Fraud Alert

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

horsedude

Reaction score
Yesterday, I recieved an email from an individual who informed me that a farm in Virginia was using one of the professional photos off of my website to sell one of their horses. This individual was actually in negotiations to purchase the horse when she stumbled upon my website and said "Hey, thats the same horse." So I visitied the website.

http://littlelegendsminiatures.piczo.com/?cr=3

Under the Stallions Page, a photo of MY MARE, being advertised with her Liz Photo as a Stallion called "Little Legends I've Got The Seven". My mare is also Featured on the Sales Page of the website, with quite a creative write up. And finally, she is featured on the "About Us" page in the business card area.

THIS MARE IS OWNED BY ME, VENTURA MINIATURE HORSES, AND HER NAME IS "SID'S I'M AN ANGEL TOO".

I understand that this is a Kid, but this kid is advertising using my photos, and I am assuming other peoples professional photos to misrepresent horses. This is theft and fraud. I have sent an email to this individual demanding that the photos be removed from the website. Of course that has not happened and I have had no response to the email.

So I want to get the word out to every one in Little Beginning Land that this Website is a Fraud, This Individual is a FRAUD!!!

I do not know what steps to take next. Is it possible to find out who hosts this website and contact the host of the website and have the information removed? I do plan to call the parents of this Kid and speak to them about it as well, however I don't expect any results.

Bottom line: THE HORSE IS MINE, THE PHOTO IS MINE!!!

If anyone is familiar with this individual, please PM me. Thank you.

Cary, Ventura Miniature Horses www.venturaminiatures.com

Cary,

What's also scary is that the Buyer almost sent money for YOUR mare, and obviously would have never received her!

I would say the person trying to sell the horse is breaking SEVERAL laws.

Well start with the source, pizco and report this abuse:

http://web.piczo.com/zone/main on the very bottom of the page - is has a link to report abuse.

Give them the address of this site and see what they say. But I caution you - I would maybe use a new email account in case they are phishing.

I would see about contacting the local law enforcement and maybe they can make a little visit to Mr. Cody!

All I can say is WOW! The lengths people will go to scam others out of money.

I am sorry that this is happening to you. I appreciate the warning.

Robin

Looks like they have a picture of El Rancho Loco's stallion Revenge as a mare named Dawson's Sara Sue on their sales page. Might want to team up with Martha.

Edited:

I also emailed Martha yesterday as soon as I found this to give her a heads up. I know she won't be happy about this

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, I'm sorry this is happening to you, and obviously to El Rancho Loco. Thanks for getting the word out!

Jodi

If the fraudulent activity goes across state lines, I believe it becomes a federal offense. Check with some authorities on the matter.

Good luck-

Peggy

I've emailed a link to the website to both Liz and Martha. I'm sure they don't have permission to use Liz's photos. Maybe Liz can think of a way to stop it.

default_new_shocked.gif
That is so wrong!
default_no.gif

the last horse on the stallion page looks familiar as well . . . I can't seem to remember who owns "him".

I found him! He is Desert Shadow's Moon King owned by Olney Farms!

This person is advertising a appaloosa foal for sale on Dream Horse I think it was. I google'd his phone number.

That is extremely interesting and alarming
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
A month or so ago, the person listed on that website actually emailed me to inquire about breeding to one of my stallions (but the don't stand to outside mares here). So, now of course, I'm scouring the site looking for my own horses
default_sad.png

Edit:

I just found the email he sent me and I was off on the date. It was December 17, and what he said...

"Hello!

This is Cody Bowers and I live in the Blue Ridge Moutains on the Blue Ridge Parkway of Virginia! I am 16 years old and began buying and starting a miniature horse farm 2 years ago! I started out with 2 mares and one had a colt on her side and the other was in foal! The reason for me e-mailing you is because I was in search of miniature stallion in the state of Virginia and ran across your stallions! I have a liver chestnut mare with a white flaxen mane and tail! She is 17 years old this year and will be turning 18 in the spring! She has produce some outstanding foals and produced a beautiful black and white filly for me last year when I purchased her! She is very refined and has great conformation as well as a perfect dispostion! I was wondering if you would stand your stallion out to breed this mare I have, I dont have a stallion of breeding age and I really want a baby out of her because she is getting on up in her age and I will soon have to retire her from breeding! She is 32 inches tall and AMHA and AMHR reg. She has been bred in the past to some well know stallion... (Grosshills Im A Booger Too, Shadow Oaks Top Banana, ect.) I would greatly apprecaite it if you wold e-mail me back letting me know about breeding or if you know anyone that has a nice stallion out for stud? I cannot afford to pay much on a breeding fee.. I hope all is well with you and your family! Also, my website is under construction so as soon as its up and running I will send you the link to see this mares photo!

Thanks and God Bless,
Cody Bowers"

I would bet Cody is not 16! Hang on to that email for the other farms. This has crossed state lines and has broken federal laws, but here's the catch which laws? Fraud is one, fear, frustration adds to punitive damages, etc. Call the local Sheriff's office in your area and they will most likely be able to tell you how to proceed now.

Make sure you keep notes about when you found it, how you found it, the web address, figure out how to save those pictures with the web address to your hard drive for proof. Also notes on who you contacted in law enforcement, when, etc. These are hard charges to prosecute, diligence in journaling everything aides in your case.

Also, make sure the law enforcement agency gets logged onto the web address with the pics of your horse so they have records of it before the Cody figures this out.

Jill, you should forward the email you have to the person who started this thread, Liz and the other farms that have horses listed on that web page so they can contact their local law enforcement too, and then everyone share information!

SHeesh, I agree with everyone, but this is identity theft of your farms product!

I looked at the site, interesting, if you look at the quality of the mini in the picture with him, and then what he advertises as his, big difference.

Also, in the pics of the Bar Ls colt, I see two different colts. Left side shots don't match markings.....

Glad someone recognized Martha's stallion, I was wracking my brains trying to figure out who he was, obviously a stallion and not a mare, knew I had seen him.

I imagine Liz will get him shut down fast. Copyright violations are nothing to sneeze at.

I am really sorry this is happening to you...this is actually very serious. This kid could be in quite a bit of trouble. We too just found out on monday that someone we know stole photos off our site...they will be dealt with for sure. I hope you can do the same.

I would contact Liz...perhaps she could help guide you. I really have to wonder if he really is a kid??

best of luck...hope you get some answers soon...people these days...it is just so sad...why is so hard to be good???

God Bless,

lis

I just went through there website...and the horse that is called sara sue...I have seen that horse before in a world mag...pretty sure of it?? maybe even have seen the pics on here..dunno though? maybe someone can id it...very fishy for sure.

lis

I went to the site and saw that one of "his" horses, Brooke Hollows Dreamin of Love, will be shown by McBays Training Center. I wonder if that is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back