Forum Challenge/World show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckonranch

Reaction score
We have many people new to the miniature industry that read this forum... is it possible to contribute say... even 2 pages of good information.. possitive experiences...warm memories of this event, so they may want to attend some year????? Everyone who attended.. could you give a reason why someone should want to go be a part of this experience..????? I know this was my first time there and I have many great memories and reasons to go again.!!!

I was very impressed with some of the stall decorations. Johnathan Whitts set up way Cool.. His whole area was a livingroom.. Huge screen TV, big comfy chairs... made you just want to flop down and take a load off... I saw many set ups with the TVs.. I would have a easy time keeping track of the classes!!

The number of international people who came to watch the show was way cool... they only have a visual experience thru pictures and internet with the horses so coming to see them in person was great.. AND our World Champion Amatuer Stallion championship goes to Ben Van De Wettering from the Netherlands!!! The Reserve Sr. Champion mare award was won by pretty chesnut mare owned by Jacuqeline and Angel of Made in Spain Miniature from Madrid Spain.. Talk about making their Dreams come True...

Visiting and visiting and visiting about... horses and more horses....I convinced my daughter to take the trip down with me.. by day 3 she was starting to look at show halters, so she knew it was time for her to leave..

Angie/buckonranch

Oh YES a positive experience!

Center ring was soooo lovely and tasteful! (and tasty too according to some liberty horses :bgrin )

Horses entered was up quite a lot.

Entries per horse were up a lot.

I heard office was scrambling for more stalls at one point and I didn't see an empty stall anywhere.

The whole experience is class all the way.

Office personel and show management were unfailingly courteous, helpful and friendly even when faced with a distressed competitor...(which will happen in any undertaking of that size)

And the classes are getting bigger and bigger........Do qualifying points need to be raised on some of the huge classes like some driving and youth and liberty etc? Or are we going to have to add more days?

And spectators and buyers! ALWAYS people walking the aisles and asking about horses for sale! Many foreign languages heard walking by.

And the facility OMG those crews are cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! I LOVE showing there!
default_yes.gif
:

And then the horses............................I'm speachless

Charlotte

Wow, Im glad there were some positives.

I've never been to worlds or nationals. I dont have a horse I think is good enough to go to either, but am planning on purchasing one or two next year but with all those past posts I was beginning to rethink that and had almost decided to just stay home and show at the local level.

So thanks for the positives,

Tammy Breckenridge

Yes, this is a beautiful show with amazing vendors, top-quality horses and the competition is wonderful!

A clean facility and nice setting (though it was kinda hot for me! *LOL*), I think the AMHA does a terrific job. You know that even to arrive at the World show is a special achievement, and that in itself says a lot about the exhibitors, even those that leave without a ribbon.

Thank you to everyone, the coordinators and exhibitors, vendors and staff.

This was a wonderful experience for me, even as a spectator only. The stall decorations were wonderful and to meet Joan Richards of Olympian Ranch was special for me as well as seeing so many from other countries attending.

Liz M.

This was my first time to attend the World Show and I thought it was awesome! :aktion033: The office staff were so nice and easy to work with and the center ring was beautiful! The people were really nice - there was a lot more socializing, IMO, than at the National show. The facilities were clean at all times and the vendor area was great!

I'm going back next year!

I had a great time, but then I always do.
default_smile.png

Didn't get any first or seconds but we got 6 top tens.

It was warm, but I live in Houston

There were controversies, but there always are. It wouldn't be The World show without them.

I didn't tick off anyone or embarrass myself, I don't think.

The driving classes are getting awsome, but we did get a top ten.

We got to see a bunch of old friends and made some new ones.

The office and show staff were great as usual.

We got to hit all of our favorite restaurants.

We stayed at the Green Oaks for the last time. The old girl is going under the wrecking ball in November.

We got home safely.

Congratulations to all the winners and especially to our driving's mares breeder, Tiffiny Porter of Avante Training Center for getting Supreme.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I was there for the second year in a row. The facility is a first class venue - the show is very professional run - and the horses are fantastic. Then there are the vendors - lots of great things for sale. The barns are so much fun to walk through!!!! Some of the setups are fantastic - JSW was outstanding - as are their horses.

Many many beautiful horses - beautifully conditioned and presented. For those of you that have not been to the World Show - you are missing a terrific event. If there is any way that you can go in the future - please do - you won't be disappointed.

Cyndi - Misty Moon Equines - Saskatchewan, Canada

www.mistymoonequines.com

Never been. But my local airport now has a direct non stop flight, so I WILL be there next year.

[SIZE=36pt]CAN'T WAIT[/SIZE]

It was an awesome show for us and our daughter! Of course we always have a good time. The only thing I ever complain about is the heat ughhhh! But we are from Colorado and its hot everywhere we show unless its here. Heres a positive thing we made our entries back showing 3 horses in the futurities. What show can you do that at????? That wasnt winning one either. The sale was awesome so was the food. I heard there was some protesting on measuring another positive thing, keeps everyone in check and maybe more honest. As always cant wait til the next one.

This was actually my very first World Show. I had a lot of fun out there. I also made my entries fees back through the gelding incentive, so that definitely was a positive. The show was very professional and everybody was very friendly and helpful. I got to meet a lot of new people. I already can't for next year's World Show, i will definitely be back.

The show was well run, even though Kristy broke her ankle at the last minute. The rest of the AMHA staff really stepped up to the plate and hit a home run.

Judy got top tens in the two classes she cared most about, AOTE and Amateur Country Pleasure Driving Level 2.

Our stay at the Homestead went without incident, the room was great, price was right.

The welcome dinner and Calcutta was a lot of fun and the food was very good.

The Amateur party was a blast, good food, and a margarita for free!

