Ohio Miniatures Need Your Help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
Hi All! I know its been forever!

I got a call to help with a herd of almost 50 miniature horses needing help here in my county in Ohio. Their owner died suddenly and they had to be moved yesterday. A local rescue took most of them and my friend Sally has about 15 of them. Many are in very bad shape. Some are in mildly bad shape and a few are okay. This is a mixed herd of stallions, mares, mares with foals, yearlings etc. All stallions will be gelded before being adopted/fostered. Most are not trained or handled.

It should be assumed that all mares are bred as they were in with many stallions.

Right now they are going to take a couple days to match up the minis with their papers so they know which horse is which, ages etc. Then they will be available to adopt/foster

Right now this rescue really needs donations to their feed store for feed, bedding & de wormer. As you all can imagine this many horses takes a lot of feed and bedding. Please hold off calling Lisa until she gets more pictures up and horses matched up as she has her hands pretty full as you can imagine.

Dr Muese has been donating his time and is helping to geld the stallions. He also took some to his farm to care for.

I have pics on my Facebook page and so does Mystery Lane. I will try to add a couple here. I am just the messenger! I am helping Sally care for the ones at her farm but I am not in charge of fosters or adoptions
default_smile.png

Thanks in advance and hope some can find it in their hearts to help feed these guys.

Rescue Name:

Mystery Lane Equine Rescue

Thornville Ohio

Feed Store

HLA Farm Feeds6807 Ohio 204 Thornville, OH 43076

(740) 242-5035

Mystery Lane Rescue Foster/Adopt form

http://mysterylanefarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mystery-Lane-Farm-ECC-Equine-Adoption-Application.pdf

marewithfoal.jpg

starvingminis.jpg

Yes! I just back from Sallys and they took 10 more to her farm. 2 pregnant mares. 1 for sure dwarf that I am really worried about and 2 more that I think are dwarfs and are very thin. I put some pics on Facebook.

A wonderful anonymous donor has paid for all of the remaining mini expenses. Thanks to all that called, donated and just sent encouraging words. Its much appreciated

I hope to never have to help with a rescue of this many miniatures again!

All the stallions are being gelded for free on Sunday and will need homes if anyone needs a great little gelding

I can't get on Facebook right now and there is nothing on their website, so I was wondering if we could have an update on how the adoptions are going and such?

Hi

Today we are giving all the stallions a bath in prep for their gelding tomorrow. I was told all the stallions/geldings are now spoken for (thank goodness!)

One baby did not make it. I think this is the only fatality which is a great thing given how bad of shape most were in. The vets did try to save this baby but she was just too far gone.

The pregnant starved mare (the worst one) is now at Dr Mueses as shes in such bad shape. She needs all the prayers she can get as besides being so starved she has major hoof issues.

I believe all are now in foster/adoption homes but homes will be needed later after they rehab such as the ones at Dr Mueses farm. Also since many of the mares will foal this year that means more homes will be needed once they foal. (foster homes are keeping them and feeding them up until they foal etc)

I am hoping to see Lisa today to get final numbers etc

Thanks for the update Kay..will continue to help and be praying for the little mare.

Latest posts

Back