For discussion: AMHR: Ponies being

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very different from what you are saying now  Now your saying they shouldnt show because an amhr can only show in one division.
Actually Kay, not expressing myself too awful well. I wasn't changing the original question I brought forth.

This statement of mine came from some things added later in the thread. And no, I personally am not saying they shouldn't show for that reason. What I have added is simply,

Just food for thought.

My personal thought now,

Show what you have, have fun and you need to decide what you need to breed to be at the top in the ribbons!!!!!!!! If indeed that is your goal.
biggrin.gif

Lyn, so this little device only spells how your pronounce? So if a hard to understand French person spoke into it, could we read it?????? Or hard listening American, how ever.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes Frankie the Zoomtext with voice writes what you say. Someone with a thick accent would have difficulty. But my spelling wasnt the issue of this topic so it really shouldnt have even been adressed should it?[/SIZE]

It would seem when you cant argue a point as written then it is easier to attack the way a person writes or spells. Nuff said.

Lyn

My point in NO way was to argue. Never thought that to be any part of this, never. Why would I personally argue something like this, if my mare was not winning, maybe yes that would have been my point, my reason for bringing it up, but my mare DOES win. I honestly brought it up for disussion only, to see how others felt.

And, I WAS NOT ATTACKING YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT IS WHY I USED THE SMILE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a very interesting thread for me to read, but I am very disappointed that several people have become so beligerent in their discussions.I do not agree with many comments and I agree with lots of others.I have seen this happen in many clubs and organizations, both horse&non-horse.Please take time to look at the other person's point of view and try to be more tolerant.We all love equines(Shetland, Mini&lots of others)or we wouldn't be in this group.Enjoy what you have and just remember WHEN YOU SHOW YOU ARE ASKING FOR THE JUDGES' OPINION OF YOUR HORSE!! If you don't like it don't show under that judge again and if you can't stand getting beat, stay out of the ring.Even the top horses get beat at some time in their show career.I guess I'm not real competitive.To me the best part of Minis is sharing them with new buyers who get just as hooked on them as I am.Minis are so good for so many things like therapy in nursing homes, schools, etc.Enjoy what you have folks and share your joy with others.See you at some of the shows.I don't go in the ring, but some of the horses I bred here do.I just hang around and watch and cheer for the winners, mine or not.

Sue_C. said:
The real injustice is that although there is an "over-under" for Shetlands, they are still able to slide into the AMHR, yet,our AMHR horses that go over, are simply grade-ponies. So ya want your cake and eat it too?

This has nothing to do with showing in my opinion, it is a fairness issue.

457200[/snapback]

I can understand the "fairness issue", but really, one should blame those breeders way back when, that dumped the shetland papers on their 38" and under horses, and registered them AMHR (and sometimes AMHA). If they had kept those Shetland papers, then many minis of today would have somewhere to still be registered if/when they went over 38".

Also, keep in mind that there are a lot of minis with no known background, or like I have appaloosas, who would not be allowed in ASPC-- those are just out of luck.

But just because some are "lucky enough" to still be registered as ASPC if they go over 38"-- well, that's life, isn't it? It isn't always "fair".

And anyway, isn't that one reason that the American Show Pony Registry (thru ASPC/AMHR) was created, to have a place we can register oversized minis?

Well, I would certainly like to answer some of the things Belinda brought up as well as some others, but I have been 'advised' by someone living in the same house as me to keep my opinions to myself. This, of course, does not sit well with me, as I feel I have the right to voice my opinion just as everyone else should be able to. But to avoid any other 'confrontations' on the home front, I will bow out of this discussion, however unfair I feel it is!

Pam

Lisa. No need to assume that I haven't been here and haven't read the converstions because I have and I didn't say you thought different opinions were horrible. It was your saying the constant looking for differences, the pointing of fingers.etc......will be the ruin of the breed and that the halter horses are going to be the death of the mini registry that seemed to me over strong statements but like I say, everyone has a right to their opinion and if that is yours you have a right to it...If you think saying those things will help the miniature horse and the registry then you have that right but I don't have to agree with you. Just because I don't agree with you does not mean I think your opinions are horrible!
no.gif
I love the miniature horses and I truly believe that discussions can be beneficial if we want to learn and understand other people. If you think what I said was a personal attack, you are wrong, because i did not mean it to be. Sorry and to avoid further problems I will not respond to any of your posts in fear you will take them as personal attacks.
sad.gif
Mary

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis said:
you know buckskin gal one has to wonder why it is you are choosing to make this personal- i never said anything about anyone having  different opinions being horrible and that they had no right to state them  all i can say is perhaps you havent been here nor read the conversations I am talking about  and simply brought up not started  but really you are the one that seems to take disagreeing opinions (mine) and want to make it a personal issue one that I refuse to take on any more.
smile.gif

bottom line to everyone is yes there is always frustration on where the breed is going and who places and how and where they place again that is part of showing and breeding and really all you can do I will say again and like others have said is do your part with what you believe in and breed what you feel is best for the breed.

