someone needs to get records off all of it now.

Just my .02.

Just want to ad one note of caution for those that may not know. My husband says that whenever you visit a website there is a way for the person running it to know who visited and can trace it back to your computer and your carrier. Most sites are not run this way but it is often the way that you end up with all that spam in your email.

OMG!!! My best friends stallion is on there too!!! He is pictured as Quiet Dells Snazzy Thunder on the stallions page! THAT IS NOT!!! That is Desert Shadows Moon King and is owned by Olney Farm in Arizona!! Here he is on their website and Lynn Bateman of Arabian Echo took that photo!!!!

Here's the REAL site!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~olneyminis/stallions.html

I will notify them immediately!!!!

Well I was looking at the sale horses on equinenow.com

The buckskin stallion I know has a new name. I can't remember his original name, but a few years ago I was interested in buying/gelding him for me.

I recognize the other mini stallion he has up there, but once again can't remember his name.

Sorry you guys are having to go through this. I certainly hope you get it all fixed up.

Well I was looking at the sale horses on equinenow.com

The buckskin stallion I know has a new name. I can't remember his original name, but a few years ago I was interested in buying/gelding him for me.

I recognize the other mini stallion he has up there, but once again can't remember his name.

Sorry you guys are having to go through this. I certainly hope you get it all fixed up.
[SIZE=12pt]I do recognize that stallion too, but can't remember his name or owner[/SIZE]

I have contacted the Johnson's at Olney Farm about their horse on there. THEY ARE NOT HAPPY!! I noticed the buttons on the main page for 'training, services, contact and links' are dead ones and dont work. I can guarantee that is NOT the person on the home page that made this site- another stolen photo and due to the misspelling and lack of knowledge (check out the 'in memory' page) I am willing to bet this may very well be a 'Nigerian' scam method..... Love the fact that they want 75% down!!! and will certainly work with folks on payments. The spelling and grammar is horrible.

The cell phone is probably a 'throw away' but the area code does come from South and SW Virginia, which may or may not be where the scammer is sitting at his computer!!

If this person is stealing pics off of your websites, how many of you have links to Lil Beginnings? I think it is quite possible that this piece of trash is reading this forum!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Just throwing this out there...

Wasn't Cody the name of the young teen who last year posted a picture of that pitiful, deformed mini on one of the sale sites? I believe he was said to be 14 or 15 years old. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

He also has a full sized Appaloosa for sale on that same equinenow site...........

That pic has been on there for a long time and he is calling a leopard a red roan.........

I just found him advertising on Miniauture Horse Farms Directory. I notified them that he was a scam using their web site for false advertising. He actually has his web site posted with them.
default_new_shocked.gif

I have not been able to find him advertising in any other directorys yet, but I am looking.

Has anyone contacted Equine now?

Equine Now

[email protected]

P.O. Box 235254

Encinitas, CA, 92023-5254

760-579-2826

(Billing inquiries only)

I e-mailed them that this web site was a scam, we'll see if they respond to me.

Screen capture every single page of that website. Now.

Once the peep learns that people are onto him/her/it then in all probability the website is going to either be changed or be torn down. Someone needs to get records off all of it now.

Just my .02.
I agree, cause I have a feeling this site is going to go down!

Has anyone contacted the web page builder company, or whatever it is? At the very top there is a border. It has where you can send a message to him, invite him to be your friend
default_rolleyes.gif
, or contact the company and report bad content on the page, its the little flag, not sure if anyone has done it or not.

I hope this stops soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back