Forum member needs help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
One of our members is in a tough situation right now. Her partner, Shelly had a major stroke a few weeks ago and is having major complications. Hydrocephalus and meningitis and is in the ICU.

Nancy Katz is looking for people who can foster her two stallions, one mare, one gelding to help lighten her load.

I wish we could take them but we have no room.

Even if you can't... take a horse or two, spread the word.

She can't afford to board them I am sure or she would have done that.

Thank you!

They live in Ohio, I believe in the Dayton area.

Bumping back up.

The horses don't need to go together, and some are trained to drive.

She is overwhelmed trying to keep afloat.

I don't have room in my barn but I do have 5 acres I could put the stallions on and I could put the mares and the gelding with my group if you like. I do barn mine and then I pasture mine during the day and then in the afternoon I put them away. My horses are on another 5 acres and that's where my house sits. The ONLY problem and I want to warn you ahead of time is here in Mo. we have ticks and I would spray your stallions IF they would let me, but they would still get some. Mine do still and I spray them and yours also would be if that's ok and it's mowed here, that 5 acres isn't mowed.

However, they'd be grained, watered and hayed if you wanted. I'd need a definent time limit though and when I go to Nationals you'd have to pay for the extra amount above and beyond of what I pay for my horses that stay home. Plus, They'd most of all be "loved." TJ

Thank you TJ, I have passed your offer on to Nancy. I don't know as she can set a time frame right now, Shelly has been in the ICU for 3 weeks now and things are grim. If she survives this, she will be a year in rehab but Nancy did say once that happens she would have some breathing room. Good news is her stallions have been together and get along fine with the usual not very serious squabbles.

I'll let you know what she has to say, and bless you for stepping up. Yours is the first offer we have gotten.

Also, the 4 horses don't have to go together, they can be split up.

Thanks for trying to help. Even though I am trying to downsize right now I do have space in my herd. I have stall or pasture space. In Ohio if that helps at all. The last thing she needs to worry about is her horses.

Kareng

Thank you guys, I forwarded the info on to her.

I'll let you know what she thinks.

Hey no problem, just let me know. I'm glad to see others willing to help too. That's nice, people sometimes want to help but due to room can't or personel things going on or they work and can't take more of a load. My realtor pointed something out to me, if I sell my house I might have a problem, so let her know my house is up forsale. Yikes, all these things!!!!!! BUT, I doooo want to help out, EVEN if it's some I don't mind. I just HATE not being able to barn them. GOSH, I'd feel terribly GUILTY. I know a lot of people don't and before we moved here and lived in Ca ours just had covers, no barn. They've gotten spoiled. TJ

Paige Melhope, who lives near Nancy is taking 3 of them, not sure which 3 yet.

I live in Ohio. All my horses are current on everything and will help in anyway I can. Please let me know if I can help.

Now I am being told that Paige is taking all 4 so problem solved and HUGE kudos to Paige for stepping up to the plate.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Back