Foal loss, but for the best

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That took great courage and I commend your saving this mare and sharing this with us. Surely this a big thing to be thankful for today of all days...your expertise and save of a lovely mare.

Tony, I am so glad you found your mare when you did. Definitely a blessing that this foal was aborted. How far along was your mare? Is your mare doing Ok now? What shots do you all give? THANK YOU so much for allowing us to see this. Corinne

Oh my god I have never seen such a horrible thing, I am glad your mare is ok... Lori

OMG Tony!! I'm so sorry for you and the little mare, but I can't thank you enough for sharing that picture. The sight of that little foal will be with me for a long time to come... I just don't know what else to say...

Dimimore said:
That took great courage and I commend your saving this mare and sharing this with us.  Surely this a big thing to be thankful for today of all days...your expertise and save of a lovely mare.
505990[/snapback]

i couldnt have said it better, thank god it was you who found her in time rather than a novice, it must have been a really difficult time for you. my thoughts are with you.
no.gif

As mentioned before this little one was obviously not meant to be, so glad you found your mare in time. Poor thing. It is just so sad all the way around. Thank you for sharing this, the more I see and learn the more confident I feel in a situation with these mini's.

Awe
sad.gif
Tony, that is so sad. I feel so bad for you and the mare to have this happen.

For sure a blessing that it didn't live.

I pray that the mare is alright.

Hugs

Joyce

Sorry for the loss, Tony
sad.gif

Thank you for sharing that photo with us. I've never seen anything like that.

Tammie

WOW, I have never seen anything like it. I hope your mare is doing ok. Thank God you found her when you did and knew what you were doing. Thanks for sharing the picture too. God bless you and your mare.

Sheri

I've had some pretty bizarre deformities, but never anything that looked quite like that! Glad you found the mare when you did and were able to get it out. I agree with Charlotte; something like that is likely an environmental issue.

[SIZE=14pt]Boy oh boy! That's aweful! I saw something close to this years ago in a calf and in the bubble was a twin!
no.gif
Sorry for your loss, but it was for the best as you said!
[/SIZE]

Bill

Oh Tony! Thank goodness you were there! I'd like to know too how in the world you got that out of her! And, is your little mare OK now? Thanks for sharing! We need every bit of education we can get!

Viki

I'm so sorry for you Tony and I've never seen a fetus like that before either.

Apparently that baby just wasn't meant to be but these things are never easy.

Joyce

I'm not going to open the link to see it Tony, but I just wanted to extend my sympathy to you for your loss. I do hope the mare will rally for you. So very sorry you had to go through this. I'll say a prayer for you and your family tonite Tony. Again, I am very sorry about this.

It looks like a lamb we had here once it was dead! The Vet called it a water baby! It's little body was just a fluid filled bubble!

Sorry for your loss!

RNR

OMG Tony....that little one doesn't even resemble a horse.
no.gif
I wouldn't even call it a Dwarf...it looks more like some alien creature.
new_shocked.gif

I believe, like others, that something else is going on here. Either toxins have caused the deformity, or it's a "water baby" like RNR mentioned.

I hope you are going to preserve it so your vet can see & and give you his opinion on what caused this.

It's people like you who are willing to share problems like this when they happen to you, that make this Forum such a wonderful educational tool!

THANK YOU......and I'm sorry for your loss, but thankful that you were there when your little mare needed you!
yes.gif

Oh my.............. I have never seen anything like that in my life.

I also agree that sharing something like this is what educates us all. I miss the way the forum used to be when the majority of the post I seemed to learn from. Over the last few years I think that we've all let outside things effect the way we post. There are been some real kooks who've bothered us here!

Thank you, Tony for sharing this with us.

Debi

no.gif
bless the soul of that poor little foal. I am so sorry but greatful that you still have your mare. So what kind of things cause dwarfs? I know very littel about them but dont want to have something like that happen.

Have there been a lot of people messing with you guys on this forum? That is unfortunate. I am also on a guinea pig forum and there are loads of wonderful people there but there have been a few incidents too.

It does look like a water baby. I hope your mare is ok.

Robin

Latest posts

Back