foundered gelding I brought home yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCaseFamily00

Reaction score
I got a call about a gelding who needed a home so here he is.

Photo0007.jpg

Good lord! Poor guy. He looks shiny and fairly healthy, apart from those horrendous hooves
default_no.gif
Keep us updated on his progess
default_yes.gif

I have a excellent farrier who has already been here
default_aktion033.gif
. I will try to get pics tomorrow ,he's still very sore. My farrier said if he hasn't shown some improvement by morning to let him know.He hasbult up muscle? on his back ,from standing incorrect so long(almost roachback).On the way home with him I thought he seemed familiar, come to find out a lady I used to feed for had him for awhile. I had actually taken care of him for a week a few years ago.

OMG!!! This is horrible! It is things like this that make me scared to sell my babies to anyone!

I am so glad you have rescued him.

Thank God you took him, how sad that you new him when he was taken care of. I just answered an ad on craigs list for a gelding and the answer said he really needed to see a farrier, hope he doesn't look that bad
default_sad.png

Wow, that's some pretty amazing before and after pictures. You have a good farrier. And, he's a pretty cute guy.

Amazing before and after pictures, well done to your farrier.
default_aktion033.gif

Poor little chap - so glad he has found his way into your caring hands. Please let us know how he gets on.

Anna

Still definately sore but improved from yesterday. He slowly made his way to his hay pile this morning.He was so sore when we brought him home we had to use a butt rope to coax him to move,his brakes were on.Do you think I should give him something for pain?

Just wanted to add for anyone going through this my farrier said we could use blue insulation board,cut to shape of his hooves and duct tape it on for cushioning.

Latest posts

Back