Foaling dreams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlh

Reaction score
I noticed this mentioned in another post - just wondered who else dreams of babies arriving while they're trying to snooze between times to check on a mare?

I usally dream at least once that I've woken up to check on a mare and she's foaled, but this year was probably one of the worst - as the mare dragged on for 350+ days, I dreamed over and over she'd foaled, (twice in one night, I was convinced we were out in the barn and everything), and I also dreamed of other people's foals.

for Instance, one night I dreamed that we had a little club show, and every club member had a mare there to foal - and they were all cremello, perlino, or palomino. PEn after little wire pen of mares having little yellow babies, and we couldn't keep them apart......

as a result, I'm surprised everytime Erica's mares produice anything besides a cremello this year - tho all her babies are as pretty as anyone could possibly dream.

I always have those dreams. But its not near there dues dates. It is always in between. I wake up in the middle of the night and write down the sex and colour. lol This time it was a buckskin pinto filly. Now lI can't wait to see if I'm right.
default_yes.gif
:

-Nicole

I do not dream of foaling mares per say, but I sure hear that darn pager in my sleep. I will wake up certain it is going off, only to hear to dead silence. I am glad to hear others dream silly things, I thought I was nuts. :new_shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
default_yes.gif
: Get some WIERD foaling dreams! Every year!

Fortunately none of them every come true! :bgrin

MA

In my dreams my poor mare has had one set of triplets and one set of twins. Those two dreams were the most out there, I have had many others as well. Seems like the longer she makes me wait, the weirder my dreams get!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I do not dream of foaling mares per say, but I sure hear that darn pager in my sleep. I will wake up certain it is going off, only to hear to dead silence. I am glad to hear others dream silly things, I thought I was nuts. :new_shocked:
Haha, I have been dreaming about foaling for days! And this will be my first so I dont even really know that much about the whole thing. I guess it is because I have been watching some videos :bgrin

Last year I had a dream one of our mares foaled a TALL foal, I am talking bigger than she is! :new_shocked: It was a very pretty silver bay and all I could think in my dream is how in the world did she have that? Let's just say I was glad when I woke up and she was still preggers on the camera.
default_yes.gif
:

I sometimes dream about mares foaling when it not even foaling season. One time, I dreamed I kept finding newborn foals all over the place outside. They were perfect, but pink, blue, green, red and yellow. They were all solid un-horse colors.........well, that year we had switched from solids to pintos & when foaling season really DID come, yep, they were all colored! But great pinto colors. Gees. Nowadays I'm possessed by appys & don't even want to talk about those dreams!
default_wacko.png
: :new_all_coholic:

I had a dream in 2004. It lasted the whole night thru.

I dreamt that Zoe was having her baby and I was right

there with her, telling her everything would be alright,

that it would be over soon.

I'd get up get a drink of water, go potty, check the dog

and go right back to sleep and into the same dream.

Just before 6 AM the barn owner called, I nearly broke

my leg running for the phone and he'd hung up. I called

his number right back and he answered the phone,

'You're a grandma and it looks just like Daddy."

I cried all the way to the barn I was so overwhelmed

with emotion.

Living proof dreams do come true!

Latest posts

Back