My friend's daughter won the overall youth judging and her first ever top ten in Youth Jumper.

Got to visit with friends I only see once a year at this show.

Our stalls were in a great location for me this year, we were so close I didn't need to spend the money on a golf cart! :risa8:

Bought a great bracelet instead. Navaho silver with man made opals. Just gorgeous.

Fred's music was perfect.

The costume classes were awesome.

:saludando:

It was a great show!!

Here's a picture of the center ring, though it doesn't show how beautiful it was.

Worldshow2007015-1.jpg

Stunning horses (as Tony said in another post, 'layers of Top 10's'), the cleanest facilities around, beautiful stall decorations, AIR CONDITIONED arenas (and we really needed them this year!), beautiful trophies and ribbons.

New awards presented this year including the Special Needs High Point Youth and Adult!

Way to go AMHA!!

I for one have to say I had a great time.

Even though I live just 30 minutes away, because I worked I never got to go see everything.

Well this year I wasn't working and got to go EVERYDAY!!

I was very impressed with the classes. There was a good mix of trainer and non-professionals. I feel that most of the judging was fair. I know very little (other than gossip) about the controversies that happened.

There were lots of international people there and they were bringing excellent horses home to improve the breeding oversees (their words not mine).

I got to catch up with some old friends and buy stuff from the vendors there. It was a week full of fun. I will be back next year and hopefully I will be showing.

I would urge anyone that even if they're not showing, that THIS is the place to go research your direction in Miniature Horses, and get to know new people with like interests.

There is an amazing vendor area, and almost every farm attending had great horses for sale in every price range, type, color and size.

So go to Worlds even if it's just to spectate.

Liz

Thank you for starting this thread, Angie!!! It's VERY important to support our National shows. It is a LOT of work for our registries to put them on, regardless of the budgets involved! And the exhibitors ALL spend a lot of time, money, and effort to attend.

I would like to second Nootka's advice for people to come to SPECTATE. I didn't show at the first show I went to (the 2002 AMHR Nationals) I just went to watch. It was QUITE the learning experience.

I suggest to ANYONE who is looking to show, BREED, or make a serious investment in a horse (who has never been to Nationals or World) to GO WATCH FIRST.

TRUE enthusiasts of this breed want what is BEST for the breed. Even if you are just sitting at home producing foals, you OWE IT TO THE BREED to check out the National shows and make sure your stock could possibly hold it's own at the National level. I am one who cringes at those who say "My horse is good, it doesn't have to be shown to prove itself to me" yet has horses that might barely hold it's own at a local show.

Those horses placing at Nationals are the barometer we must all hold our own horses to, if we promote or breed them. The miniature horse industry is getting increasingly competitive. Our customers are wanting increased quality. They want a gelding that is Nationals quality, even if it is just sitting at home in their backyard.

The majority of "average" minis are selling for a song... but quality will always sell if it truly IS quality.

You owe it to yourself to go, and SEE for YOURSELF what exactly "quality" is! Those horses at Nationals/Worlds will blow you away, I guarantee!

Andrea

For us the show was a lot of fun, the grandkids had a great time and all of them did well in the ring. Megan ended up winning a champion jacket and honors with the filly we sold in the World Sale and 4 of the five others had a top ten. The Classes across the board were bigger than normal and as usual tougher to even place in.

The state of the breed in general is doing great. :aktion033: :aktion033:

1. The World Sale sold 62 out of 73 horses with an average of over 6,700.00. The food was great this year again

2. The entries were up from last year.

3. Numerous horses were sold in the barn area to new and old owners alike.

4. The Champion of Champions class was awesome. I even got to put the Rossete on the winners pretty little neck. LOL

5. I was told by some of the wonderful office staff we had people from 17 countries in attendance.

6. Met a lot of old friends there and even made a few new ones

Yes there were a few protests over measurements, but that in itself may end up being a good thing. And it was not a big deal to most of the spectators or exhibitors in attendance, but rather some basis for background gossip for some.
default_wacko.png
:

What more can you ask for out of a National Show! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I just wish I could hold up better to all the late nights and lack of sleep trying to watch everything I wanted to. :lol:

Like I have said before I wish everyone could have been there, it was a LOT of fun.
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that I have missed a World Show in over twenty-five years and every year it is like Christmas! This year was no exception. The horses were the best. The vendors were the best. The friends, old and new, were the best. The staff was the best. If you didn't have a horse involved in the measuring bruhaha, there was no need to be concerned.

There is not a better way to spend your vacation if you have even a fleeting interest in miniature horses. If you have a passion for them, I can't imagine having to miss it.

I enjoyed visiting with many, including Buckonranch's daughter, who was enjoying the show, even though professing little interest. I was so pleased to meet Nootka, who was sitting in front of me, keeping the Forum friends up to date. Also met Birdsong, and several others. There is never enough time to take advantage of all that is offered at the show.

Laura Mullins was the Show Manager for the first time, after assisting last year. She handled the stress and excitement with dignity and never lost her smile or charm. Congratulations on an excellent job.

All the staff did great, but a special thanks to Melanie, who had assisted Kristy for several years, but stepped up her game to do a magnificent job of running the office on her solo run this year. Of course, she admitted to calling Kristy daily, both to update her and to ask her advice.

I could go on and on, but guess I already have. Sorry.

There was entertainment before the World Show Sale??? LOL.

It was interesting to say the least. I sure hope someone took pictures to blackmail those people later on.

Mr. Island Eberth had to be the biggest laugh of the evening.

Well this was a breath of fresh air this morning! Thanks to Angie for starting this post. Here in Montana we don't have any AMHA shows and would have to travel far and wide to attend one, but reading this post about World made me want to! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back