Foaling Dates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zipper

Reaction score
Getting wore out running down to the barn and checking.

All I have is the date that their foal was born last year as the stallion ran with them all year long. You can not touch the mares to feel udders it is just trying to look and see what there udders look like.

Mare 1 had foal last year March 12th had a filly foal March 8th this year.

Mare 2 had foal last year March 28th. Is bred for sure.

Mare 3 had her foal last year April 23rd. Is bred for sure.

Mare 4 had her foal last year May 15th. Sort looks bred.

Mare 5 had her foal last year July 5th. Cant tell.

How do I figure out the soonest they have have their foal?

Thanks again everyone for helping us.

Foal heat is usually about 5 days or so after they foal, which would be the soonest they could be bred after foaling. Some don't take on foal heat (sounds like your Mare 1 was bred on her second heat after foaling).

I too have one that was pasture bred, stallion turned out May 1; she had her last foal on May 24, so I just took May 30 as a date to calculate from, so that puts her 300 days on March 25, and 330 days on April 24. [i used the foaling predictor calculator on the LB info pages to calculate 300 and 330 days from that May 30 date.] I know this isn't as accurate as knowing breeding dates, but it gave me a place to start. And, my girl looks very pregnant, so I'm guessing she did take on her foal heat, but time will tell.

Here's a link to the calculator: http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/breeding/ Foaling calculator is near the top of the page.

Latest posts

Back