Foaling Now!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Message from me loopy friend Sherrie:
new_rofl.gif

There was a preg. mare named Lillee

Who I hoped was carrying a filly

I told her to foal

Cuz that was her goal

And she said it will be born with a willie

Oh my, dont get me started. This is what being tired does to me

default_saludando.gif
congrats on your lovely filly we need photos now.......that was great to watch thanks for sharing
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone for helping watch lillee, she had a beautiful pinto pali filly. It was a bit of a tight one as she had a front leg hooked over her head but for Sherrie's it was no problem. Thanks Sherrie for letting us into your barn and sharing this wonderful experience. She sure is a spunky little girl
wub.gif

Sorry I couldnt watch either as it wouldnt let me. Pain in the backside. Glad all is well and looking forward to photos - she sounds gorgeous

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Great Job and pretty baby...little nervous, I could tell something was a little tight but they got it straightned out quickly...did you notice Bonzai..he was more excited than anyone...ah ah...a new playmate!!

default_aktion033.gif

Oh well done Lillee - many congratulations to all concerned!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Cant wait for some pictures - perhaps this will get Peanut and Suzie 'moving'??

Anna

Thanks for posting the video.

It was 'almost' as good as seeing it live.

Congrats, again, on a healthy baby girl.

Must show the vid to Peanut and Suzie so they

know what they are supposed to be doing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
With Sherrie's permission let me present Dreamkeeper Minis latest addition:

Facebook98.jpg
269159_10150240129627444_359602202443_7531318_7210694_n.jpg

Oooooo Thanks for the pictures Renee, what a well marked filly! She looks huge though, or maybe it is the angle of the picture. Hope you will be able to let us see another view of her in a day or so once she has dried out - bet she will be a stunning colour.

Sorry but I have to say to any inexperience folk who watch the video, that they can see that while a 'smaller' stall may be ok for a mini, for a mare trying to foal and needing assistance, there really isn't enough room for the mare and humans/possibly vet too, to be comfortable. Always give as much space as you possibly can to your foaling stalls and always try to be there with your mare!

Pease give your friends my congratulations on a successful foaling. Well done to them all!

Anna

HI all. Renee told me about this thread. I want to thank you all for helping watch Lillee. It was a long wait with not knowing what she was going to do this year. Foal early, on time, or late lol But we now have a beautiful Pali pinto filly who will be going to California to become a show girl. It was a great way to end my foaling year with all the troubles we have had.

We have named her DreamKeeper Peyton The Town Gold and call her Peyton.

Lillees2011filly042.jpg

Lillees2011filly066.jpg

And Anna you are right about the smaller stalls. I just didnt have a choice this yr as my barn filled up. lol Its tight sometimes but it works. Hoping to get an extension on my barn soon so I can go back to my bigger stalls for foaling. But then again in my experience you can give them a whole field and they still will get their butt in a corner lol. I think they do it on purpose. lol

But I just wanted to say thanks and post a couple pictures of her dry for you.

And yes she is bigger. She is R registered only.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures! She's just beautiful, and has a home already??

Congratulations!

It was a pleasure watching her!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Yes she was sold the day she was born to Dusty Rose Miniatures. She will be added to her show string and trained to drive. I could'nt be happier.

Well her new owners are lucky folks - she's gorgeous!
default_wub.png

I could see that you were 'chock a block' with your horses and Renee had said you were having space problems, I just felt that anyone inexperienced new breeders needed to try to plan for larger stalls if they could. And yes, even with our normal 13x15 foot stables we have several times had to open the door and foal half out in the passage way! LOL!!

Good luck with your future plans.
default_yes.gif

hello and welcome Sherri to your own thread
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the photos, she is just adorable and I love her name too. Many people on here helped me watch Lillee and we have formed quiet a special bond with all the late night chats. When you are feeling o.k and fully recovered from your sleep loss come and join us, it is a scream.

Hugs Renee

Thank you Anna.

Hi Renee hugs

Boy i have a hard time keeping up with Marestare lol. But I will try to get over here. I have been registered for a long time and mostly just come to read. I am not much of a poster anymore.

But thank you so much for all your help. I dont know what I would have done without you.Still not caught up on sleep . lol. Someday!!

I have hurt all day tofday. Helped the farrier trim 19 horses yesterday. lol About did us both in.

Poor you, I have the farrier coming this week but I don't have that many.

Latest posts

Back