457168[/snapback]

I sure understand how you feel even though I don't know you. Hugs, Mary

horsefeather said:
Well, I would certainly like to answer some of the things Belinda brought up as well as some others, but I have been 'advised' by someone living in the same house as me to keep my opinions to myself.  This, of course, does not sit well with me,  as I feel I have the right to voice my opinion just as everyone else should be able to.  But to avoid any other 'confrontations' on the home front, I will bow out of this discussion, however unfair I feel it is!Pam

457279[/snapback]

horsefeather said:
Well, I would certainly like to answer some of the things Belinda brought up as well as some others, but I have been 'advised' by someone living in the same house as me to keep my opinions to myself.  This, of course, does not sit well with me,  as I feel I have the right to voice my opinion just as everyone else should be able to.  But to avoid any other 'confrontations' on the home front, I will bow out of this discussion, however unfair I feel it is!Pam

457279[/snapback]

Hehe...I'd just love to see ANYONE try to keep me from saying what I want to say!! Fortunately, Keith knows better (he'd have to figure out what to do with the new one I'd tear for him...). But then, he'd never presume that he had the right to squelch me.

I for one, would love to hear what you have to say, and I'm sorry you feel as if you cannot give your honest opinion, no matter how much I or others may disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I love this forum. I tried to read everyones post before throwing my two cents in. Hope I'm not repeating what someone else has already said. Here goes.

I have no problem with the shetlands showing miniature, if they meet the height requirments.

My problem is with the shetland breeders picking our National Judges. I usually don't keep track of judges like some do. But here is an example of what went on in 2003. The three open judges chosen to judge the 2003 Nationals had judged a combined total of 6 Miniature shows in the past 2 years. One hadn't judged any. None of them even botheed to show up at Convention to recertify. When they were called on it, the directors just made up some excuse that it was okay. I don't know for sure if the same kind of stuff goes on now, but I wish we all knew just how these judges are picked, because the winneres of the National show determine the dirrection the breed goes. So if you have a pony boy picking a pony judge --there you go. Renee

Very good food for thought.
yes.gif
Mary

LaVern said:
Man I love this forum.  I tried to read everyones post before throwing my two cents in.  Hope I'm not repeating what someone else has  already said.  Here goes. I have no problem with the shetlands showing miniature, if they meet the height requirments.

My problem is with the shetland breeders picking our National Judges.  I usually don't keep track of judges like some do.  But here is an example of what went on in 2003.  The three open judges chosen to judge the 2003 Nationals had judged a combined total of 6 Miniature shows in the past 2 years.  One hadn't judged any.  None of them even botheed to show up at Convention to recertify.  When they were called on it, the directors just made  up some excuse that it was okay.  I don't know for sure if the same kind of stuff goes on now, but I wish we all knew just how these judges are picked, because the winneres of the National show determine the dirrection the breed goes.  So if you have a pony boy picking a pony judge --there you go. Renee

457379[/snapback]

Son of A Gun. I just went back to reread everyones comments. I didn't know that we didn't have a standard of perfection. I've been looking at that pretty little horse on my papers for however long it has been, since we got our new style papers. Was it 95 96? I thought that what was my horses were supposed to look like. What the heck did they put that on there for?

Personally, I think this might better the breed. Minis are getting WAY to refined these days, and maybe a bit of classic shetland would help. Or maybe even through in some modern shetland to improve necks, and movement.
yes.gif

_minihorses4ever_ said:
Personally, I think this might better the breed. Minis are getting WAY to refined these days, and maybe a bit of classic shetland would help. Or maybe even through in some modern shetland to improve necks, and movement.
yes.gif

457434[/snapback]

I agree
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

WOWZERS

and here is a prime example of how when A can't get along with B the entire industry falls
wink.gif

funny to me how A and B are used in ASPC AMHR and to compare AMHA to AMHR.........10-12 years ago when I was introduced B mini's (AMHR) weren't worth spit.......all I can say is AMHR/ASPC/ASPR/NSPR seem to be keeping up with the demand/times and the "other" registry is falling behind

also for the record to be a breed regardless of registry...they will need to accept all "purebred" stock regardless of height........even ApHC figured that one out and APHA..........

more food for thought
wink.gif

LaVern said:
Son of A Gun.  I just went back to reread everyones comments. I didn't know that we didn't have a standard of perfection.  I've been looking at that pretty little horse on my papers for however long it has been,  since we got our new style  papers. Was it 95 96?  I thought that what was my horses were supposed to look like.  What the heck did they put that on there for?
457414[/snapback]

A little history lesson on that "horse" picture in the background.
biggrin.gif
Said "horse" is a Shetland drawing done by Gladys Brown Edwards in the 1950's for L. Frank Bedell's book "The Shetland Pony" to illustrate the parts of the horse.

A little history lesson on that "horse" picture in the background.  Said "horse" is a Shetland drawing done by Gladys Brown Edwards in the 1950's for L. Frank Bedell's book "The Shetland Pony" to illustrate the parts of the horse
Cool
aktion033.gif

A little history lesson on that "horse" picture in the background.  Said "horse" is a Shetland drawing done by Gladys Brown Edwards in the 1950's for L. Frank Bedell's book "The Shetland Pony" to illustrate the parts of the horse.
surely you jest not the same as drew the ARABIAN....STANDARD HORSE.....OH MY
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

runamuk said:
surely you jest not the same as drew the ARABIAN....STANDARD HORSE.....OH MY
new_shocked.gif

new_shocked.gif

new_shocked.gif

457574[/snapback]

Yep, the same Gladys Brown Edwards of Arabian fame.
yes.gif

geez bought time you showed up on this thread (toe tapping here
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
) where have you been
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Back