For Those in Oklahoma

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Oklahoma State University in Stillwater and they are offering their low cost gelding services again. Simple gelding (both testicles down) is $50.00 and I believe you can still get their annual shots for an additional $15.00 or $20.00.

Counting the noses at my place and may have a trailer going in the next week or two.

Boys look out you have a target on your head
default_wink.png

How great it is to see these kinds of programs being offered! I just read that FREE gelding is being offered in Kentucky at the Kentucky Horse Park on Sat., Mar. 10, sponsored partly by the state Horse Council. There are requirements for age(4 mo. minimum, I believe), good health,halter broke, both testicles descended, a current Coggins and heatlh cert. required, and a minimal 'processing' fee of $20/horse, make this a VERY good deal! Kudos to those trying to help w/ the problem of 'oversupply' of horses by backing such programs.

Margo

Well, darn! I didn't think to call OSU. :0( I had a colt gelded yesterday and I bet it's going to be a lot more than $50.

OH my I wish that was offered here in the east, I pay $260 per colt to be gelded, and they must be desended and the vet will only do two a day.

Hi Davie,

Thanks for the heads up on this. But what department do we call to set up an appointment? Could you share the number that you called?

Thanks,

Barbara

Thanks Marsha, that is the correct phone number and use Option 4 for the large animal clinic.

Latest posts

Back